Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kill me now

Comments

• Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

q

The possible saving grace will be the season (if it happens). We have the horses to win the pac 12. With the guys we have returning and the quality of the guys replacing last years starters there is absolutely no excuse for not winning the pac 12. If Jimmy is up to the job, we will absolutely FUCK in recruiting down the stretch. If we go 8-5 or something, we will likely have the 4th best class in the north (closer to OSU and WSU than to the top 3) and you might as well fire the whole staff and start over cuz it'll be all downhill from there.

This is doogy as fuck. We don’t even know if we have a quarterback, and there’s no spring ball this year. That is not a recipe for any kind of championship outside of the sustainability natty.
    How is it dooging to say that with the talent we've acquired over the last 4 years, theres no excuse for not winning the pac 12? That's literally the opposite of dooging. Fuck the "we dont know if we have a qb" narrative. You have 3 4* recruits. Get one of them to play at a high level! Nobody else had spring ball so why should we fold the cards and say, "well theres no hope this year. I guess we might be better next year when we have spring ball and a new freshman qb."
    Saying UW has as good of shot as any other team is different than saying there’s no excuses. There’s not one reason to put UW as a front runner. That includes talent acquisition over the last 4 years.
    Who has vastly better returning talent than us? I dont think we are returning amazing talent, but the rest of the PAC is dreck as well. Cal returns their QB but they lose all their studs on defense and have not recruited well in the last few years. Oregon is in the exact same spot as us QB-wise and has to replace 4/5 of their o line. ASU loses their 2 biggest offensive weapons. USC has Helton. Again, if Jimmy is the guy, He should win with THIS group in THIS conference.

Our DL and DB groups should be at the top of the conference with who we have returning. Otten should be one of the best TEs. Our WR group should be VASTLY upgraded compared to last year. If those things dont happen, then Jimmy is not the right coach. If they do happen, we win the conference.
    You're selling us short. We're not dreck. We whined for millenia about achieving that elusive 50% blue chip ratio and guess what? We're fucking there. We're beyond it. We have talent EVERYWHERE. Now I don't know about y'all, but I expect Jimmy to use that talent to roll the fuck out of people. The defense is fucking locked and loaded and could be the best we've seen. I'm seeing predictions of "likely 7-6" in here. Fucking Christ. What happened to these poor people?
    The front seven last year was vulnerable. The qb play was inconsistent. If you think addition by subtraction makes you better because “blue chip” talent, you might reconsider expectations. The cream should have risen to the top at linebacker last year and it didn’t.
    There was no cream at LB.

You havent spent enough time watching specific UW players, experienced or otherwise, to write intelligently about expectations for this year. Dont be a simpleton flame like that pompous moron mooster.
    You made my point. There was no cream at LB. I watched every UW game. I can opine just as much as everyone here.

UW has a tough row to hoe next season to win the conference. I have much more faith in the qb play at Oregon. There are less holes to fill in defense. The schedule sets up well for Oregon.
    Quook
    Where are the holes on defense? Also, Shough has looked good in limited play and we have a senior qb that’s played a bunch. Oregon has a higher floor than UW. If you think otherwise, explain why.
    You have no reason to have more faith in Oregon QB's. Neither of us have any reason to have any faith in our QB's.

I didn't say anything about Oregon having holes to fill on defense. Neither defense has holes to fill.
    Oregon has a senior grad qb that played a ton of football. It’s hard to argue otherwise.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Only reason Ulofoshio didn’t start was recruiting rankings. I’m being serious too. A guy like him, coaches look for what’s wrong. There is no way Sirmon was even close to as good in practice because he sure as hell wasnt close in every game they played in.

Maybe he fucked up a couple times in practice. All I know is he should have been playing a lot sooner.

