Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Reply from Cohen

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,871 Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

MakaDawg said:

Gladstone said:

If you're comfortable, please post the entirety of the letter minus any personal info about you if there's any.

I'm really curious about this because it's a pretty big deal.

In Part.

Axed out the first paragraph because she likes to use my first name.
    I remember it being longer. Probably because it was so painful to read.
    "Bud"

I have been culturally appropriated
    You got that right, guy!

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,356 Founders Club

Canadawg said:

MakaDawg said:

Gladstone said:

If you're comfortable, please post the entirety of the letter minus any personal info about you if there's any.

I'm really curious about this because it's a pretty big deal.

In Part.

Axed out the first paragraph because she likes to use my first name.
    I remember it being longer. Probably because it was so painful to read.
    "Bud"

I have been culturally appropriated
    You got that right, guy!

The Bud we need explaining to Asa Turner that we need more out of him

• RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,628 Founders Club

Thanks for sharing.

Total disconnect from the AD on all fronts... They are not going to lift a finger unless there's a huge drop-off in doogs buying season tickets and merchandise. They are very much business-minded about the whole thing and just living in the moment. They don't even treat Oregon like a rival, as they have emotionally detached themselves from that concept. They've enjoyed the doogdom that lives within many of our fans, because of the success in the 80's and early 90's. That won't last long as old doogs will eventually die off or they'll get jaded and walk away (which is what happened to me). There's only so much of mediocre play and losing to the same teams (Cal, Stanford, & Oregon) in the same stupid fashion a fan can take. It's obvious that the AD doesn't hold the coaches accountable.

The UW AD surrendered a long time ago. Years ago, on doogman, there was discussion of the Marinerization of Husky football. Well, the process is complete. Competing for championships is hard and it also raises expectations. Why bother with that. It's hard! As long as your fanbase keeps spending their money on tickets, replica jerseys, and donations, all is well. Just enough revenue to keep things running.

Quite honestly, I have many other things I can spend my money on and they are all a hell of a lot more fun than Husky football. Detaching myself from this program has also been good for my psyche.

Fuck this team, fuck the AD, fuck the upper campus, fuck Seattle, and fuck King County. We'll never have the type of championship caliber football team that we expect with the clownshow "leadership" on all levels.

Sounds like the mid 2000s all over again.
    Some of us? were still dooging back then and had hope that if Tawd and Ty were gone, the ship could be turned around. But it's painfully obvious now that no amount of replacing of ADs and coaches is going to make a difference. The UW will keep hiring the same type of people; people who are more concerned about sustainability and PR. This is not conducive to hiring a coach who is an actual winner... or recruiting players who are not necessarily here to play school.

The AD will keep doing the same dumbass things year in and year out. I don't even think they expect better results. Just win enough games to keep an adequate number of butts in the seats. They can always brag about player GPAs and graduation rates. That's great, but it would be even better if you were actually winning meaningful games and bowls.
    I think this is spot on. Urban Meyer could decide he wants to coach the Huskies and bring every blue chip recruit west of the Mississippi to Montlake and our? program would still succumb to the same behavior after a brief period of success. The last vestiges of the national title-or-bust mentality is slowly getting bred out of the University and the conference. Until that rot is cut out at the root, we? best get used to the new world order.

Again, that might be fine for some people in the fan base, but it’s not OK for me.
    Sorry DDJ that ain't ever happenin at UW again. Universities are hedge funds for givrrnment loving leebrils
  • TrojanSwordTrojanSword Member Posts: 545
    This bullshit is not the Pac 12's fault. I hate Larry Scott the most but this is UWs fault 100%. If they gave half a fuck about football the team would have been ready. I hate the quacks but they are ready to play football and they give a shit about football. UW doesn't not care about football.
  • RoadTripRoadTrip Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,628 Founders Club

This bullshit is not the Pac 12's fault. I hate Larry Scott the most but this is UWs fault 100%. If they gave half a fuck about football the team would have been ready. I hate the quacks but they are ready to play football and they give a shit about football. UW doesn't not care about football.

UW thinks they care about football...It’s hard
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,494 Swaye's Wigwam

How is it not Pac 12 rules governed by West Coast Politics? UW didn’t get the crud until it did. What were they doing right earlier in the season that suddenly changed? Who’s to say OR or USC aren’t next in line for crud?

It possible we are going to have plenty to bash Jenn and Jimmy on in 2021. This is not one of those things. Keep your powder dry fellas.
    I agree. I am so many thousands times more angry about the product on the field than any of this shit that I'm just having a hard time really giving a shit about it. I have serious doubts that anybody from Cohen down voluntarily skipped the game.
  • QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,280 Swaye's Wigwam

The more I go back to the bud line the more cunty it sounds. She was probably trying to be cute but that doesn't always translate to the written word

See: the internet

What about the “milkers” line?