Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Kill me now

Comments

• BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Doug said:

animate said:

Who's throwing Franklin the ball at Oregon?

animate said:

Oregon has had a top 3-4 in conference QB every single season for the past 20+ years through 4 head coaches. Seems unlikely to change suddenly, especially given the OC upgrade. and they have a number of highly rated players enrolled and committed, even if none of them are Huard level

Th odds that the Ducks are going to have at least a better than average QB are extremely high.
    magine hitching your wagon to Justin Herbert.

He was just as bad, if not worse than Eason was last year
    You really did get more stupider in your travels with Ballz.

Find some traffic and play it.
    Please actually go watch the tape on both of them.

They’re horrible. I don’t care about stat padding against sister of the poor schools for either of them.

Go watch them play against the best defenses they both played.

But you won’t and you’ll just call me a retard. News flash I don’t care. It just makes you look like a casual.
    I watched almost every game last year Mensa.

Is "a casual" a new retarded term you picked up down at Ballz' place?
    Dude 25% of Herbert’s passed were screen passes.

14 of his 32 TDs were against Nevada, Montana, and Arizona.

He constantly got his WRs killed with late throws into defenders.

Eason had issues but at least he could anticipate a throw.
    Yeah man... Herbert has noted mechanical + accuracy issues. He holds onto the ball forever and when his first read isn't there and he has to improvise it tends to me all over the place... he missed on some throws BAD against UW and all it seemed like he hit was stuff underneath from my recollection.

I'm not saying Eason is any better... but for a kid to start all 4 years and still have the struggles he does says at a lot about the QB coaching at Oregon. If Herbert is so good and Oregon QB coaching is so good... why didn't he leave after 2018 when he was a projected top-5 pick since his freshman year? Oh right he was bad... had a mediocre season as a junior... and he didn't improve on much as a senior... he was seen as a 2nd round pick before the combine where he impressed.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Herbert always had the tools but never has had the "head". He literally grew up in Eugene and wasn't offered until other options fell thru.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2020

This is a team that lost to Stanford and Colorado last year, lost their Pete, had most of their best players leave

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

Oregon has had a top 3-4 in conference QB every single season for the past 20+ years through 4 head coaches. Seems unlikely to change suddenly, especially given the OC upgrade. and they have a number of highly rated players enrolled and committed, even if none of them are Huard level

Th odds that the Ducks are going to have at least a better than average QB are extremely high.

They’re horrible. I don’t care about stat padding against sister of the poor schools for either of them.

But you won’t and you’ll just call me a retard. News flash I don’t care. It just makes you look like a casual.

I know these stats because you quote tweeted me with them.

Herbert wasn’t great. But the reason I believe that isn’t because a 15 year old dude is dooging.

Still, he was better than any QB in this conference. Even with that wild inconsistency and his under pressure stats Herbert delivered. Game winning drives and wins. Won a Rose Bowl for an offense that was dead. Didn’t fuck anything up too bad. Got drafted 6th overall. That’s a damn good career.
    Watch the tape. He sucks. He was the tallest midget of QBs in the conference. He’s going to struggle big time in the NFL if he can’t anticipate, get through his progressions quickly, and throw on time.

Cristobol and Arroyo protected him so much. Part of the reason the passing game was cheeks was because of Herbert. He got drafted for his physical skillset. Colorado game was a good example of that. But in pretty much every other game he was horrendous or mediocre.

Also cute graphics xoxoxo
  • lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

This is a team that lost to Stanford and Colorado last year, lost their Pete, had most of their best players leave

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

Herbert wasn’t great. But the reason I believe that isn’t because a 15 year old dude is dooging.

Still, he was better than any QB in this conference. Even with that wild inconsistency and his under pressure stats Herbert delivered. Game winning drives and wins. Won a Rose Bowl for an offense that was dead. Didn’t fuck anything up too bad. Got drafted 6th overall. That’s a damn good career.
    Watch the tape. He sucks. He was the tallest midget of QBs in the conference. He’s going to struggle big time in the NFL if he can’t anticipate, get through his progressions quickly, and throw on time.

Cristobol and Arroyo protected him so much. Part of the reason the passing game was cheeks was because of Herbert. He got drafted for his physical skillset. Colorado game was a good example of that. But in pretty much every other game he was horrendous or mediocre.

Herbert had a carousel at WR, no experienced talent at WR his entire time at Oregon save Dillon Mitchell for a season, and a shitty OC. He left a lot to be desired too. That being said, Eason bombed his way into the late rounds of the draft and Herbert was picked 6th overall. You can say it’s first round physical tools but Eason had those too.
    edited May 2020
    lawsandl said:

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

Herbert had a carousel at WR, no experienced talent at WR his entire time at Oregon save Dillon Mitchell for a season, and a shitty OC. He left a lot to be desired too. That being said, Eason bombed his way into the late rounds of the draft and Herbert was picked 6th overall. You can say it’s first round physical tools but Eason had those too.
    Herbert also had an offensive line full of All Americans... funny how you leave that one out.