Um, Kyler Manu
  • Options
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

q

The possible saving grace will be the season (if it happens). We have the horses to win the pac 12. With the guys we have returning and the quality of the guys replacing last years starters there is absolutely no excuse for not winning the pac 12. If Jimmy is up to the job, we will absolutely FUCK in recruiting down the stretch. If we go 8-5 or something, we will likely have the 4th best class in the north (closer to OSU and WSU than to the top 3) and you might as well fire the whole staff and start over cuz it'll be all downhill from there.

This is doogy as fuck. We don’t even know if we have a quarterback, and there’s no spring ball this year. That is not a recipe for any kind of championship outside of the sustainability natty.
    How is it dooging to say that with the talent we've acquired over the last 4 years, theres no excuse for not winning the pac 12? That's literally the opposite of dooging. Fuck the "we dont know if we have a qb" narrative. You have 3 4* recruits. Get one of them to play at a high level! Nobody else had spring ball so why should we fold the cards and say, "well theres no hope this year. I guess we might be better next year when we have spring ball and a new freshman qb."
    Saying UW has as good of shot as any other team is different than saying there’s no excuses. There’s not one reason to put UW as a front runner. That includes talent acquisition over the last 4 years.
    Who has vastly better returning talent than us? I dont think we are returning amazing talent, but the rest of the PAC is dreck as well. Cal returns their QB but they lose all their studs on defense and have not recruited well in the last few years. Oregon is in the exact same spot as us QB-wise and has to replace 4/5 of their o line. ASU loses their 2 biggest offensive weapons. USC has Helton. Again, if Jimmy is the guy, He should win with THIS group in THIS conference.

Our DL and DB groups should be at the top of the conference with who we have returning. Otten should be one of the best TEs. Our WR group should be VASTLY upgraded compared to last year. If those things dont happen, then Jimmy is not the right coach. If they do happen, we win the conference.
    You're selling us short. We're not dreck. We whined for millenia about achieving that elusive 50% blue chip ratio and guess what? We're fucking there. We're beyond it. We have talent EVERYWHERE. Now I don't know about y'all, but I expect Jimmy to use that talent to roll the fuck out of people. The defense is fucking locked and loaded and could be the best we've seen. I'm seeing predictions of "likely 7-6" in here. Fucking Christ. What happened to these poor people?
    The front seven last year was vulnerable. The qb play was inconsistent. If you think addition by subtraction makes you better because “blue chip” talent, you might reconsider expectations. The cream should have risen to the top at linebacker last year and it didn’t.

You havent spent enough time watching specific UW players, experienced or otherwise, to write intelligently about expectations for this year. Dont be a simpleton flame like that pompous moron mooster.
    You made my point. There was no cream at LB. I watched every UW game. I can opine just as much as everyone here.

UW has a tough row to hoe next season to win the conference. I have much more faith in the qb play at Oregon. There are less holes to fill in defense. The schedule sets up well for Oregon.
    Quook
    Where are the holes on defense? Also, Shough has looked good in limited play and we have a senior qb that’s played a bunch. Oregon has a higher floor than UW. If you think otherwise, explain why.
    You have no reason to have more faith in Oregon QB's. Neither of us have any reason to have any faith in our QB's.

I didn't say anything about Oregon having holes to fill on defense. Neither defense has holes to fill.
    Oregon has a senior grad qb that played a ton of football. It’s hard to argue otherwise.
    He's never even completed 60% of his passes in the shitty ACC and now he's transferring into a new system with a shortened offseason.

If that makes you confident, you're a Quook.

hth
    He was 59% passer in a pro style offense. He improved that every year and he took care of the ball. Let’s not pretend the defenses BC faced aren’t up to Pac 12 standards.

Do you really think Moorehead won’t get more out of him?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

q

Quook

He's never even completed 60% of his passes in the shitty ACC and now he's transferring into a new system with a shortened offseason.

hth
    He was 59% passer in a pro style offense. He improved that every year and he took care of the ball. Let’s not pretend the defenses BC faced aren’t up to Pac 12 standards.

