Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ELECTION 2020 POLE

15678911»

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    BIDEN
    Swaye said:

Never another Regan?

I just don't know how you break through. Agree with Race all this shit is cyclical (in 2000 who saw Virginia, at the state level, blue?). Juts hard for me because conservatives are leaving there en masse it feels like making an already bad situation worse, and no conservative i know of want sot move their. In fact, the entire WC is essentially no go country for any right of center people I know.
    People whose main philosophy is "leave me and everyone else the fuck alone" will always lose over time... slowly chipped away at by mans natural authoritarianism...

Until you piss enough of them off and the peasants pick up their arms and water the tree and restart the whole thing again.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club
    TRUMP

Swaye said:

That's pretty in-line for Sumter County. They went 68.8% (I'll round up to 69) for Trump last time. The Villages is essentially a GOP playground for seniors.
    Note to self: Troll The Villages for trim in 30 years.
    The Villages is a well known hot spot for sexually active seniors. It's like a geriatric Cabo. I see a lot of HHers retiring here.

https://nypost.com/2009/01/25/retire-to-the-bedroom/
    This is probably the best news I will have on election day. TYFYS
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    TRUMP

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Texas will go blue at some point, but not today.

I’m not 100% sure of that

Any closeness at this point would be because Trump’s an ass and the party has likely moved a little too far right

Republicans move more to the center and run on minimal government, respect people, and personal responsibility/freedoms and Texas doesn’t flip anytime soon

It’s not California/New York that will flip Texas, it will be education infrastructure in Austin, Dallas, and Houston
    On a long enough timeline demographic changes (birthrates, etc) and cultural changes brought on by East Coasters fleeing taxes but then voting for more government when they get there ensures a blue Texas at some point. 10 years? 20 years? I have no idea. But it's coming. Brace yourself.

Small caveat. If the GOP would do something to sway hispanics more fully this could all be averted. I have little faith they will.
    What happens faster, Texas blue or a west coast state red after an implosion
    @Swaye is right in that Texas Republicans need to get their shit together before demographics, etc. take over

There's a part of me that thinks that California is ripe for some significant change. There was a 30 point gap in 2016. I'll be interested to see if that gap closes and by how much in 2020.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,377 Founders Club
    TRUMP

Next year's Hardcore Husky fundraiser giveaway?
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,228

Trump landslide

Dems claim cheating.

Trump ends post election counting

Riots

Dude.

You gotta do better than this.