Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I see dead sites

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,856

haie said:

I wasn't actually joking. You realize you can get vanilla for free if you know how to code.

Then again I'm solid in JavaScript and c# I have no need to learn fucking php

Don't believe all the .NET and node hipsters when it comes to php.

Through Amazon's auto-scaling hosting stacks and open source libraries online you can do things with php that would cost tens of thousands of dollars just for the packages and then months of painful base C# to do the equivalent in .NET. redis out of the box and native MySQL if you can't afford Enterprise quality databases.

It's one of the best decisions we ever made for one of our services that gets shit hammered almost 24 hours a day and costs us almost nothing to host and maintain.
    You sound upset
    He's got a lot of hate haie in his life.
    I always chuckle at that one
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I wasn't actually joking. You realize you can get vanilla for free if you know how to code.

Through Amazon's auto-scaling hosting stacks and open source libraries online you can do things with php that would cost tens of thousands of dollars just for the packages and then months of painful base C# to do the equivalent in .NET. redis out of the box and native MySQL if you can't afford Enterprise quality databases.

It's one of the best decisions we ever made for one of our services that gets shit hammered almost 24 hours a day and costs us almost nothing to host and maintain.
    You sound upset
    You sound like you can't pick up new languages.
    haie said:

haie said:

You sound upset
    You sound like you can't pick up new languages.
    Spanish bitch
    In actual nerdy terms I'm having a hell of a time moving our accounting team to WVD.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,545 Swaye's Wigwam

In actual nerdy terms I'm having a hell of a time moving our accounting team to WVD.

In actual nerdy terms I'm having a hell of time getting the owner to fire our quality assurance team.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,781 Swaye's Wigwam

I completely forgot about that site in the wake of the Cal disaster.

Cal disaster made me forget about udub football for a few days.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,953 Founders Club

Case in point...

Classic TL;DR Teq poast. 135 views and 4 replies 11 hours in. Hell a @PurpleJ I EATIG post on my shitty little bored gets more traffic.

https://www.bowdown2washington.com/forum/bowdown-board/teq-thoughts-3-2-edition

My diet is what’s hot in the streetz. Everybody love it. Everybody talk about it.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,953 Founders Club
    Emoterman said:

Feld's mustache is top-notch. If I grew one, I'd definitely go for that look.

Plus, I could get into the Steampunk scene.

Wood hit.

Too soon?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,012 Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I think those guys attempted to split the difference between here and the other sites. A Nebraska Classy HH that didn't have all of the "damaging filth" but had all of the passion and intelligent takes. [Copy pasta of "what HH could be for serious dog fans" here]

This place could remain the pirate ship of never-do-wells but they'd have a place for "serious talk" that wasn't "damaging" to recruiting is what I saw it as. I think they aimed to usurp all the people dissatisfied with LPT's incompetence, Ruth's chinsanity, and Doogpounds Doogish "everything is great!".

The trouble is that there's a lot of "group inertia" and a most of the idiots paying for those sites aren't THAT dissatisfied otherwise they'd be here. Combine that with them essentially losing Coker and flubbing the opening kickoff and it's going to take them a lot of time to attract an active user base. Even more so if they aren't consistently generating content to hash since the site isn't at a point like here where the content is generated by the user base.

DDY is self admitted fast strategy and lots of the current issues they are having have all the marks of a fast strategy launch of a business. That said, I respect that he has a vision and I hope they all persist in their efforts to make something better than those other sites for all of husky fans. It would be good for this place and for them if recruits and their parents read their stuff and not our low brow filth and sometimes not obviously ironic enough racism. This place really shouldn't be the "Go To" place for recruits (or others) to land when they google Washington Football. It would be good for all husky fans if the best aspects of this place were translated into a "clean" flagship that took over the market the other three shitty sites currently divide while this place remained the wonderland of free speech and dark humor.

The filth and off topic general fuckery isn’t all that detrimental, otherwise this site would never have grown. Some people love that shit AND like talkin dawgs. That’s why this place doesn’t die in the offseason. There is also the added benefit of weeding out people who can’t take a joke. Those humorless fags tend to be doogs anyways.
    Here, here, such soccer fag J!!
  • minion_doogminion_doog Member Posts: 1,996

Oh right, and burn Husky Football Facebook with fire.

