Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Race Thread

Comments

• Options

No one is saying he deserved it here, NO ONE. Keep fabricating false words and issues though. You will step into the real world soon enough.

And why do you make getting an ID seem like it is equivalent to getting into graduate school at Harvard?

Ok, fine. But they are justifying the racial profiling. That is undeniable.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

TL,DR

STFU Already.

And I did read a little. Expecting people to show ID before voting is racist? WTF? I say telling a whole group of people they just aren't capable of getting a god damn picture ID is racist. Is showing an ID to buy alcohol in a black neighborhood racist? Or showing an ID to cash a check. Or fucking drive?

Most of your opinions are just that, opinions but into your head by professors who make a living off this shit. Neither of you have real world experience.

Yes, some people are racists. 98% of blacks voting for Obama seems racial based, don't you think? But to say a white society is keeping the black man down in order to feel vindicated is a lie. I've been working 40 years with professionals of all races. Never once have a saw anything that would remotely be considered racist. True capitalism is probably the least racist system you can conceive.

Individuals are the smallest minority. Think about it.

How come voter ID was never a problem until recently, when minorities started voting heavily for one party? How come voter ID laws are being pushed by Republicans? Voting is intrinsically different than buying alcohol or cashing a check, it's a fucking civil liberty that blacks had to fight hundreds of years for. And now it's ok to take measures that infringe on that? I can't believe you even wrote that.

Only a small minded person thinks someone is a product of what their professors tell them. Watching the news media shit all over itself trying to fan the racial flames this summer isn't something a professor told me. In fact, my favorite professor is Murray Dry who is a strict constitutionalist that doesn't believe in affirmative action, compiled the "anti-federalist" papers by Brutus, but he's one of the smartest people I've ever encountered. So don't paint me as a sheep spewing the liberal gospel. Most of my views on race were developed at a high school with 50% minorities and 40% of the students on financial aid. Real world experience isn't restricted to how you define it.

True capitalism is the least racist system only in a color blind society. We are not color blind. The constitution is not color blind. I find it hard to believe that you've never encountered anything racist over your career. You're either lying or willfully ignorant. Even the most successful African Americans have anecdotes of facing racism. You seem to be operating in a bubble.

If it's not color blind, it isn't true capitalism. I have never encountered any racial issues what so ever. I had black bosses, subordinates, clients, and peers. Never been an issue. I know that might be hard for you and your professor to believe. I think my experience is more the rule than the exception.

Voter ID has always been a problem, but it becomes a crisis when people start showing up by the bus load. Explain to me again how asking everyone to show an ID before they do vote is racist? Unless you are saying black people aren't capable of procuring IDs...then who is the racist?

I will paint you as a sheep spewing statist gospel (notice I didn't liberal) as long as you continue to do so. You should learn from Dry then and oppose the tryany of the state on the individual rather suggest an entire group of people isn't capable of improving their situation by taking advantage opportunists that are afforded them. Any other position is racist in nature and perpetuates the problem.

HTH
    Voter ID laws are racist because of who it targets. What population is less likely to be able to produce valid IDs? Minorities and the poor. Creating an extra hurdle to vote beyond being an American citizen is, well, un-American.

Again, we don't live in a color blind society. Individuals are confronted with racial discrimination daily. What's racist in nature is expecting people to be satisfied with the opportunity presented them, even if the equality of opportunity is varied for certain races.

Of course, no one believes in equality of outcome, but a true capitalist society enjoys equality of opportunity, no?
    So you're saying blacks aren't capable doing a very basic task task that everyone else seems to be able to pull off in order to prevent voter fraud? You need to look elsewhere for the racist. Seems to me having the same rules and rights for every individual, no mater what "group" they belong to is the first step to a color/gay/ gender blind society.
    The problem isn't that they can't get Voter ID. They can. Some still won't. The problem is adding an extra hurdle that knowingly oppresses the vote.

Agree on part two. Having equal rights in place is a necessary step. The bad thing is they are still being enforced unequally.
    If they can get an ID, then do it...if voting is important to someone, then follow the rules that everyone else follows rather than bitch about it. Are you saying only black people are required to have an ID and busloads of Asians are allowed to vote by simply promising they are who they say?
  • Options

TL,DR

STFU Already.

