Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ELECTION 2020 POLE

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    PGOS
    https://hotair.com/archives/john-s-2/2020/10/29/michael-moore-dont-believe-polls/
    Michael Moore famously predicted Trump’s win in 2016. Today he appeared on the Hill’s show Rising and warned that the presidential race could be closer than it appears, especially in battleground states: “Trump has tightened virtually every one of these swing states to the point where—what are they saying this morning…Biden’s 5 points ahead in Wisconsin, maybe 3 points ahead in Florida, 2 points ahead in Arizona.”

“Listen, don’t believe these polls, first of all, and second of all the Trump vote is always being undercounted,” Moore said. He went on to suggest that when pollsters call Trump voters they are not likely to get the truth out of them. Moore admitted his opinion was not scientific but based on his own instincts, “Whatever they’re saying the Biden lead is, cut it in half right now in your head. Cut it in half and now you’re within the four point margin of error.” “That’s how close this is,” he added.

Moore pointed out that in a recent trip to Michigan Trump held a rally in one of the counties Hillary won in 2016, with thousands of people showing up. He said he doesn’t know who is going to win the election next week but said, “I wake up every morning with the assumption that Trump believes he’s going to win and that’s good enough for me.” He added, “He thinks he’s going to win and I know he’s an evil genius and he’s smarter than all of us.”

Moore went on to say that he wasn’t simply saying this as an “exercise” to keep Democrats on their toes. “He’s already done it,” he said, referring to 2016. But later in the interview he said he could make the argument that this election was about to be “a massive tsunami” in favor of Biden.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,479 Founders Club
    TRUMP
    I'm watching a recording of a prime time show from last night and Trump is buying prime time ads in LA.

30 points down. Allegedly

PGOS
    dflea said:

I'd better get to the weed shop before Tuesday.

And avoid the sativa strains.

Speaking of which, Term 2 Trump should move on federal weed decriminalization.
    PGOS
    Queerie for elections guysm: Are states already tabulating results in secret?
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,534 Standard Supporter
    edited October 2020
    TRUMP

I'm watching a recording of a prime time show from last night and Trump is buying prime time ads in LA.

That's cocksure he's going to win - now he's running it up.

Bobby Bowden style.

• LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300
    TRUMP

That's cocksure he's going to win - now he's running it up.

Bobby Bowden style.

I’m all for it, go for 100 points gotta get those BCS popular vote style points so the electoral college trolls stay home.
  • NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    edited October 2020
    TRUMP
    Poasted in another thread but Biden is running depressing Covid ads on Portland local TV and a few Trump positive ads are now in the mix.

Quite the contrast.
    edited October 2020
    PGOS
    https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/10/30/say-whats-biden-minnesota-today/
    Minnesota? Four days before an election? In perhaps the strongest sign that this state has become a battleground, both presidential candidates will make appearances today — despite the state’s record streak as a Democratic stronghold going back to 1976:

President Donald Trump and Democratic challenger Joe Biden will hold competing Minnesota rallies Friday as the race for the White House intensifies in what has become a potential battleground state in Tuesday’s election.

Biden’s campaign announced Thursday that he would hold a drive-in car rally in St. Paul at 3:45 p.m., just ahead of a previously scheduled Trump rally at 5 p.m. in the Rochester area.

The Biden event seemed designed to limit crowding and close personal contact out of concern for the pandemic. The details of Trump’s Rochester-area rally shifted Thursday after state officials asked the Trump campaign and Republican National Committee to produce a COVID-19 preparedness plan.

Trump and Mike Pence have been in and out of Minnesota several times over the last few months. For Biden, this looks like a late addition to his focus:

The Friday night rally will be Trump’s fourth campaign visit to the state this year, following previous rallies in Mankato, Bemidji and Duluth.

The Twin Cities stop will be Biden’s second visit to the state since winning the Democratic nomination in August. The former vice president toured a labor union training center outside Duluth and greeted voters in the city’s Canal Park district on the first day of early voting in mid-September.