Nuke everyone except Young Andrew. He doesn't really need anyone around in order to yell things on that page anyway
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,740 Founders Club

PurpleJ said:

I think those guys attempted to split the difference between here and the other sites. A Nebraska Classy HH that didn't have all of the "damaging filth" but had all of the passion and intelligent takes. [Copy pasta of "what HH could be for serious dog fans" here]

This place could remain the pirate ship of never-do-wells but they'd have a place for "serious talk" that wasn't "damaging" to recruiting is what I saw it as. I think they aimed to usurp all the people dissatisfied with LPT's incompetence, Ruth's chinsanity, and Doogpounds Doogish "everything is great!".

The trouble is that there's a lot of "group inertia" and a most of the idiots paying for those sites aren't THAT dissatisfied otherwise they'd be here. Combine that with them essentially losing Coker and flubbing the opening kickoff and it's going to take them a lot of time to attract an active user base. Even more so if they aren't consistently generating content to hash since the site isn't at a point like here where the content is generated by the user base.

DDY is self admitted fast strategy and lots of the current issues they are having have all the marks of a fast strategy launch of a business. That said, I respect that he has a vision and I hope they all persist in their efforts to make something better than those other sites for all of husky fans. It would be good for this place and for them if recruits and their parents read their stuff and not our low brow filth and sometimes not obviously ironic enough racism. This place really shouldn't be the "Go To" place for recruits (or others) to land when they google Washington Football. It would be good for all husky fans if the best aspects of this place were translated into a "clean" flagship that took over the market the other three shitty sites currently divide while this place remained the wonderland of free speech and dark humor.

The filth and off topic general fuckery isn’t all that detrimental, otherwise this site would never have grown. Some people love that shit AND like talkin dawgs. That’s why this place doesn’t die in the offseason. There is also the added benefit of weeding out people who can’t take a joke. Those humorless fags tend to be doogs anyways.
    Here, here, such soccer fag J!!
    *Hear, *hear

HTH
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,425 Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

That's the reason I'm here.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

Wood hit.

Too soon?
    @ExtraChrisB!!! True???
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    dnc said:

PurpleJ said:

Emoterman said:

Wood hit.

Too soon?
    @ExtraChrisB!!! True???
    Man it's been a surprisingly long time since I got a Rihanna joke.

In honor, my favorite take on domestic violence:

https://youtu.be/rksKvZoUCPQ
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346

Mad_Son said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

The content they produce is pretty great. The platform they have it on is not good, especially for mobile.

Air wolf, data dawg, and kodiak have had some excellent content which I have enjoyed and found worthwhile. My bitchy ass, selfish complaint remains that we're better all under one roof and I wish they were still posting here.
    Agreed, I dont really get their vision or why they felt the need to break off but whatever. Atleast it was done a better than than Chest and LittleJimmy and Friday Harbor. I guess they are trying to split the baby between here, dawgman, ruth, and reddit. I always thought the OG HHB coaching matters, fuck perspective philosophy naturally balanced really well with their new-age teen boy above all obsession.

DDY brand is tailor made for here where he can spew semi coherent recruiting insight wrapped in racism while disregarding actual coaching. People can argue with him on a relatively neutral ground about how fucking retarded he is for wanting to start Wellington over BBK and everything is fine, no one really cares.

Coker seems like a really nice guy that just wants to speak the truth about high school boys talent. Trying to monetize such a weird niche hobby in THIS free internet without a massive personal following or established community seems useless. IMO, he would do better being an active member here with a linked patreon account where people could directly donate to him for specific high level ideas and articles he wants to do that get posted to the front page (also rip).

TLDR: I like talking with those guys here, but its kinda weird to go argue with them on their own semi serious website that they made, that they run, about some attempt at a high level topic... Doesnt feel right calling DDY an elitist blackface wearing racist homo with a side of syphilitic moron in his own home while he is hosting an open house with a bunch of normals... idk...
    They want to give non-doogs, who are offended by HH a place to be. HH without the #filth.
    I was listening to the Jimmy and Chester show, and chest was joking about handjobs and cunnilingus from the cheerleaders as Dawg Pack 4th quarter prizes. I wasn't in The Pit when Chester made his schism, but seems it had something to do with filth... What am I missing here?
    I don't listen to his pods but he quit from HH, not the pit
    Chest was never on the Pit AFAIK
    He was on the Pit and a huge propigator of filth.
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    edited September 2019
    Title is literal as of 3am.