I don't think he will start.
  • Options
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

q

Quook

hth

Right. He is the floor for Oregon. A 60% passer that takes care of the ball and can push the ball down the field.

Shough has looked confident every time he stepped on the field.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,238
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

q

Quook

hth

Right. He is the floor for Oregon. A 60% passer that takes care of the ball and can push the ball down the field.

Shough it up your ass, ya quack!
  • Options
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

q

Quook

hth

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

q

Quook

hth

He's thrown 6 passes against power 5 competition.

STOp.
    He looked good against SC. He looks good in practice, spring games and in games.

So, a senior grad that can manage a game and a promising sophomore.

Can UW say the same?
  • Options

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

q

Quook

hth

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

q

Quook

hth

He's thrown 6 passes against power 5 competition.

STOp.
    He looked good against SC. He looks good in practice, spring games and in games.

So, a senior grad that can manage a game and a promising sophomore.

Can UW say the same?
    Good god. You are the quookiest quook who ever quooked. Take this "Matt Prehm tells me he looks really good in practice" shit to educk or the duck part of this site.
    Whatever.

You heard it here. Shough is good. Millen has a long way to go. Butter field will be third.
  • Options
    Woof said:

Oregon's defense gave up 31 points to a Chris Petersen offense last year. That's not elite in my book.

Oregon’s defense will be better next year. It’s hard to argue that too.
  • Options

You know who else looked confident when he stepped on the field? Jake Haener did against North Dakota. You know who else got rave reviews in practice reports? Jake Haener did. Then he stepped on the field against a real team and provided me with one of the more surreal moments of my Husky fandom (#MillenialDoogAlert, #NeverForget). Not saying Shough = Haener, but I do think it’s fair to say you really have no idea what he’s going to look like as a starter game in and game out.

If Shough is the starter, he’s better than serviceable. Oregon has a known quantity at qb. Also, Shough is 6’4” 220 has good arm strength and was a blue chip talent out high school. Haener was always going to have to compensate for his physical shortcomings.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    I for one wish UW had gotten one of the many grad transfer QBs this year to provide that floor for Sirmon or whoever to try to top.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

You know who else looked confident when he stepped on the field? Jake Haener did against North Dakota. You know who else got rave reviews in practice reports? Jake Haener did. Then he stepped on the field against a real team and provided me with one of the more surreal moments of my Husky fandom (#MillenialDoogAlert, #NeverForget). Not saying Shough = Haener, but I do think it’s fair to say you really have no idea what he’s going to look like as a starter game in and game out.

If Shough is the starter, he’s better than serviceable. Oregon has a known quantity at qb. Also, Shough is 6’4” 220 has good arm strength and was a blue chip talent out high school. Haener was always going to have to compensate for his physical shortcomings.
    Jacob Sirmon is 6'5" 234 with better arm strength and was ranked 50 spots higher than Shough out of high school and nobody on here is jerking off about him because he hasn't proven shit on the field yet, just like Shough.
    Sirmon also was getting beat by Morris. I am not anointing Shough as the next great one. I have more faith in our qbs precisely because Sirmon hasn’t stood out and Oregon has a senior transfer and a someone they feel good about.

Seriously, I mentioned Shough’s measurables to Haener. Stop acting like it’s anything more.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I for one wish UW had gotten one of the many grad transfer QBs this year to provide that floor for Sirmon or whoever to try to top.

They tried. No one wants to play for Donovan.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,797
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Jacob Sirmon is 6'5" 234 with better arm strength and was ranked 50 spots higher than Shough out of high school and nobody on here is jerking off about him because he hasn't proven shit on the field yet, just like Shough.
    Sirmon also was getting beat by Morris. I am not anointing Shough as the next great one. I have more faith in our qbs precisely because Sirmon hasn’t stood out and Oregon has a senior transfer and a someone they feel good about.

Seriously, I mentioned Shough’s measurables to Haener. Stop acting like it’s anything more.
    Sirmon was the backup last year hth