Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kill me now

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2020
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

q

The possible saving grace will be the season (if it happens). We have the horses to win the pac 12. With the guys we have returning and the quality of the guys replacing last years starters there is absolutely no excuse for not winning the pac 12. If Jimmy is up to the job, we will absolutely FUCK in recruiting down the stretch. If we go 8-5 or something, we will likely have the 4th best class in the north (closer to OSU and WSU than to the top 3) and you might as well fire the whole staff and start over cuz it'll be all downhill from there.

This is doogy as fuck. We don’t even know if we have a quarterback, and there’s no spring ball this year. That is not a recipe for any kind of championship outside of the sustainability natty.
    How is it dooging to say that with the talent we've acquired over the last 4 years, theres no excuse for not winning the pac 12? That's literally the opposite of dooging. Fuck the "we dont know if we have a qb" narrative. You have 3 4* recruits. Get one of them to play at a high level! Nobody else had spring ball so why should we fold the cards and say, "well theres no hope this year. I guess we might be better next year when we have spring ball and a new freshman qb."
    Saying UW has as good of shot as any other team is different than saying there’s no excuses. There’s not one reason to put UW as a front runner. That includes talent acquisition over the last 4 years.
    Who has vastly better returning talent than us? I dont think we are returning amazing talent, but the rest of the PAC is dreck as well. Cal returns their QB but they lose all their studs on defense and have not recruited well in the last few years. Oregon is in the exact same spot as us QB-wise and has to replace 4/5 of their o line. ASU loses their 2 biggest offensive weapons. USC has Helton. Again, if Jimmy is the guy, He should win with THIS group in THIS conference.

Our DL and DB groups should be at the top of the conference with who we have returning. Otten should be one of the best TEs. Our WR group should be VASTLY upgraded compared to last year. If those things dont happen, then Jimmy is not the right coach. If they do happen, we win the conference.
    You're selling us short. We're not dreck. We whined for millenia about achieving that elusive 50% blue chip ratio and guess what? We're fucking there. We're beyond it. We have talent EVERYWHERE. Now I don't know about y'all, but I expect Jimmy to use that talent to roll the fuck out of people. The defense is fucking locked and loaded and could be the best we've seen. I'm seeing predictions of "likely 7-6" in here. Fucking Christ. What happened to these poor people?
    The front seven last year was vulnerable. The qb play was inconsistent. If you think addition by subtraction makes you better because “blue chip” talent, you might reconsider expectations. The cream should have risen to the top at linebacker last year and it didn’t.
    There was no cream at LB.

You havent spent enough time watching specific UW players, experienced or otherwise, to write intelligently about expectations for this year. Dont be a simpleton flame like that pompous moron mooster.
    You made my point. There was no cream at LB. I watched every UW game. I can opine just as much as everyone here.

UW has a tough row to hoe next season to win the conference. I have much more faith in the qb play at Oregon. There are less holes to fill in defense. The schedule sets up well for Oregon.
    Quook
    Where are the holes on defense? Also, Shough has looked good in limited play and we have a senior qb that’s played a bunch. Oregon has a higher floor than UW. If you think otherwise, explain why.
    You have no reason to have more faith in Oregon QB's. Neither of us have any reason to have any faith in our QB's.

I didn't say anything about Oregon having holes to fill on defense. Neither defense has holes to fill.
    Oregon has a senior grad qb that played a ton of football. It’s hard to argue otherwise.
    He's never even completed 60% of his passes in the shitty ACC and now he's transferring into a new system with a shortened offseason.

If that makes you confident, you're a Quook.

hth
    I would have gone in another direction: I would have focused on Shough, because he's a talented kid who's been in the system a while now, got to draft behind a 4-year starter and had some decent garbage time. That's a better argument than the BC kid.

Still, I'd say it's true that it's quooking to say that Oregon's situation at QB is better, when really nobody has a clue how the kid will do when it's his job in game time.
    I would feel worse if Shough couldn’t beat out Haener.
    Sure, but there are few areas in sports that are more LIPO than QB. Based on 30+ years watching this sport, there have been more WTF moments when it comes to that position than any other.

Miami has had a bevy of super talented guyms come through with all the tools and "amazed" people in practice who then nonetheless couldn't get it done when it was really their job.

I've grown so fucking weary of pre-season QB evals that I barely pay attention to them.

I'd have focused less on QB play and more on the running game. Oregon's commitment to the run, for which you can thank THE most handsome coach in America, is an advantage for Oregon. Everyone says they're committed to the run, but few stick with it to develop the mentality and culture you need to live with it. Sure, Oregon is replacing their line, but they keep the best one and run blocking takes less time to gel than pass blocking.

I think Oregon's running game is what favors them for 2020 on offense, and it's really their defense that should give them a running shot at competing for the P12. Not saying they win it; don't twist. But sound defense buys you a lot of tim.

That, and they get Washington at home this season.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Haener is gonna kill at Fresno State and we will all be pissed he’s not at UW. It’s the script.

I would laugh my ass off if he turned into the next Derek Carr, I'm not gonna lie.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Mosster47 said:

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

You're a .500 program since James quit which was a looooooooooooooong time ago.

This is where UW has proven itself to belong. Best case scenario the 2020 season gets cancelled because you all know you're staring down the barrel of another 6/7 win season.

You’re the LA Clippers of College Football. Shut the fuck up.
    Three Rose Bowl wins in the last ten years...checks out.

