Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kill me now

Comments

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Domicillo said:

In jimmy lake we trust
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

I for one wish UW had gotten one of the many grad transfer QBs this year to provide that floor for Sirmon or whoever to try to top.

No doubt. Brown has been a mostly mediocre QB against mediocre competition and has had two devastating injuries to the same knee. Adding him to our mix would not make me feel significantly better about our QB room other than simply adding another body for the competition.

He’s more Prukop than Vernon Adams.
    You’re overselling the injury. It is not “devastating.”

With regards to defenses, they play ND and Clemson regularly. Those two defenses are better than any we face. You’re spinning the narrative.
    He’s thrown 3 passes against Clemson and Notre Dame combined since his freshman year.

You don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about.
    Yeah, he played both his frosh year. He played VaTech all three years. You’re the twat that is being selective. So, his experience as a frosh is null and void? Look, I don’t think the kid is great. He’s an insurance policy.

Moorehead’s offense runs the qb 10-15 a game. That does two things: 1) requires more than 3 scholarship qb and 2) stresses a defense more making the qb’s job a bit easier.

Yes, I have more faith in the Oregon staff to manage the qbs better.

Donavan bad Penn State coach
    Moorehead good Penn State coach
    5 is better than 3
    Senior transfer qb better than not having senior qb
    Backup looking good in practice and limited game time better than not.

LOL he's an insurance policy now?

I accept your surrender.

Good talk.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Who's throwing Franklin the ball at Oregon?
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

I for one wish UW had gotten one of the many grad transfer QBs this year to provide that floor for Sirmon or whoever to try to top.

No doubt. Brown has been a mostly mediocre QB against mediocre competition and has had two devastating injuries to the same knee. Adding him to our mix would not make me feel significantly better about our QB room other than simply adding another body for the competition.

With regards to defenses, they play ND and Clemson regularly. Those two defenses are better than any we face. You’re spinning the narrative.
    He’s thrown 3 passes against Clemson and Notre Dame combined since his freshman year.

Yeah, he played both his frosh year. He played VaTech all three years. You’re the twat that is being selective. So, his experience as a frosh is null and void? Look, I don’t think the kid is great. He’s an insurance policy.

Moorehead’s offense runs the qb 10-15 a game. That does two things: 1) requires more than 3 scholarship qb and 2) stresses a defense more making the qb’s job a bit easier.

5 is better than 3

I accept your surrender.

Good talk.
    You were the one to take it as quooking. Go back and read my posts. I never said anything more you twat.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

dnc said:

5 is better than 3

I accept your surrender.

Good talk.
    You were the one to take it as quooking. Go back and read my posts. I never said anything more you twat.
    Wrong.

This started with you claiming to be much more confident in Oregon's QB situation than UW's.I

I correctly called it quooking. Which is when you brought Brown into the conversation as your supreme example of why we should be much more confident in Oregon.

"Oregon has a senior grad qb that played a ton of football. It’s hard to argue otherwise."

Now he's an insurance policy.

You're a major Quook.

It's hard to argue otherwise.
    I feel much better about the qb situation at Oregon still.

Better qb coach
    There is a senior qb
    There are 5 on qbs on the roster
    Shough has looked good and staff is confident in him.

UW has botched their qb room
    OC with bad track record
    Three qbs on the roster with no experience.
    As much as everyone won’t admit this, Sirmon hasn’t gotten a vote of confidence.

That makes me a lot more confident. It hasn’t changed.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,903
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    To get back to the non-quook "our non-experienced qb is better than your non-experienced qb"talk, it sounds like 247 has done away with the meaningless "cloudy dong" and has instead added a "dong confidence meter" so now we're gonna see a bunch of low confidence dongs pop up to replace the cloudy dong that are also essentially meaningless
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

To get back to the non-quook "our non-experienced qb is better than your non-experienced qb"talk, it sounds like 247 has done away with the meaningless "cloudy dong" and has instead added a "dong confidence meter" so now we're gonna see a bunch of low confidence dongs pop up to replace the cloudy dong that are also essentially meaningless

Huffman put in a 5 for Prentice and 6 for Jabez. Those two are assumed to be locks for UW so if he updates his CB for JTT and Troy to within that range it's over.
  • Options
    DougDoug Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2020
    animate said:

animate said:

Oregon has had a top 3-4 in conference QB every single season for the past 20+ years through 4 head coaches. Seems unlikely to change suddenly, especially given the OC upgrade. and they have a number of highly rated players enrolled and committed, even if none of them are Huard level

Th odds that the Ducks are going to have at least a better than average QB are extremely high.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2020
    Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

Oregon has had a top 3-4 in conference QB every single season for the past 20+ years through 4 head coaches. Seems unlikely to change suddenly, especially given the OC upgrade. and they have a number of highly rated players enrolled and committed, even if none of them are Huard level

Th odds that the Ducks are going to have at least a better than average QB are extremely high.
    magine hitching your wagon to Justin Herbert.

He was just as bad, if not worse than Eason was last year
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

More TDs, fewer picks, better yards per pass, better completion percentage, more rushing value.

There’s just no way this is true.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,896
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

DIAFF and then leave.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2020

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

Don't get me wrong, Herbert frustrated me throughout his Oregon career, but...

Eason's one season at UW from a quarterback rating perspective was worse than Herbert's worst season at Oregon.

Last season, Herbert had more yards, more tds, higher rating, higher yards per attempt, and a higher completion percentage. He did play one more game. However, unless Eason had a line of 339 yards and 9 tds in that extra game, he wouldn't catch Herbert.
  • Options
    PandaOrangeChiknDuckPandaOrangeChiknDuck Member Posts: 545
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2020
    dnc said:

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

More TDs, fewer picks, better yards per pass, better completion percentage, more rushing value.

There’s just no way this is true.
    Did not see this, didn't mean to piggy back.

The rushing value finally paid off in the Rose Bowl. Why they didn't release this weapon sooner is beyond me.