Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Remember the trade war

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

The Administration declares victory. Very convincing.

HH and his leadership elites are poo pooing the deal. Trump just did an amazing thing. HH and his leaders all wanted to stand pat where we were when we were 500 Billion in deficit and the Chinese were stealing trillions more in IP. 8 years of BO and they did nothing. Then they bitched like whiny little wimps when Trump made his move. Now the fucking hypocrites are bitching about the deal which is clearly a great deal for the country.

Schumer and the low lifes he dictates over are out in force trying to deny the incredible thing Trump has done for the American people. It makes you wonder why they were happy letting the country lose.
    I’m thrilled that it’s “a great deal for the country”. Could you share the details please? Everyone else seems to be in the dark about them.
    Look it up, lazy-ass spinster.
  • Options

Good news for the short term markets but it's a stalling tactic by the CCP I have no doubt, just like everything they've ever agreed to in regards to the WTO etc. At least it seems like Trump understands enforcement is necessary or they'll just continue to lie.

I'm sure they are hoping Trump is gone in 2020 and Biden can give them the green light.

Also this, "Beijing also rejected a call to include a pledge not to hack US companies, arguing such a promise was not part of a trade deal." which effectively means that they'll continue tech transfer as a large portion of their GDP.

Best case scenario, this floats the economy past the world headwinds of 2020, helps Trump get re-elected, and he can double down on decoupling in the second term.

It really comes down to the fact that the economy and political system the CCP has built can't stand an actual free market.

Why pay for what gullible US Democrats will let you steal for free?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited January 2020
    HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Good news for the short term markets but it's a stalling tactic by the CCP I have no doubt, just like everything they've ever agreed to in regards to the WTO etc. At least it seems like Trump understands enforcement is necessary or they'll just continue to lie.

I'm sure they are hoping Trump is gone in 2020 and Biden can give them the green light.

Also this, "Beijing also rejected a call to include a pledge not to hack US companies, arguing such a promise was not part of a trade deal." which effectively means that they'll continue tech transfer as a large portion of their GDP.

Best case scenario, this floats the economy past the world headwinds of 2020, helps Trump get re-elected, and he can double down on decoupling in the second term.

It really comes down to the fact that the economy and political system the CCP has built can't stand an actual free market.

Sounds like the war is still on.
    Regardless, just look at how the narrative has changed. No one but Trump was talking about this prior to 2016. Now it's a bipartisan issue and the only one still kowtowing is Biden.

It's also defied a lot of experts who said it would be a disaster for the US. There's no doubt that a lot of the perception and power has shifted to the US side of the table. It's the only reason that explains why the CCP would gift Trump a victory like this at all, they themselves are desperate.
    The results are very unclear. The long term effects are unknown. And it amounts to little more than a truce at this point.
    Lol, you're such a pretender. Tell me about current supply chains, or projected(not ccp) gdp data in China, or how domestic consumption differs. You know, since your very knowledgeable about economics.

Edit: CD might have had tds but at least he knew wtf economics was.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

CD was a pretender.

Yet hes somehow less of a fag than bearswiin
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I read the China and USMCA deals means 2 trillion in trade. Damn that Trump!
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

What does part one of three mean to you?

You can ask a friend if you need to
    One of us declared victory. Now you’re saying two thirds of the war remains.

I guess I was right again. #TiredOfAllTheWinning
    I gotta say here man, you are coming off like the guy who is going to see it his way no matter what is put under his nose. I hate that in people. It reminds me of arguing with Sledog on the Trayvon matter - obstinance for the sake of obstinance. Buckling down on China was always a good move, no matter who makes it.

I'm not a protectionist by any means or measure, but China has never been free trade. I have no issue with their economy growing even it means manufacturing jobs moving from here to there, as long as it's market driven. That's organic growth, that's real and they deserve it if they can get it.

But fuck ... even in the commodity business you have to go through a gauntlet of pick pockets at the port dock in China before you get anywhere near your markets, and even then you are faced with more obstacles. That we sell anything there at all is a minor miracle.

Free market theory works when everybody is playing free market. Not sometimes and when they feel like it. China bad.
    No offense but you weren't exactly the model of objectivity when it came to the Trayvon matter.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I gotta say here man, you are coming off like the guy who is going to see it his way no matter what is put under his nose. I hate that in people. It reminds me of arguing with Sledog on the Trayvon matter - obstinance for the sake of obstinance. Buckling down on China was always a good move, no matter who makes it.

I'm not a protectionist by any means or measure, but China has never been free trade. I have no issue with their economy growing even it means manufacturing jobs moving from here to there, as long as it's market driven. That's organic growth, that's real and they deserve it if they can get it.