And I did read a little. Expecting people to show ID before voting is racist? WTF? I say telling a whole group of people they just aren't capable of getting a god damn picture ID is racist. Is showing an ID to buy alcohol in a black neighborhood racist? Or showing an ID to cash a check. Or fucking drive?

Most of your opinions are just that, opinions but into your head by professors who make a living off this shit. Neither of you have real world experience.

Yes, some people are racists. 98% of blacks voting for Obama seems racial based, don't you think? But to say a white society is keeping the black man down in order to feel vindicated is a lie. I've been working 40 years with professionals of all races. Never once have a saw anything that would remotely be considered racist. True capitalism is probably the least racist system you can conceive.

How come voter ID was never a problem until recently, when minorities started voting heavily for one party? How come voter ID laws are being pushed by Republicans? Voting is intrinsically different than buying alcohol or cashing a check, it's a fucking civil liberty that blacks had to fight hundreds of years for. And now it's ok to take measures that infringe on that? I can't believe you even wrote that.

Only a small minded person thinks someone is a product of what their professors tell them. Watching the news media shit all over itself trying to fan the racial flames this summer isn't something a professor told me. In fact, my favorite professor is Murray Dry who is a strict constitutionalist that doesn't believe in affirmative action, compiled the "anti-federalist" papers by Brutus, but he's one of the smartest people I've ever encountered. So don't paint me as a sheep spewing the liberal gospel. Most of my views on race were developed at a high school with 50% minorities and 40% of the students on financial aid. Real world experience isn't restricted to how you define it.

True capitalism is the least racist system only in a color blind society. We are not color blind. The constitution is not color blind. I find it hard to believe that you've never encountered anything racist over your career. You're either lying or willfully ignorant. Even the most successful African Americans have anecdotes of facing racism. You seem to be operating in a bubble.

If it's not color blind, it isn't true capitalism. I have never encountered any racial issues what so ever. I had black bosses, subordinates, clients, and peers. Never been an issue. I know that might be hard for you and your professor to believe. I think my experience is more the rule than the exception.

Voter ID has always been a problem, but it becomes a crisis when people start showing up by the bus load. Explain to me again how asking everyone to show an ID before they do vote is racist? Unless you are saying black people aren't capable of procuring IDs...then who is the racist?

I will paint you as a sheep spewing statist gospel (notice I didn't liberal) as long as you continue to do so. You should learn from Dry then and oppose the tryany of the state on the individual rather suggest an entire group of people isn't capable of improving their situation by taking advantage opportunists that are afforded them. Any other position is racist in nature and perpetuates the problem.

HTH
    Voter ID laws are racist because of who it targets. What population is less likely to be able to produce valid IDs? Minorities and the poor. Creating an extra hurdle to vote beyond being an American citizen is, well, un-American.

Again, we don't live in a color blind society. Individuals are confronted with racial discrimination daily. What's racist in nature is expecting people to be satisfied with the opportunity presented them, even if the equality of opportunity is varied for certain races.

Of course, no one believes in equality of outcome, but a true capitalist society enjoys equality of opportunity, no?
    So you're saying blacks aren't capable doing a very basic task task that everyone else seems to be able to pull off in order to prevent voter fraud? You need to look elsewhere for the racist. Seems to me having the same rules and rights for every individual, no mater what "group" they belong to is the first step to a color/gay/ gender blind society.
    The problem isn't that they can't get Voter ID. They can. Some still won't. The problem is adding an extra hurdle that knowingly oppresses the vote.

Agree on part two. Having equal rights in place is a necessary step. The bad thing is they are still being enforced unequally.
    If they can get an ID, then do it...if voting is important to someone, then follow the rules that everyone else follows rather than bitch about it. Are you saying only black people are required to have an ID and busloads of Asians are allowed to vote by simply promising they are who they say?
    You hit the problem on the head: the rules. By changing the requirements to vote beyond being an American citizen, the rules are unfair. It is proven that black people are less likely to hold a formal ID than whites. Requiring everyone to have an ID knowingly oppresses the black vote. It's not racist to make that observation.

Are the rules that state that any American citizen over 18 is an eligible voter unfair? Is that not MORE equal than requiring an ID?

Tell me why they should have to take another step to be able to vote? And election fraud is a bullshit reason.

