Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I see dead sites

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,740 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

I hate that the BDTW guys have basically vanished. Chest left years ago, so whatever. Also thought his goodbye post was bullshit. AIRWOLF was never super active here. I suppose our juvenile antics did not appeal. Whatever.

I do miss Dennis and Coker and Tequilla and LMC though. That's a rough four to "lose."

I had a number of talks with a couple of them before they left, and at least they exited in a classy Nebraska way. I can appreciate what they are trying to do. That said, it seems everyone who gets a little personal brand exposure and has any kind of vision for how they want things to work feels the need to leave and do their own thing. That blows. For all of us.

As others have mentioned, this isn't the SEC. And even the SEC teams don't have 4-5 sites vying for attention. You can only split the baby so many ways. Doogfarm and Roof have the retard and casual segment all sewn up. UWDawgPound has the normals. HH has the bomb throwers and degenerates. So now we needed BDTW for the metrics folks? I will agree they specialize in recruiting and game breakdowns as well, but you can also find game stuff on UWDP and recruiting for tards with Roof and the LPT. Sure BDTW might be better at that stuff, but it is still the same stuff. And now a 5th website for a Pac-12 team.

I just don't get it. Reminds me of Baptist churches in the deep south. A church starts out with 200 members. And every year there is some renegade breakoff because of religious purity, or some type of drama, or the need to be different. Some farmer gives the breakaways an acre of land and they throw up a church of their own. 15 years later you have 22 Baptist churches all in two square miles and a dozen people going to each one of them on Sundays. Splintered. And everyone winds up the worse for it.

I miss the value those guys brought to the bored. But like many of you, I don't have time to closely follow two sites. I have time for here. So there is no there. I don't even do Twatter, because I hate Twatter plus no time for it. I wish there would have been a way to keep them here, but they wanted to go their own way. We are all diminished for it. Them included.

As usual, the noblest of savages is right on the money. In this era of so much media available at the click of the button, most of us simply don't the time to be a devotee of another site. We don't need the Church of the 5th revelation.
    To add a final sincere wrapping to what you and @Swaye have so perfectly stated;

@DerekJohnson has pretty much been the perfect admin/internet janitor... He has been incredibly generous to people that have used him and this site, takes nothing personally, lets people pretty much run wild, doesnt mind people attacking him, hasnt gone power/fame hungry, has kept things free and made paying optional, never sold out to UW or the AD, and stayed above the basement filth that permeates this board but somehow still understands it all.

Stalins ability to run this cesspool of filth so even evenhandedly and effectively without going on some deranged power trip or mental break is almost as unique as HardcoreHusky itself.

#WhyIStayed
    You fucking nailed it. I suck Derek off a lot in PMs so I have no issue doing it in the light of day. What we have here is so fucking unique it's basically a goddamn unicorn. Or a @SpiritHorse if you will. And it is all because of DJ. Say what you want about some of the larger than life personalities here, but none of them would be shit without a steady helmsman keeping this pirate ship pointed into the swells (I love gay nautical shit).

So much shit gets thrown at him behind the scenes that you dunces wouldn't believe. No complaining. No retribution. Just stoic stewardship of his great creation. I fucking love the guy. No homo.

Baze is the pilot. Race is the construction dude. CFetters is the Army gay. Damone is the cop (lulz). Queer cowboy is Dennis (RIP). Nerd on the side is Grundle. I'll let you guess who I am.
    Maybe I should start growing a Minshew 'stache.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

I hate that the BDTW guys have basically vanished. Chest left years ago, so whatever. Also thought his goodbye post was bullshit. AIRWOLF was never super active here. I suppose our juvenile antics did not appeal. Whatever.

I do miss Dennis and Coker and Tequilla and LMC though. That's a rough four to "lose."

I had a number of talks with a couple of them before they left, and at least they exited in a classy Nebraska way. I can appreciate what they are trying to do. That said, it seems everyone who gets a little personal brand exposure and has any kind of vision for how they want things to work feels the need to leave and do their own thing. That blows. For all of us.

As others have mentioned, this isn't the SEC. And even the SEC teams don't have 4-5 sites vying for attention. You can only split the baby so many ways. Doogfarm and Roof have the retard and casual segment all sewn up. UWDawgPound has the normals. HH has the bomb throwers and degenerates. So now we needed BDTW for the metrics folks? I will agree they specialize in recruiting and game breakdowns as well, but you can also find game stuff on UWDP and recruiting for tards with Roof and the LPT. Sure BDTW might be better at that stuff, but it is still the same stuff. And now a 5th website for a Pac-12 team.

I just don't get it. Reminds me of Baptist churches in the deep south. A church starts out with 200 members. And every year there is some renegade breakoff because of religious purity, or some type of drama, or the need to be different. Some farmer gives the breakaways an acre of land and they throw up a church of their own. 15 years later you have 22 Baptist churches all in two square miles and a dozen people going to each one of them on Sundays. Splintered. And everyone winds up the worse for it.

I miss the value those guys brought to the bored. But like many of you, I don't have time to closely follow two sites. I have time for here. So there is no there. I don't even do Twatter, because I hate Twatter plus no time for it. I wish there would have been a way to keep them here, but they wanted to go their own way. We are all diminished for it. Them included.

As usual, the noblest of savages is right on the money. In this era of so much media available at the click of the button, most of us simply don't the time to be a devotee of another site. We don't need the Church of the 5th revelation.
    To add a final sincere wrapping to what you and @Swaye have so perfectly stated;

@DerekJohnson has pretty much been the perfect admin/internet janitor... He has been incredibly generous to people that have used him and this site, takes nothing personally, lets people pretty much run wild, doesnt mind people attacking him, hasnt gone power/fame hungry, has kept things free and made paying optional, never sold out to UW or the AD, and stayed above the basement filth that permeates this board but somehow still understands it all.

Stalins ability to run this cesspool of filth so even evenhandedly and effectively without going on some deranged power trip or mental break is almost as unique as HardcoreHusky itself.

#WhyIStayed
    You fucking nailed it. I suck Derek off a lot in PMs so I have no issue doing it in the light of day. What we have here is so fucking unique it's basically a goddamn unicorn. Or a @SpiritHorse if you will. And it is all because of DJ. Say what you want about some of the larger than life personalities here, but none of them would be shit without a steady helmsman keeping this pirate ship pointed into the swells (I love gay nautical shit).

So much shit gets thrown at him behind the scenes that you dunces wouldn't believe. No complaining. No retribution. Just stoic stewardship of his great creation. I fucking love the guy. No homo.

Baze is the pilot. Race is the construction dude. CFetters is the Army gay. Damone is the cop (lulz). Queer cowboy is Dennis (RIP). Nerd on the side is Grundle. I'll let you guess who I am.
    Maybe?
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

#WhyIStayed

Maybe?
    With my bald head and a 'stache, I'd definitely look like The Iron Sheik.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,357 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

#WhyIStayed

Maybe?

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Houhusky said:

Swaye said:

#WhyIStayed

Maybe?

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

upon reflection the fact that there is an 8 page thread about husky websites is a strong indicator that we should all asphyxiate ourselves

8 pages is just the start, there is enough potential in this threat to push it into SavellSmalls and HuskyJacks length if people just put in some damn effort.

If this were the offseason we would already be at page 15, but instead were in that awkward period where we lost to Cal, the season is over, but the off season hasnt started yet.