Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steven Ortiz Jr, 2021 4* DB, Goodyear (Desert Edge), AZ (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

UW is not losing a recruiting battle to Minnesota. PoopDuck said it a while back, Ortiz was desperate to go to Washington or Oregon and they both turned him down. Both programs think there are better DBs they can get.

This is a possibility. He may have waited too long and lost his spot. I looked more closely at his recruiting profile. He has 23 offers. There's the UW and Oregon offers and a random Penn State offer, which doesnt seem to be commitable. That's it for what I would call top shelf offers. The rest are shit P5 offers (Kansas, Zona, Miss State, etc) or non-P5 offers (Louisiana, William & Mary). Clesrly Oregon is not perusing him that heavily. It's possible, UW told him "hey, hold off, come visit during the season and let's go from there". He was like, "fuck that. I'll show you. I'm commiting to...uh....Minnesota". I'll hold on to and entertain this thought to avoid putting a gun in my mouth.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    100% accurate, every time.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,901
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020
    I don’t know who they think is so much better than this kid that they realistically have a chance with but I believe the slow play theory.

Davies has zero interest in us, kid WE JUST offered from texass isn’t coming here.

IIRC Burke will likely play corner.

So we’ll get Phillip... and some low 3 out of Cali who I s 6’2’’

What’s their obsession with longer db’s?

Ohfuckingk. Lake got me jacked about his team.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Look, Minnesota has a leg up on us at the moment. Sonics is right. UW needs the season to start on time and they need to beat Michigan. Fleck can sell a few things over UW right now.
    1. UW has a New coach. Fleck is invested in Minnesota. (he'll sell it, doesn't mean it's true. Don't twist)
    2. They beat Penn st the last year. (UW lost last time)
    3. They beat Auburn last year. (UW lost last time)
    4. They are on the rise. UW on decline.
    5. Facilities. Minnesota is sinking that BIG money into the program and it's all personally being designed by Fleck.
    6. Big Ten West. Beat Wisconsin and play in the BIG title game every year. (UW can't beat Cal)

If I'm 17 that is a step by step damning pitch for UW. Lake needs to win this year and win a lot or the wheels may come off.

No kid from Arizona is going to Minnesota

All the screeners I needed
    Nothing about this makes sense, there is some other story here
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited April 2020

Look, Minnesota has a leg up on us at the moment. Sonics is right. UW needs the season to start on time and they need to beat Michigan. Fleck can sell a few things over UW right now.
    1. UW has a New coach. Fleck is invested in Minnesota. (he'll sell it, doesn't mean it's true. Don't twist)
    5. Facilities. Minnesota is sinking that BIG money into the program and it's all personally being designed by Fleck.
    6. Big Ten West. Beat Wisconsin and play in the BIG title game every year. (UW can't beat Cal)

If I'm 17 that is a step by step damning pitch for UW. Lake needs to win this year and win a lot or the wheels may come off.

I'm starting to come around to the "UW backed off/ told him to wait" theory.

I saw someone on another bored who claims ho know him say that no matter who he commits to early, he'll likely end up at ASU in the end.
  • Options
    MakaDawg said:

Videotaped high school gangbang?
    I know your being sarcastic but hes not an ESC kid
  • Options

reading that interview and his generic responses with the knowledge that he has never actually visited Minnesota, I come away with one thought: theres no way he signs with Minnesota
    lol
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited April 2020

UW is not losing a recruiting battle to Minnesota. PoopDuck said it a while back, Ortiz was desperate to go to Washington or Oregon and they both turned him down. Both programs think there are better DBs they can get.

This is the only thing that makes sense in this saga. I'm going to choose to believe it.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I've concluded WDWHA
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He’s not sticking with Minnesota. Might not come to UW, but he will never play for Minnesota.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    So we are offering more players ...

By default we are going to not sign more of the players we offer ...

Freaking out every time somebody goes elsewhere gets old quickly

It always comes back to let’s see what kind of class we sign in the end
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    in case you wondered, this fuckstick is still working his anti-Washington passive aggressive shtick.

• Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,101
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Meek said:

in case you wondered, this fuckstick is still working his anti-Washington passive aggressive shtick.

Somebody just leak the tape already.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Hasn’t Gee said/claimed he has no axe to grind?