The whole voter ID movement is calculated. It's the new gerrymandering.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Testing 1
    edited December 2013

No one is saying he deserved it here, NO ONE. Keep fabricating false words and issues though. You will step into the real world soon enough.

And why do you make getting an ID seem like it is equivalent to getting into graduate school at Harvard?

Ok, fine. But they are justifying the racial profiling. That is undeniable.
    If you are talking about the video all they are doing is providing a shitload of evidence that was completely "missed" by most of the media outlets. Zimmerman shouldn't have followed Trayvon from the get go because he saw a black teenage wearing a hoodie yes. That takes away from the other side of the story though? Where Trayvon was also blatantly racist, attacked Zimmerman first, and said stuff like "You are going to die tonight" while being completely high on lean?

So just like how some people like to point the finger at people who racially profile someone like Trayvon and apply it to the majority of the black teenage population, it is ok for them to take Zimmermand and and do the exact same thing with certain segments of white people?

Racism exists and it always will (it also works both ways btw) and we should try to minimize as much as possible. However, stating something like getting an ID to vote being an example of trying to supress the black population from voting is beyond reaching. Everyone should have some form of ID on them no matter what. It isn't hard to go out and do it either, it isn't this overly complicated
    task with extensive hurdles someone has to go through to get.
    By changing the requirements to vote beyond being an American citizen, the rules are unfair. It is proven that black people are less likely to hold a formal ID than whites. Requiring everyone to have an ID knowingly oppresses the black vote. It's not racist to make that observation.
    Why can't they go out and get an ID you haven't answered that question? You need a valid ID to do a lot more than just vote, in fact you can't do very much at all without one.

If you are SERIOUS about voting the very least you could do is go get yourself some identification.

But the problem is white people continued to justify profiling instead of condemning Zimmerman for his actions. Again, not all white people, but a significant portion of the media and even people here. All the "common sense" articles that popped up were overtly racist garbage and unfortunately reflective of a popular attitude towards the situation.

On the voter ID laws, I've said all there is to say. I don't think getting ID is a necessary step to vote when not having it as a requirement has been working for centuries. It's trying to find a solution to problem that doesn't exist for cynical reasons.

This Atlantic article spells it out pretty well:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2012/03/how-voter-id-laws-are-being-used-to-disenfranchise-minorities-and-the-poor/254572/
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TL,DR

STFU Already.

HTH

You hit the problem on the head: the rules. By changing the requirements to vote beyond being an American citizen, the rules are unfair. It is proven that black people are less likely to hold a formal ID than whites. Requiring everyone to have an ID knowingly oppresses the black vote. It's not racist to make that observation.

Are the rules that state that any American citizen over 18 is an eligible voter unfair? Is that not MORE equal than requiring an ID?

Tell me why they should have to take another step to be able to vote? And election fraud is a bullshit reason.

For fuck sake. Why even have a registration process? Let's just have a god damn free for all on Election Day. Why do you feel you shouldn't have to prove who you say you are in order to vote. You seem to think pretty lowly of black individuals who you suggest don't have their shit together enough to get an ID like every other individual of every other racial group.
  • Options

TL,DR

STFU Already.

HTH

For fuck sake. Why even have a registration process? Let's just have a god damn free for all on Election Day. Why do you feel you shouldn't have to prove who you say you are in order to vote. You seem to think pretty lowly of black individuals who you suggest don't have their shit together enough to get an ID like every other individual of every other racial group.
    The registration process works just fine. It's not endorsing a free for all to not want IDs as a requirement. The current process isn't a fucking free for all.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    I always thought the voter ID thing was for illegal aliens, not blacks.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

I always thought the voter ID thing was for illegal aliens, not blacks.

It's both. Mostly Hispanics in southern states. But it's still racist.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

TL,DR

STFU Already.

HTH

The registration process works just fine. It's not endorsing a free for all to not want IDs as a requirement. The current process isn't a fucking free for all.
    So a person registers, proves they are a citizen in the process, but when it comes time to actually vote we don't need to check who they are? But this hurts the blacks? Who's the racist? Look in the mirror.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,609
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

TL,DR

STFU Already.

