Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Remember the trade war

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Good news for the short term markets but it's a stalling tactic by the CCP I have no doubt, just like everything they've ever agreed to in regards to the WTO etc. At least it seems like Trump understands enforcement is necessary or they'll just continue to lie.

I'm sure they are hoping Trump is gone in 2020 and Biden can give them the green light.

Also this, "Beijing also rejected a call to include a pledge not to hack US companies, arguing such a promise was not part of a trade deal." which effectively means that they'll continue tech transfer as a large portion of their GDP.

Best case scenario, this floats the economy past the world headwinds of 2020, helps Trump get re-elected, and he can double down on decoupling in the second term.

It really comes down to the fact that the economy and political system the CCP has built can't stand an actual free market.

Sounds like the war is still on.
    What does part one of three mean to you?

You can ask a friend if you need to
    One of us declared victory. Now you’re saying two thirds of the war remains.

I guess I was right again. #TiredOfAllTheWinning
    I gotta say here man, you are coming off like the guy who is going to see it his way no matter what is put under his nose. I hate that in people. It reminds me of arguing with Sledog on the Trayvon matter - obstinance for the sake of obstinance. Buckling down on China was always a good move, no matter who makes it.

I'm not a protectionist by any means or measure, but China has never been free trade. I have no issue with their economy growing even it means manufacturing jobs moving from here to there, as long as it's market driven. That's organic growth, that's real and they deserve it if they can get it.

But fuck ... even in the commodity business you have to go through a gauntlet of pick pockets at the port dock in China before you get anywhere near your markets, and even then you are faced with more obstacles. That we sell anything there at all is a minor miracle.

Free market theory works when everybody is playing free market. Not sometimes and when they feel like it. China bad.
    No offense but you weren't exactly the model of objectivity when it came to the Trayvon matter.
    Offense taken. I was a model of objectivity, and then some.

I didn't know Travyon, I don't care about Trayvon and I believe firmly in the right to defend yourself and your property, with lethal force if necessary. But I'm a firm believer in the right of any citizen to take a walk at night without being harassed by a police academy reject carrying a gun ... a guy who has proven beyond any doubt that he is a giant piece of shit to be afforded zero credibility. Acting like a thug on the internet and getting into a few scrapes in high school doesn't constitute forfeiture of those rights.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone wouldn't be a little troubled by what happened there. I still can't really figure out your angle on it, but Sleddy was just being a stubborn mule ... a guy who had no moves to make but just kept making them to make them. Hence, my reference to him in that chat as a comparison to the one you call El Monte ... at least I think that's him.

Model of objectivity

If only there had been a trial where all of the facts of the case could have been presented.

I rest my case.
    Not a very good argument, but it's good to know you have such strong and abiding faith in our system of justice, such as it is. Casey What's Her Face killed her kid, everybody in the clear thinking world knows it, even her parents, and yet she walks around today free as a bird. Trials get fucked up every day. I can live with that. It's reality.

Accepting a trial outcome like an adult, and being ok with Zimmerman's role in what happened, are two very different things. At least they are where I'm concerned. YMMV. Zimmerman FS started a fight with a kid he couldn't finish and shot him. All that kid was doing that night was walking from point A to B. I'm no fan of gun control, but Zimmerman's fat pockmarked face is the poster for it.
    Good thing that wasn't my argument. But please continue with your strawman ass fuck.
    Your feelings seem to be rising to the surface here. I'll restate, because that's what objective people do:

... but it's good to know you have such strong and abiding faith in the fact gathering facility of our adversarial system of justice. As it is, the facts so gathered objectively support my objectively-based opinion that Fat George, armed with a gun and no legal authority to make an arrest, followed a kid at night and eventually gave chase. Those actions shockingly led to a fist fight against a 155 lb. teenager he couldn't handle.

am I still pumping your strawman?
    My feelings? All you've done is fucking emote and state your "feelings" Kunt. You have zero evidence that Zimmerman started any fight. You have your worthless opinion and nothing more.

As I was saying, you claiming to be "objective" on this topic is a fucking joke. Now please return to the strawman's asshole you were fucking.
    No emotions whatsoever. None. I'm cold as a cucumber here Bob. As I type this, with steady and controlled key strokes, I'm neither smiling nor frowning. No affect. At all. But one of us does seem to be getting upset, and it's not me.

If I ever find myself chasing your baseball superstar with a gun, at night and for no reason, you'll first want to sort out who technically started the fight if, God forbid, something 'goes wrong'.

Good to know.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

MisterEm said:

SFGbob said:

MisterEm said:

I see Bob has held on tight to the Zimmerman lovefest... JFC

I've held onto tight to the facts that were presented at the trial while some of you have been left with your faulty and worthless opinions.

