Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steven Ortiz Jr, 2021 4* DB, Goodyear (Desert Edge), AZ (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    montlakemambamontlakemamba Member Posts: 19
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Name Dropper

Here I was clicking on this thread because I thought Steven Ortiz flipped his commit.

he's sticking with minnesota lol he has no commitable offers anywhere else
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Since no one gives a fuck about Steven Ortiz anymore this seems like the place to poast this: A while back I posted the Palo Alto article about Ayden Hector to Reddit. Someone posted a wall of text reply. Brand new account, and their first comment. I tried to screenshot it but it was removed in minutes. I could have come from an EC parent, and was your typical "you don't know the circumstances stop trying to ruin young mens lives" schtick written with poor grammar and what I interpreted to be a vague threat.

Since then, the Palo Alto Daily Post article has been removed from their website. It would appear that some people are really trying to bury this story.

They are doing everything they can to bury it. We are working with college football quotes on twitter as he is a big account that can get the story out.
    Good job, bring in the big guns. Always good to align yourself with such a reputable heavy hitter.

None of this is legal advice and shouldn't be interpreted as such: Probably don't do that.

If someone is that passionate about a case they can request the record of the police investigation and DA correspondence. Names in it will be redacted if you do get it. Someone is suing to have them blocked on what an educated guess would say is an interpretation of this: https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=42.56&full=true#42.56.240 it could be worth fighting to have it released or take it to the public records ombudsman, that's what the Seattle Times is doing. But I'll go out on a limb and guess you don't have the legal staff for that. Feel free to google: 20-2-04243-9 SEA
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Since no one gives a fuck about Steven Ortiz anymore this seems like the place to poast this: A while back I posted the Palo Alto article about Ayden Hector to Reddit. Someone posted a wall of text reply. Brand new account, and their first comment. I tried to screenshot it but it was removed in minutes. I could have come from an EC parent, and was your typical "you don't know the circumstances stop trying to ruin young mens lives" schtick written with poor grammar and what I interpreted to be a vague threat.

Since then, the Palo Alto Daily Post article has been removed from their website. It would appear that some people are really trying to bury this story.

They are doing everything they can to bury it. We are working with college football quotes on twitter as he is a big account that can get the story out.
    Good job, bring in the big guns. Always good to align yourself with such a reputable heavy hitter.

None of this is legal advice and shouldn't be interpreted as such: Probably don't do that.

If someone is that passionate about a case they can request the record of the police investigation and DA correspondence. Names in it will be redacted if you do get it. Someone is suing to have them blocked on what an educated guess would say is an interpretation of this: https://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=42.56&full=true#42.56.240 it could be worth fighting to have it released or take it to the public records ombudsman, that's what the Seattle Times is doing. But I'll go out on a limb and guess you don't have the legal staff for that. Feel free to google: 20-2-04243-9 SEA
    Just to be clear, this is a dick joke, right?
    New bored motto?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Not gonna click that link. I know it's lemon party
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Stanford and/Stanford supporters trying to "bury" the story?

No! Say it ain't so!

It's not like they've been through this before ... Oh wait ...
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

It's going to be hard to bury the story when every kid in Seattle knows about it.

That being said, money talks, so it's entirely possible nothing ever comes of this.

What will not change, though, is what happened.
  • Options

..... here we go
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options

MontlakeMamba is CFBquotes, if it wasn’t fucking obvious. And it was me who asked for a FOIA request: two minutes work. Asked Stanford’s compliance office if they were aware of the situation before I published it. Up to two (maybe three, I don’t have all the names) other schools now. I’ll get in touch with them tomorrow.

Nope. Just a local hs student with friends on the ec team
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

MontlakeMamba is CFBquotes, if it wasn’t fucking obvious. And it was me who asked for a FOIA request: two minutes work. Asked Stanford’s compliance office if they were aware of the situation before I published it. Up to two (maybe three, I don’t have all the names) other schools now. I’ll get in touch with them tomorrow.

Nope. Just a local hs student with hands on the ec team cocks
    This is an adult website, sir! Uncle Stalin, where is the thing that asks you your age?
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

What concerns me the most is I talked to a UW position coach over the weekend who told me that he thought Ortiz and Phillip would commit to them soon. So obviously they have no feel for how things are going but boy are they going to find out quickly.

So.....now that it's been reported by quite a few out there that Ortiz did not have a commitable offer/ was being told to wait by UW (and several other schools), what's your take?