Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steven Ortiz Jr, 2021 4* DB, Goodyear (Desert Edge), AZ (Offered)

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,307
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

MontlakeMamba is CFBquotes, if it wasn’t fucking obvious. And it was me who asked for a FOIA request: two minutes work. Asked Stanford’s compliance office if they were aware of the situation before I published it. Up to two (maybe three, I don’t have all the names) other schools now. I’ll get in touch with them tomorrow.

Maybe I'm an idiot and still don't get it, but how are you related to this? The only FOIA requests I've read about to this point came from KING5 and ST. Do you work for one of them? Or do you work for Stanford Daily Sports? In short, how are you involved?
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,895
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

MontlakeMamba is CFBquotes, if it wasn’t fucking obvious. And it was me who asked for a FOIA request: two minutes work. Asked Stanford’s compliance office if they were aware of the situation before I published it. Up to two (maybe three, I don’t have all the names) other schools now. I’ll get in touch with them tomorrow.

Nope. Just a local hs student with hands on the ec team cocks
    This is an adult website, sir! Uncle Stalin, where is the thing that asks you your age?
    Stick around a little @montlakemamba and you’ll end up like BTP.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,895
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Maybe I'm an idiot and still don't get it, but how are you related to this? The only FOIA requests I've read about to this point came from KING5 and ST. Do you work for one of them? Or do you work for Stanford Daily Sports? In short, how are you involved?
    I'm not involved at all with those. I don't have the report yet. I just put in a request for the police investigation and DA correspondence. When I get it I'll most likely post a PDF because the public deserves to know. Unfortunately, I don't have a big account to get the story out.

If for some reason I'm initially denied I'll appeal and eventually get it because others have and you can't deny an FOIA for some when you have already granted it for others. I'm entitled to it under the RCW, it didn't all of a sudden become exempt after KING5 got it and did nothing with it. For the time being I won't be contacting anyone, not my business, I'll just wait for the report for now - and I'm sure they'll drag it out.

I wouldn't have given this any effort, but there might be a cover up and the public deserves to know how the sheriff's office and DA handled this. Hopefully some journalist who can do this justice actually does something. But ST is basically alleging that the King County DA is colluding with private parties to keep this hidden.
    His name is Mike. He’s a quality journalist but unfortunately he works for a shitty company who probably wouldn’t allow him to cover the story.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

I'm not involved at all with those. I don't have the report yet. I just put in a request for the police investigation and DA correspondence. When I get it I'll most likely post a PDF because the public deserves to know. Unfortunately, I don't have a big account to get the story out.

If for some reason I'm initially denied I'll appeal and eventually get it because others have and you can't deny an FOIA for some when you have already granted it for others. I'm entitled to it under the RCW, it didn't all of a sudden become exempt after KING5 got it and did nothing with it. For the time being I won't be contacting anyone, not my business, I'll just wait for the report for now - and I'm sure they'll drag it out.

I wouldn't have given this any effort, but there might be a cover up and the public deserves to know how the sheriff's office and DA handled this. Hopefully some journalist who can do this justice actually does something. But ST is basically alleging that the King County DA is colluding with private parties to keep this hidden.
    His name is Mike. He’s a quality journalist but unfortunately he works for a shitty company who probably wouldn’t allow him to cover the story.
    Is this not the exact type of story Jude was supposed to be all over? Call of duty is hard.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,307
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020
    @Doog_de_Jour, would you roll over, elbow Mike Vorel, and ask him to get on this?
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    edited April 2020

It has come to light that, apparently, they (KING5) held off on the victim’s request. A very reasonable thing to do. It’s my biggest concern about releasing the police investigation once I get it. If it’s too damaging to the victim I wouldn’t. The U of O basketball team report was really bad for the victim, although the players didn’t look any better.

My biggest issue is how this was investigated. The DAs office is loath to prosecute the sexual assault part of it- very low conviction rate on these types of things. Sad, but true. It becomes he said she said, gray areas of consent. What I’d like to know is if they did any cyber digging on the CP angle of it. Even with Snapchat recovering videos sent is not hard. I’m not a tech guy, but Snapchat backs up memories, and a tech forensic guy from the FBI could have done it - of that I have little doubt.

My goal is to make sure the alleged crime was investigated properly. If it wasn’t there should be major changes to how this is handled in the future, because I hate to see people skate free on heinous crimes.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,810
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2020
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

It has come to light that, apparently, they (KING5) held off on the victim’s request. A very reasonable thing to do. It’s my biggest concern about releasing the police investigation once I get it. If it’s too damaging to the victim I wouldn’t. The U of O basketball team report was really bad for the victim, although the players didn’t look any better.

My biggest issue is how this was investigated. The DAs office is loath to prosecute the sexual assault part of it- very low conviction rate on these types of things. Sad, but true. It becomes he said she said, gray areas of consent. What I’d like to know is if they did any cyber digging on the CP angle of it. Even with Snapchat recovering videos sent is not hard. I’m not a tech guy, but Snapchat backs up memories, and a tech forensic guy from the FBI could have done it - of that I have little doubt.

My goal is to make sure the alleged crime was investigated properly. If it wasn’t there should be major changes to how this is handled in the future, because I hate to see people skate free on heinous crimes.
    Hit up your boy Ken Klippenstein:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein?s=09
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    Emoterman said:

Hit up your boy Ken Klippenstein:

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein?s=09
    His header is Ronald Dregan, so I’m sold.