Should say the same to you. There was a trial, facts and evidence were presented. And yet you Kunts still hold tight to your worthless opinions.
    Why are my opinions worthless? Such a @dnc - level thing to say. I'm telling someone.

And now it seems that "but but trials" is, in fact, your argument, notwithstanding the strawman comments.

When did you become such a statist? When did you stop having opinions about things that otherwise went to trial? You've really changed man.
    Keeping fucking that strawman ass Kunt.

I said there were facts and evidence presented at the trial. You've emoted and given us your opinion, which is worthless because it is based entirely on the sensations you have emanating from your ignorant ass.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,883
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Good news for the short term markets but it's a stalling tactic by the CCP I have no doubt, just like everything they've ever agreed to in regards to the WTO etc. At least it seems like Trump understands enforcement is necessary or they'll just continue to lie.

I'm sure they are hoping Trump is gone in 2020 and Biden can give them the green light.

Also this, "Beijing also rejected a call to include a pledge not to hack US companies, arguing such a promise was not part of a trade deal." which effectively means that they'll continue tech transfer as a large portion of their GDP.

Best case scenario, this floats the economy past the world headwinds of 2020, helps Trump get re-elected, and he can double down on decoupling in the second term.

It really comes down to the fact that the economy and political system the CCP has built can't stand an actual free market.

I gotta say here man, you are coming off like the guy who is going to see it his way no matter what is put under his nose. I hate that in people. It reminds me of arguing with Sledog on the Trayvon matter - obstinance for the sake of obstinance. Buckling down on China was always a good move, no matter who makes it.

I'm not a protectionist by any means or measure, but China has never been free trade. I have no issue with their economy growing even it means manufacturing jobs moving from here to there, as long as it's market driven. That's organic growth, that's real and they deserve it if they can get it.

But fuck ... even in the commodity business you have to go through a gauntlet of pick pockets at the port dock in China before you get anywhere near your markets, and even then you are faced with more obstacles. That we sell anything there at all is a minor miracle.

Free market theory works when everybody is playing free market. Not sometimes and when they feel like it. China bad.
    No offense but you weren't exactly the model of objectivity when it came to the Trayvon matter.

I didn't know Travyon, I don't care about Trayvon and I believe firmly in the right to defend yourself and your property, with lethal force if necessary. But I'm a firm believer in the right of any citizen to take a walk at night without being harassed by a police academy reject carrying a gun ... a guy who has proven beyond any doubt that he is a giant piece of shit to be afforded zero credibility. Acting like a thug on the internet and getting into a few scrapes in high school doesn't constitute forfeiture of those rights.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone wouldn't be a little troubled by what happened there. I still can't really figure out your angle on it, but Sleddy was just being a stubborn mule ... a guy who had no moves to make but just kept making them to make them. Hence, my reference to him in that chat as a comparison to the one you call El Monte ... at least I think that's him.

Model of objectivity

If only there had been a trial where all of the facts of the case could have been presented.

I rest my case.
    Not a very good argument, but it's good to know you have such strong and abiding faith in our system of justice, such as it is. Casey What's Her Face killed her kid, everybody in the clear thinking world knows it, even her parents, and yet she walks around today free as a bird. Trials get fucked up every day. I can live with that. It's reality.

Accepting a trial outcome like an adult, and being ok with Zimmerman's role in what happened, are two very different things. At least they are where I'm concerned. YMMV. Zimmerman FS started a fight with a kid he couldn't finish and shot him. All that kid was doing that night was walking from point A to B. I'm no fan of gun control, but Zimmerman's fat pockmarked face is the poster for it.
    Model of objectivity
    Indeed. I objectively looked at the facts and decided I didn't like what happened. I also objectively looked at the facts of the Mike Brown case and decided what happened was ok. That's big league Objectivity with a capital "O" right there. It's what separates good guys (me) from paper hangers. Or do I need to be a particular kind of objective for you to think I'm objective? Why don't you objectively explain it to me in terms I can understand.

And while you're at it, clue me in on why you want to die on the hill for this one? There are so many better cases to illustrate the point that bad guys get what's coming to them from law enforcement and other armed people.
    But they often operate for far too long until they're brought to heel.

The victims pile up.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

MisterEm said:

SFGbob said:

MisterEm said:

I see Bob has held on tight to the Zimmerman lovefest... JFC

I've held onto tight to the facts that were presented at the trial while some of you have been left with your faulty and worthless opinions.

Should say the same to you. There was a trial, facts and evidence were presented. And yet you Kunts still hold tight to your worthless opinions.
    Why are my opinions worthless? Such a @dnc - level thing to say. I'm telling someone.

And now it seems that "but but trials" is, in fact, your argument, notwithstanding the strawman comments.