All the time in the world to throw the football and still played like a head case.

You tell me what Eason was playing with... go on... tell me it was better than what Oregon was putting out there. Cause there's no fucking way.
  • DougDoug Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

Yeah man... Herbert has noted mechanical + accuracy issues. He holds onto the ball forever and when his first read isn't there and he has to improvise it tends to me all over the place... he missed on some throws BAD against UW and all it seemed like he hit was stuff underneath from my recollection.

I'm not saying Eason is any better... but for a kid to start all 4 years and still have the struggles he does says at a lot about the QB coaching at Oregon. If Herbert is so good and Oregon QB coaching is so good... why didn't he leave after 2018 when he was a projected top-5 pick since his freshman year? Oh right he was bad... had a mediocre season as a junior... and he didn't improve on much as a senior... he was seen as a 2nd round pick before the combine where he impressed.
    Herbert did have 3 QB coaches and 3 OCs in his 4 years, which can’t have helped

That said, he’s been overrated the past two years. I’ve never seen someone miss high/low on so many screen passes. He’s chronically late on most crossing and deep routes, throwing his receiver right into coverage. The next time be throws a ball away to avoid a certain sack will be the first time. But he’d make the incredible Throw just often enough. The coaches did quite a bit to Protect him when “bad Herbert” mode was on, calling lots of RPOs, screens, and other one read plays. His 3rd and long numbers were not good. He was abysmal under pressure.

Oregon has a new OC and QB coach along with new QBs, so not sure if much can be taken from the past at this point

lawsandl said:

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

Herbert also had an offensive line full of All Americans... funny how you leave that one out.

All the time in the world to throw the football and still played like a head case.

You tell me what Eason was playing with... go on... tell me it was better than what Oregon was putting out there. Cause there's no fucking way.
    Talk about revisionist history.

Fuller and Opera’s production dropped last year from the year prior. That’s with a ton of returning starts at OL.

The qb was part of the problem.
    edited May 2020
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

Talk about revisionist history.

Fuller and Opera’s production dropped last year from the year prior. That’s with a ton of returning starts at OL.

The qb was part of the problem.
    Oh good lord... Fuller and Baccelia suck ass. Did you even watch them last year? Baccelia got benched late and Fuller had like 15 drops. Give me a break.

Ok? Returning starters that yielded 2 UDFA's and a 4th round selection? Just because they're returning doesn't mean they're good... UW's OL was dogshit for Eason and it started with Adams completely falling off a cliff ability wise... don't even pretend that it's anywhere near what Oregon was throwing out their for Herbert. Wattenberg, Adams, Hilbers were average at best last year... sometimes flat terrible... never great.

Not to mention UW's slight ass UDFA running back Ahmed... oh and the NFL apparently thought so highly of our best offensive weapon that he went undrafted and signed with the fkn Lions.

Herbert had 2 running backs on the roster that averaged 6 YPC and an All American filled OL. If you're going to headcase behind that kind of production in the run game I don't know what to tell you.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    You guys are stupid.

Both suck

You guys are stupid.

Both suck

But we know the next year’s version suck harder.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

This is such a strange thread, whose at-one-time-big-dicked-but-ultimately-disappointing QB was better/worse. Where's @MikeDamone to ask if they play for UW?

Skinny I’d break you wood.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Emoterman said:

This is such a strange thread, whose at-one-time-big-dicked-but-ultimately-disappointing QB was better/worse. Where's @MikeDamone to ask if they play for UW?

Is that what TOF sees in you these days?
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Emoterman said:

Emoterman said:

Is that what TOF sees in you these days?
    I’m her meal ticket. She’s knows she can’t support herself or my kids. That’s what she sees in me. FML
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

lawsandl said:

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

It’s not funny that he left it out. It wasn’t relevant. Does everything have to be bad for two critical things to be bad?

It’s like you’re not familiar with the Oregon program during the period Herbert was there. At all.

Everything he said was true. No receivers and a several coaching staffs. That shit matters.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

lawsandl said:

Doug said:

animate said:

animate said:

It’s not funny that he left it out. It wasn’t relevant. Does everything have to be bad for two critical things to be bad?

It’s like you’re not familiar with the Oregon program during the period Herbert was there. At all.

Everything he said was true. No receivers and a several coaching staffs. That shit matters.
    So everything matters?
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Ballz kept on telling me, Ballz kept on telling me; I want you. I need you. But there ain't no way I'm ever gonna love you.

Now don't be sad (don't be sad, boy) cause 6 out of 12 aint bad.
  • 1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,280
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Mods?

Wood. So hard. Best AT&T ads of my lifetim.
    And fast!