But Biden has only made specific and limited personal appearances, and only where necessary — Florida, Pennsylvania, plus an attempt to expand the map in Arizona and Georgia. Why Minnesota? Apparently, Trump’s not the only one who thinks the state is in play.

The Star Tribune notices it, too:

The Trump campaign started pushing resources into Minnesota early in the presidential cycle, building out a campaign infrastructure the likes of which Minnesota Republicans said they have not seen here for years, if ever. The Biden campaign was slower to invest in Minnesota as he worked to lock up the Democratic nomination, but recent months have seen his campaign making up lost ground.

The Biden campaign isn’t doing much “investment” except in call centers and advertising. They have flooded the zone with the latter, but that’s been the case since the general election started. Call centers won’t do much good without a ground game to inform it, which the Biden campaign has completely eschewed. They’re playing catch-up now, and that also indicates that they think Biden’s position in Minnesota is in danger.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    edited October 2020
    TRUMP
    @GrundleStiltzkin I am relying on you to get the photos of the crowds at the competing rallies from the Twatters for me. TYFYS

These rallies should be a good indicator of enthusiasm. MN is ground zero for the BLM movement and is as blue as blue can get. If Trump doubles him on crowd size there, that says something, to me anyway. Trump may not win MN, but to even be competitive spells doom for Joe in other parts of the Midwest.
    PGOS
    Swaye said:

@GrundleStiltzkin I am relying on you to get the photos of the crowds at the competing rallies from the Twatters for me. TYFYS

These rallies should be a good indicator of enthusiasm. MN is ground zero for the BLM movement and is as blue as blue can get. If Trump doubles him on crowd size there, that says something, to me anyway. Trump may not win MN, but to even be competitive spells doom for Joe in other parts of the Midwest.

I still don’t think rally size is a strong indicator. If you recall, we are in the grippes of a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    TRUMP

Swaye said:

I still don’t think rally size is a strong indicator. If you recall, we are in the grippes of a GLOBAL PANDEMIC.

Still gonna needs those twats please.
    edited October 2020
    PGOS
    https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morrissey/2020/10/30/politico-florida-dems-hit-panic-button-miami-dade-turnout/

Gee, maybe Joe Biden should have chosen a warm-weather state to kick off his weekend. While he plays defense in Minnesota, his party has begun to panic over turnout numbers in Florida. Democrats need to run up the score in Miami-Dade to have any hope of winning the state’s 29 Electoral College votes, and so far the Biden campaign’s turnout isn’t even keeping up with Hillary Clinton’s failed 2016 effort:

Democrats are sounding the alarm about weak voter turnout rates in Florida’s biggest county, Miami-Dade, where a strong Republican showing is endangering Joe Biden’s chances in the nation’s biggest swing state.

No Democrat can win Florida without a huge turnout and big winning margins here to offset losses elsewhere in the state. But Democrats are turning out at lower rates than Republicans and at lower rates than at this point in 2016, when Hillary Clinton won by 29 percentage points here and still lost the state to Donald Trump.

Allahpundit ran through the polling in Florida yesterday, most of which indicated that Biden was doing relatively well, despite worries over Latino voters. Turnout prospects looked good too. So what’s the problem? Turnout among specific Democratic target groups has fallen off significantly — and Democrats think they know why:

One particular area of concern is the relative share of ballots cast by young voters of color and less-reliable Democratic voters. Part of the problem, according to interviews with a dozen Democratic elected officials and operatives, is the Biden campaign‘s decision to discourage field staff from knocking on doors during the pandemic and its subsequent delay in greenlighting — and funding — a return to door-to-door canvassing.

“We did not get the kind of funding for different vendors who would do that type of work until late in the campaign,” said Rep. Frederica Wilson, a party institution who represents Miami’s heavily Black congressional district.

GRIM

• NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    TRUMP
    GOTV and all that, but people in Philly say Simmons lives in New Jersey and has since 2019.