Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I see dead sites

Comments

• JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 2,031
    K-doog is on that website
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169
    Swaye said:

I hate that the BDTW guys have basically vanished. Chest left years ago, so whatever. Also thought his goodbye post was bullshit. AIRWOLF was never super active here. I suppose our juvenile antics did not appeal. Whatever.

I do miss Dennis and Coker and Tequilla and LMC though. That's a rough four to "lose."

I had a number of talks with a couple of them before they left, and at least they exited in a classy Nebraska way. I can appreciate what they are trying to do. That said, it seems everyone who gets a little personal brand exposure and has any kind of vision for how they want things to work feels the need to leave and do their own thing. That blows. For all of us.

As others have mentioned, this isn't the SEC. And even the SEC teams don't have 4-5 sites vying for attention. You can only split the baby so many ways. Doogfarm and Roof have the retard and casual segment all sewn up. UWDawgPound has the normals. HH has the bomb throwers and degenerates. So now we needed BDTW for the metrics folks? I will agree they specialize in recruiting and game breakdowns as well, but you can also find game stuff on UWDP and recruiting for tards with Roof and the LPT. Sure BDTW might be better at that stuff, but it is still the same stuff. And now a 5th website for a Pac-12 team.

I just don't get it. Reminds me of Baptist churches in the deep south. A church starts out with 200 members. And every year there is some renegade breakoff because of religious purity, or some type of drama, or the need to be different. Some farmer gives the breakaways an acre of land and they throw up a church of their own. 15 years later you have 22 Baptist churches all in two square miles and a dozen people going to each one of them on Sundays. Splintered. And everyone winds up the worse for it.

I miss the value those guys brought to the bored. But like many of you, I don't have time to closely follow two sites. I have time for here. So there is no there. I don't even do Twatter, because I hate Twatter plus no time for it. I wish there would have been a way to keep them here, but they wanted to go their own way. We are all diminished for it. Them included.

My hope is they can steal the doogman and doogpound segment
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

DDY and Coker have good insight but are too high strung to make it through a season without a psychological meltdown.

bro do you even football?
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,740 Founders Club

Swaye said:

I hate that the BDTW guys have basically vanished. Chest left years ago, so whatever. Also thought his goodbye post was bullshit. AIRWOLF was never super active here. I suppose our juvenile antics did not appeal. Whatever.

I do miss Dennis and Coker and Tequilla and LMC though. That's a rough four to "lose."

I had a number of talks with a couple of them before they left, and at least they exited in a classy Nebraska way. I can appreciate what they are trying to do. That said, it seems everyone who gets a little personal brand exposure and has any kind of vision for how they want things to work feels the need to leave and do their own thing. That blows. For all of us.

As others have mentioned, this isn't the SEC. And even the SEC teams don't have 4-5 sites vying for attention. You can only split the baby so many ways. Doogfarm and Roof have the retard and casual segment all sewn up. UWDawgPound has the normals. HH has the bomb throwers and degenerates. So now we needed BDTW for the metrics folks? I will agree they specialize in recruiting and game breakdowns as well, but you can also find game stuff on UWDP and recruiting for tards with Roof and the LPT. Sure BDTW might be better at that stuff, but it is still the same stuff. And now a 5th website for a Pac-12 team.

I just don't get it. Reminds me of Baptist churches in the deep south. A church starts out with 200 members. And every year there is some renegade breakoff because of religious purity, or some type of drama, or the need to be different. Some farmer gives the breakaways an acre of land and they throw up a church of their own. 15 years later you have 22 Baptist churches all in two square miles and a dozen people going to each one of them on Sundays. Splintered. And everyone winds up the worse for it.

I miss the value those guys brought to the bored. But like many of you, I don't have time to closely follow two sites. I have time for here. So there is no there. I don't even do Twatter, because I hate Twatter plus no time for it. I wish there would have been a way to keep them here, but they wanted to go their own way. We are all diminished for it. Them included.

As usual, the noblest of savages is right on the money. In this era of so much media available at the click of the button, most of us simply don't the time to be a devotee of another site. We don't need the Church of the 5th revelation.
    Something about HCH not being for sermon seekers...