Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Steven Ortiz Jr, 2021 4* DB, Goodyear (Desert Edge), AZ (Offered)

Comments

• Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

What concerns me the most is I talked to a UW position coach over the weekend who told me that he thought Ortiz and Phillip would commit to them soon. So obviously they have no feel for how things are going but boy are they going to find out quick.i

Gregory or Bhonapha?
    Have you ever talked to Bob? It’s brutal.
  • Options

What concerns me the most is I talked to a UW position coach over the weekend who told me that he thought Ortiz and Phillip would commit to them soon. So obviously they have no feel for how things are going but boy are they going to find out quick.i

They were talking package deal weren't they?

Yup
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Gregory or Bhonapha?
    No but I thought Jonathan Smith was really awkward.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,617
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You fucking guys are acting like he's already gone to Minnesota. Can't you wait for the announcement before crying in your beers?
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter
    did we loose yet?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

nobody is going to fucking minnesota

This. C’mon. It’s Minnesota. He from Arizona. He will get talked out of it.
  • Options
    Beno4LifeBeno4Life Member Posts: 533
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited April 2020

OreDawg said:

Boy does recruiting suck right now.

How in over his head is Jimmy?
    He’s learning some tough lessons but this isn’t the class to be learning those lessons. I’m not panicked yet but we need a football season and we need a Michigan win because we have no recruiting buzz right now.
    Can you expound on this? Everything we’ve bitched about on here and you’ve confirmed, Bob and Boner notwithstanding, has been addressed with Lake and co.

You mention the other day we need to win (big games), develop NFL draft picks, and get some energy back in the program. We’ve done two out of three. Whoregon just came off a ho-hum 2018 campaign, does well in 2019, doesn’t come close to UW in draft picks the last five years, and Jimmy and UW don’t know how to recruit?

I guess the late/February signing period for the 2020 class was kinda worrisome, but I chalk that up to the coaching change and new coaches.

But now? C’mon. Jimmy gets it. He got BMurph, Julius Irvin, Kyler, Molden, Asa and now he doesn’t know what’s going on out there or how to close?
  • Options
    edited April 2020
    Beno4Life said:

OreDawg said:

Boy does recruiting suck right now.

How in over his head is Jimmy?
    He’s learning some tough lessons but this isn’t the class to be learning those lessons. I’m not panicked yet but we need a football season and we need a Michigan win because we have no recruiting buzz right now.
    Can you expound on this? Everything we’ve bitched about on here and you’ve confirmed, Bob and Boner notwithstanding, has been addressed with Lake and co.

You mention the other day we need to win (big games), develop NFL draft picks, and get some energy back in the program. We’ve done two out of three. Whoregon just came off a ho-hum 2018 campaign, does well in 2019, doesn’t come close to UW in draft picks the last five years, and Jimmy and UW don’t know how to recruit?

I guess the late/February signing period for the 2020 class was kinda worrisome, but I chalk that up to the coaching change and new coaches.

But now? C’mon. Jimmy gets it. He got BMurph, Julius Irvin, Kyler, Molden, Asa and now he doesn’t know what’s going on out there or how to close?
    There is a difference between doing the leg work and closing. Jimmy was doing most of the work but make no mistake Pete was closing. Now Jimmy is in the position to close and needless to say its not going well. I will hold off on giving my thoughts on how the program is being run until the season is over and the 2021 has signed. Then I can evaluate the results but I have noticed some changes that Jimmy has made that I haven't agreed with.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2020

Gregory or Bhonapha?
    Worse. Your too kind. Casket salesmen have better game.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Look, Minnesota has a leg up on us at the moment. Sonics is right. UW needs the season to start on time and they need to beat Michigan. Fleck can sell a few things over UW right now.
    1. UW has a New coach. Fleck is invested in Minnesota. (he'll sell it, doesn't mean it's true. Don't twist)
    2. They beat Penn st the last year. (UW lost last time)
    3. They beat Auburn last year. (UW lost last time)
    4. They are on the rise. UW on decline.
    5. Facilities. Minnesota is sinking that BIG money into the program and it's all personally being designed by Fleck.
    6. Big Ten West. Beat Wisconsin and play in the BIG title game every year. (UW can't beat Cal)

If I'm 17 that is a step by step damning pitch for UW. Lake needs to win this year and win a lot or the wheels may come off.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Look, Minnesota has a leg up on us at the moment. Sonics is right. UW needs the season to start on time and they need to beat Michigan. Fleck can sell a few things over UW right now.
    1. UW has a New coach. Fleck is invested in Minnesota. (he'll sell it, doesn't mean it's true. Don't twist)
    2. They beat Penn st the last year. (UW lost last time)
    3. They beat Auburn last year. (UW lost last time)
    4. They are on the rise. UW on decline.
    5. Facilities. Minnesota is sinking that BIG money into the program and it's all personally being designed by Fleck.
    6. Big Ten West. Beat Wisconsin and play in the BIG title game every year. (UW can't beat Cal)

If I'm 17 that is a step by step damning pitch for UW. Lake needs to win this year and win a lot or the wheels may come off.

No kid from Arizona is going to Minnesota
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    So you're telling me Lars didn't have the scoop after all?
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    UW is not losing a recruiting battle to Minnesota. PoopDuck said it a while back, Ortiz was desperate to go to Washington or Oregon and they both turned him down. Both programs think there are better DBs they can get.