Let me paint a better picture. Since the Doogfather quit UW has as many 2 or less win seasons as conference titles.

Let me help; 7-4, 7-4, 7-4, 6-6, 7-5, 7-6, 6-6, 1-10, 2-9, 5-7, 4-9, 0-12, 5-7, 7-6, 7-6, 7-6, 7-6.

Do you see the pattern forming here? You're a fucking shit program. The one good coach you've have since color TV died of old age.

Just because good football players grow up near a shitty program that doesn't mean they should or are going to go there. Go ask ASU how that's working out for them.
    0 National Championsips.

Losing record versus UW.

All the ducks have is selective history. I too can point to a certain point at your history and laugh at it.

Also, last 4 years, UW has undoubtedly been the more sucessfull program. You don't even have recent history. Just last year lol.
    UW's 17 year plan to not win a Rose Bowl? Ok...
    You beat the 3rd best team in the big 10.

Please shut the fuck up.
    So how good was the last Oregon team that UW beat?

You dumb fucks never seem to understand that these jabs work equally in the other direction.

You should have stayed in the Tacoma crack house with Ballz.
    We sucked last year. I have no problem admitting that
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

This is where UW has proven itself to belong. Best case scenario the 2020 season gets cancelled because you all know you're staring down the barrel of another 6/7 win season.

Let me paint a better picture. Since the Doogfather quit UW has as many 2 or less win seasons as conference titles.

Let me help; 7-4, 7-4, 7-4, 6-6, 7-5, 7-6, 6-6, 1-10, 2-9, 5-7, 4-9, 0-12, 5-7, 7-6, 7-6, 7-6, 7-6.

Do you see the pattern forming here? You're a fucking shit program. The one good coach you've have since color TV died of old age.

Just because good football players grow up near a shitty program that doesn't mean they should or are going to go there. Go ask ASU how that's working out for them.
    0 National Championsips.

Losing record versus UW.

All the ducks have is selective history. I too can point to a certain point at your history and laugh at it.

Also, last 4 years, UW has undoubtedly been the more sucessfull program. You don't even have recent history. Just last year lol.

Please shut the fuck up.

You dumb fucks never seem to understand that these jabs work equally in the other direction.

That's not the point junior.

Should have taken an introductory logic course at Colorado State.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Haener is gonna kill at Fresno State and we will all be pissed he’s not at UW. It’s the script.

As masochistic as it sounds, I would take quite a bit of enjoyment in that.

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if there was a lot of shit behind the scenes with the 2019 qb battle that lead to Pete hanging it up and the team's overall effort and morale being shitty that season.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,896
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

0 National Championsips.

Losing record versus UW.

Please shut the fuck up.

Sure but it’s meant more to piss off Duck fans than anything else?
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I honestly wouldnt be surprised if there was a lot of shit behind the scenes with the 2019 qb battle that lead to Pete hanging it up and the team's overall effort and morale being shitty that season.
    The cake was already in the oven by that time. Pete's perception of the QB room is indicative, however, of a systemic and flawed attitude that prevented the program from reaching national prominence.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Baseman said:

The cake was already in the oven by that time. Pete's perception of the QB room is indicative, however, of a systemic and flawed attitude that prevented the program from reaching national prominence.
    He just wasn't ruthless enough to move his attitude of how to run a top 10 program with top flight recruits at a school not Boise.

As honorable as it was - the reality was too tiring.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

0 National Championsips.

Losing record versus UW.

Please shut the fuck up.

That a question or a statement.

Also, when you lay it out like that, it doesn't work.

You were not ready to return grasshopper.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

0 National Championsips.

Losing record versus UW.

Please shut the fuck up.

I was confused why you cared to comment.
  • Options

Mosster47 said:

betadawg said:

betadawg said:

Mosster47 said:

Mosster47 said:

0 National Championsips.

Losing record versus UW.

Please shut the fuck up.

I was confused why you cared to comment.
    You're not getting any better with more effort.
  • Options
    EsophagealFecesEsophagealFeces Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I’d say Cal is too high, but we always lose to Cal. It’s science.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2020
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

I for one wish UW had gotten one of the many grad transfer QBs this year to provide that floor for Sirmon or whoever to try to top.

No doubt. Brown has been a mostly mediocre QB against mediocre competition and has had two devastating injuries to the same knee. Adding him to our mix would not make me feel significantly better about our QB room other than simply adding another body for the competition.

He’s more Prukop than Vernon Adams.
    You’re overselling the injury. It is not “devastating.”

With regards to defenses, they play ND and Clemson regularly. Those two defenses are better than any we face. You’re spinning the narrative.
    He’s thrown 3 passes against Clemson and Notre Dame combined since his freshman year.

You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.
    Yeah, he played both his frosh year. He played VaTech all three years. You’re the twat that is being selective. So, his experience as a frosh is null and void? Look, I don’t think the kid is great. He’s an insurance policy.

Moorehead’s offense runs the qb 10-15 a game. That does two things: 1) requires more than 3 scholarship qb and 2) stresses a defense more making the qb’s job a bit easier.

Yes, I have more faith in the Oregon staff to manage the qbs better.

Donavan bad Penn State coach
    Moorehead good Penn State coach
    5 is better than 3
    Senior transfer qb better than not having senior qb
    Backup looking good in practice and limited game time better than not.

• Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    DougDoug Member Posts: 40
    edited May 2020