When did you become such a statist? When did you stop having opinions about things that otherwise went to trial? You've really changed man.
    Keeping fucking that strawman ass Kunt.

I said there were facts and evidence presented at the trial. You've emoted and given us your opinion, which is worthless because it is based entirely on the sensations you have emanating from your ignorant ass.
    You are wrong. You said strawman because "good thing" trial outcomes not your argument. Then I rephrased to say that fact finding at trial was your argument, which it turns out, it was. So, ergo, no strawman ass fuckio.

It doesn't logically follow that having an opinion means the opinion holder is emotional. You tend to ascribe emotion to others when their opinions differ from yours. It's a pattern Bob. We have a rather large sample size from which to draw. Facts. Math. Boom. Reflect.

As you know, people used to call you Gay Bob a lot. I never understood that particular barb, FWIW. Emotional Bob is much more accurate. For a guy who says, "but but emoting" so much, you sure do lose your shit rather quickly. That's a fact, not an opinion.

And we'd come so far. Sad.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,201
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Buckling down on China was always a good move, no matter who makes it.

That’s not really a point of disagreement. The quarrel is with saying we already won something.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,891
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

That’s not really a point of disagreement. The quarrel is with saying we already won something.
    Like the impeachment?
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

That's how it comes off. I'm just sayin'. It comes off like you want him to fail.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

That's how it comes off. I'm just sayin'. It comes off like you want him to fail.
    Hard to slip anything past you..

He does
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Bigly.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,201

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

It would be awfully silly to think the American voter will be able to tell one way or another by November 2020. Hell! Race is declaring victory after Phase One.
  • Options
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

It would be awfully silly to think the American voter will be able to tell one way or another by November 2020. Hell! Race is declaring victory after Phase One.
    Think of it like being excited your team is up at half time.
  • Options

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Hard to slip anything past you..

He does

It is.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,485
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I'm sure your support of the stooge Biden is appreciated in China

Comrade
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I'll go ahead and grade this an "F"

You sure can pile up dullness unlike anything I've ever seen.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Model of objectivity

I rest my case.

Good thing that wasn't my argument. But please continue with your strawman ass fuck.
    Your feelings seem to be rising to the surface here. I'll restate, because that's what objective people do:

... but it's good to know you have such strong and abiding faith in the fact gathering facility of our adversarial system of justice. As it is, the facts so gathered objectively support my objectively-based opinion that Fat George, armed with a gun and no legal authority to make an arrest, followed a kid at night and eventually gave chase. Those actions shockingly led to a fist fight against a 155 lb. teenager he couldn't handle.

My feelings? All you've done is fucking emote and state your "feelings" Kunt. You have zero evidence that Zimmerman started any fight. You have your worthless opinion and nothing more.

As I was saying, you claiming to be "objective" on this topic is a fucking joke. Now please return to the strawman's asshole you were fucking.
    No emotions whatsoever. None. I'm cold as a cucumber here Bob. As I type this, with steady and controlled key strokes, I'm neither smiling nor frowning. No affect. At all. But one of us does seem to be getting upset, and it's not me.

If I ever find myself chasing your baseball superstar with a gun, at night and for no reason, you'll first want to sort out who technically started the fight if, God forbid, something 'goes wrong'.

Good to know.

Feeeeeelings, nothing more than feeeeelings.....
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Model of objectivity

I rest my case.

Good to know.

Like Wisconsin, you lost this one. Quit arguing about the pass interference call.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Model of objectivity

I rest my case.

Good to know.

Like Wisconsin, you lost this one. Quit arguing about the pass interference call.
    Yeah, there's nothing like ignorant asswholes who make up their own "facts" and then declare victory.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Model of objectivity

I rest my case.

Good to know.

Yeah, there's nothing like ignorant asswholes who make up their own "facts" and then declare victory.
    Nope. Not one single made up fact. But what you said was.

Also, keep moving the goal posts. I’m not as smart as I think I am so it’s hard to keep up.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Model of objectivity

I rest my case.

Good to know.

Nope. Not one single made up fact. But what you said was.

Also, keep moving the goal posts. I’m not as smart as I think I am so it’s hard to keep up.
    What goal post asswhole? You're making up your own "facts" and mistaking your opinion for facts. That's been my position from the outset. There's no evidence that Zimmerman started any fight. There's all kinds of evidence that Trademark did. Saying that he "chased him with a gun" is disingenuous bullshit. You might as well as say he chased him with his dick. Zimmerman was perfectly within his rights to follow Trademark and he broke no laws in doing so. Trademark did break the law when he assaulted Zimmerman. And your claim that Zimmerman had no reason to follow Trademark again is pure bullshit that ignores the facts that were presented at trial.

Now declare victory again Kunt.