HTH

Fucking THIS. I'd add to this TL,DR of a thread, but this is really all that needs to be said.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I actually put some thought into yesterday's replies but today it seems like the essence of collegdoog's complaints about AmeriKKKa are

An obscure case in Florida that didn't have enough evidence to prosecute but was brought to national attention by a race baiting President who needed to distract from his failures which somehow became the fault of the "white media" for fanning the flames. When the white perp was found to be Hispanic he became a White Hispanic, a term used liked never. Obama has never asked for a national conversation about Black on Black violence, by far the most dangerous violence a young Black man faces daily.

Asking people to provide ID to vote is a racist plot for a non existent problem of voter fraud perpetrated by racist Republicans in order to deny Blacks the vote a problem that is, uh, not proven at all. We're still wondering how these crafty legislators know that Blacks are incapable of getting an ID that you need for almost every aspect of life today, and are available free of charge because any liberal will tell you that when we talk about poor folks its Black who are the only poor people around

George Zimmerman, known white Hispanic racially profiled the thug in his neighborhood because young Black men don't make up a disproportionate number of street criminals but if they did its because of institutional racism, voter ID, profiling, and George Zimmerman and the white media reporting on the President fanning racial flames.

To expect individual responsibility in the face of these daunting road blocks is racist and reveals one to be what one isn't unless they are.

I guess at this point the case is closed and we al learned a valuable lesson these past couple of days. Drop out of high school, get pregnant, go on welfare and don't try because Whitey has it rigged and vote for democrats because for the last 60 years they have been on your side and things are worse than ever thanks to republicans.

But I voted for Romney

Nuff said!
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    An obscure case in Florida or a microcosm of a greater problem? The media was on to it long before Obama commented on it. There were marches before before he said anything.

Voter ID laws are unnecessary. Voting is a civil liberty, ID requirements diminish that. If someone wants to vote the requirement should be citizenship, nothing beyond that. You're lying to yourself if you truly don't see the intention of these laws.

Nice justification of racial profiling.

Another dishonest post about race in America, and a dishonest representation of my arguments in this thread.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I actually put some thought into yesterday's replies but today it seems like the essence of collegdoog's complaints about AmeriKKKa are

An obscure case in Florida that didn't have enough evidence to prosecute but was brought to national attention by a race baiting President who needed to distract from his failures which somehow became the fault of the "white media" for fanning the flames. When the white perp was found to be Hispanic he became a White Hispanic, a term used liked never. Obama has never asked for a national conversation about Black on Black violence, by far the most dangerous violence a young Black man faces daily.

Asking people to provide ID to vote is a racist plot for a non existent problem of voter fraud perpetrated by racist Republicans in order to deny Blacks the vote a problem that is, uh, not proven at all. We're still wondering how these crafty legislators know that Blacks are incapable of getting an ID that you need for almost every aspect of life today, and are available free of charge because any liberal will tell you that when we talk about poor folks its Black who are the only poor people around

George Zimmerman, known white Hispanic racially profiled the thug in his neighborhood because young Black men don't make up a disproportionate number of street criminals but if they did its because of institutional racism, voter ID, profiling, and George Zimmerman and the white media reporting on the President fanning racial flames.

To expect individual responsibility in the face of these daunting road blocks is racist and reveals one to be what one isn't unless they are.

I guess at this point the case is closed and we al learned a valuable lesson these past couple of days. Drop out of high school, get pregnant, go on welfare and don't try because Whitey has it rigged and vote for democrats because for the last 60 years they have been on your side and things are worse than ever thanks to republicans.

But I voted for Romney

Nuff said!

Yeah, but still.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2013
    I would argue that economicism is to blame not racism. People that have money get more, than people that don't. Then, their children go to nice schools and then get nice jobs. Then their children, and so on. Financially strong minorities get the same as financially strong whites. And yes, financially weak minorities are discriminated the same as financially weak whites.

But I do not agree with income sharing. Fuck that. 99% of rich people at one time earned it, or had a past family member earn it. Maybe if a low life would go out and earn something for a change, maybe the world would be a better place.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I would argue that economicism is to blame not racism. People that have money get more, than people that don't. Then, their children go to nice schools and then get nice jobs. Then their children, and so on. Financially strong minorities get the same as financially strong whites. And yes, financially weak minorities are discriminated the same as financially weak whites.

But I do not agree with income sharing. Fuck that. 99% of rich people at one time earned it, or had a past family member earn it. Maybe if a low life would go out and earn something for a change, maybe the world would be a better place.

Economicism? Gas.matches.fire.die