But fuck ... even in the commodity business you have to go through a gauntlet of pick pockets at the port dock in China before you get anywhere near your markets, and even then you are faced with more obstacles. That we sell anything there at all is a minor miracle.

Free market theory works when everybody is playing free market. Not sometimes and when they feel like it. China bad.
    No offense but you weren't exactly the model of objectivity when it came to the Trayvon matter.
    Offense taken. I was a model of objectivity, and then some.

I didn't know Travyon, I don't care about Trayvon and I believe firmly in the right to defend yourself and your property, with lethal force if necessary. But I'm a firm believer in the right of any citizen to take a walk at night without being harassed by a police academy reject carrying a gun ... a guy who has proven beyond any doubt that he is a giant piece of shit to be afforded zero credibility. Acting like a thug on the internet and getting into a few scrapes in high school doesn't constitute forfeiture of those rights.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone wouldn't be a little troubled by what happened there. I still can't really figure out your angle on it, but Sleddy was just being a stubborn mule ... a guy who had no moves to make but just kept making them to make them. Hence, my reference to him in that chat as a comparison to the one you call El Monte ... at least I think that's him.

• Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2020

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

I didn't know Travyon, I don't care about Trayvon and I believe firmly in the right to defend yourself and your property, with lethal force if necessary. But I'm a firm believer in the right of any citizen to take a walk at night without being harassed by a police academy reject carrying a gun ... a guy who has proven beyond any doubt that he is a giant piece of shit to be afforded zero credibility. Acting like a thug on the internet and getting into a few scrapes in high school doesn't constitute forfeiture of those rights.

It is beyond my comprehension how anyone wouldn't be a little troubled by what happened there. I still can't really figure out your angle on it, but Sleddy was just being a stubborn mule ... a guy who had no moves to make but just kept making them to make them. Hence, my reference to him in that chat as a comparison to the one you call El Monte ... at least I think that's him.

Model of objectivity

If only there had been a trial where all of the facts of the case could have been presented.

I rest my case.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,584
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Trayvon would've ended up arrested or dead anyway
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,834

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Trayvon would've ended up arrested or dead anyway
    whynotboth.gif?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Model of objectivity

If only there had been a trial where all of the facts of the case could have been presented.

I rest my case.
    Not a very good argument, but it's good to know you have such strong and abiding faith in our system of justice, such as it is. Casey What's Her Face killed her kid, everybody in the clear thinking world knows it, even her parents, and yet she walks around today free as a bird. Trials get fucked up every day. I can live with that. It's reality.

Accepting a trial outcome like an adult, and being ok with Zimmerman's role in what happened, are two very different things. At least they are where I'm concerned. YMMV. Zimmerman FS started a fight with a kid he couldn't finish and shot him. All that kid was doing that night was walking from point A to B. I'm no fan of gun control, but Zimmerman's fat pockmarked face is the poster for it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Model of objectivity

I rest my case.
    Not a very good argument, but it's good to know you have such strong and abiding faith in our system of justice, such as it is. Casey What's Her Face killed her kid, everybody in the clear thinking world knows it, even her parents, and yet she walks around today free as a bird. Trials get fucked up every day. I can live with that. It's reality.

Accepting a trial outcome like an adult, and being ok with Zimmerman's role in what happened, are two very different things. At least they are where I'm concerned. YMMV. Zimmerman FS started a fight with a kid he couldn't finish and shot him. All that kid was doing that night was walking from point A to B. I'm no fan of gun control, but Zimmerman's fat pockmarked face is the poster for it.
    Model of objectivity
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,749

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

A little troubled? Maybe, but nothing illegal.

• Options

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Unfortunately any man's opinion on this matter is only as good as the objectivity and professionalism of the fact gatherers and reporters, which is in extremely short supply anymore. I read some recent news about the Trayvon case recently, which I'd never heard before, that called some of the earlier assumptions into question, but didn't change my overall opinion that I share with CC, that Zimmerman (POS or not) instigated and escalated the situation with his stalky behavior and terrible communication skills that should've DQ'd him from guarding a phone booth, let alone a complex of residences. Guy was a fucking retard with a gun. Bad for everyone.
  • Options
    edited January 2020
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

HHusky said:

Model of objectivity

I rest my case.

Model of objectivity
    Indeed. I objectively looked at the facts and decided I didn't like what happened. I also objectively looked at the facts of the Mike Brown case and decided what happened was ok. That's big league Objectivity with a capital "O" right there. It's what separates good guys (me) from paper hangers. Or do I need to be a particular kind of objective for you to think I'm objective? Why don't you objectively explain it to me in terms I can understand.

And while you're at it, clue me in on why you want to die on the hill for this one? There are so many better cases to illustrate the point that bad guys get what's coming to them from law enforcement and other armed people.