Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I see dead sites

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,740 Founders Club
    Feld's mustache is top-notch. If I grew one, I'd definitely go for that look.

Plus, I could get into the Steampunk scene.

You fucker! You're on a roll today.

I'm dying here.
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    Swaye said:

My steampunk phase was some of my finest work.

A girl in a leather corset easily adds +2 to her attractiveness level. One of mans greatest lost inventions.

also you know she is down for some weird shit.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I think those guys attempted to split the difference between here and the other sites. A Nebraska Classy HH that didn't have all of the "damaging filth" but had all of the passion and intelligent takes. [Copy pasta of "what HH could be for serious dog fans" here]

This place could remain the pirate ship of never-do-wells but they'd have a place for "serious talk" that wasn't "damaging" to recruiting is what I saw it as. I think they aimed to usurp all the people dissatisfied with LPT's incompetence, Ruth's chinsanity, and Doogpounds Doogish "everything is great!".

The trouble is that there's a lot of "group inertia" and a most of the idiots paying for those sites aren't THAT dissatisfied otherwise they'd be here. Combine that with them essentially losing Coker and flubbing the opening kickoff and it's going to take them a lot of time to attract an active user base. Even more so if they aren't consistently generating content to hash since the site isn't at a point like here where the content is generated by the user base.

DDY is self admitted fast strategy and lots of the current issues they are having have all the marks of a fast strategy launch of a business. That said, I respect that he has a vision and I hope they all persist in their efforts to make something better than those other sites for all of husky fans. It would be good for this place and for them if recruits and their parents read their stuff and not our low brow filth and sometimes not obviously ironic enough racism. This place really shouldn't be the "Go To" place for recruits (or others) to land when they google Washington Football. It would be good for all husky fans if the best aspects of this place were translated into a "clean" flagship that took over the market the other three shitty sites currently divide while this place remained the wonderland of free speech and dark humor.

I haven't even been over there enough to realize that.

Coker was the secret sauce that was going to make that place (if it could have worked).

Without him I'm much less optimistic that it will take off.

Sucks for them, I was rooting for it to work.

Hopefully they'll come back here when they realize it was for naught.
  • jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,726
    NOTHING MATTERS ANYMORE!

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,236

Mad_Son said:

Doogles said:

Most big-time schools(SEC,B10) only have 1 concentrated board with live traffic. The elites usually have a second tier rival with decent traffic.

Washington being the SEC of the west has 3 boards with sustained traffic. UW dawg pound has bit into dawgman quite a bit, every article has anywhere from 20-200 comments. That's not bad for UW talk sans filth.

I check there mainly for concentrated links to Washington articles or updates on former players because the Doog in me loves that shit.

Then there's also crazy Ruth who has some sort of pull.

My long winded point being trying to monetize insight into Washington sports by breaking off into another faction was probably never going to work.

DDY could learn something from lispy Oregon fan and make drunken YouTube breakdowns to boost traffic. None of their "brands" are strong enough to support it as is.

I think the TSIO brand might be stronger than some folks here suspect.
    Agreed.
    Mad_Son said:

Doogles said:

Most big-time schools(SEC,B10) only have 1 concentrated board with live traffic. The elites usually have a second tier rival with decent traffic.

Washington being the SEC of the west has 3 boards with sustained traffic. UW dawg pound has bit into dawgman quite a bit, every article has anywhere from 20-200 comments. That's not bad for UW talk sans filth.

I check there mainly for concentrated links to Washington articles or updates on former players because the Doog in me loves that shit.

Then there's also crazy Ruth who has some sort of pull.

My long winded point being trying to monetize insight into Washington sports by breaking off into another faction was probably never going to work.

DDY could learn something from lispy Oregon fan and make drunken YouTube breakdowns to boost traffic. None of their "brands" are strong enough to support it as is.

I think the TSIO brand might be stronger than some folks here suspect.
    Yup. Lots of folks at the Rose Bowl tailgate that I spoke with said they only listened to the podcast.
    That's a small tailgate with only 12 people ...

in addition, it's kinda telling that there's a thread with like a billion page views and a million responses ... lamenting the fact that another site has shitty forums ...
  • SanchoSancho Member Posts: 251

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

I hate that the BDTW guys have basically vanished. Chest left years ago, so whatever. Also thought his goodbye post was bullshit. AIRWOLF was never super active here. I suppose our juvenile antics did not appeal. Whatever.

I do miss Dennis and Coker and Tequilla and LMC though. That's a rough four to "lose."

I had a number of talks with a couple of them before they left, and at least they exited in a classy Nebraska way. I can appreciate what they are trying to do. That said, it seems everyone who gets a little personal brand exposure and has any kind of vision for how they want things to work feels the need to leave and do their own thing. That blows. For all of us.

As others have mentioned, this isn't the SEC. And even the SEC teams don't have 4-5 sites vying for attention. You can only split the baby so many ways. Doogfarm and Roof have the retard and casual segment all sewn up. UWDawgPound has the normals. HH has the bomb throwers and degenerates. So now we needed BDTW for the metrics folks? I will agree they specialize in recruiting and game breakdowns as well, but you can also find game stuff on UWDP and recruiting for tards with Roof and the LPT. Sure BDTW might be better at that stuff, but it is still the same stuff. And now a 5th website for a Pac-12 team.

I just don't get it. Reminds me of Baptist churches in the deep south. A church starts out with 200 members. And every year there is some renegade breakoff because of religious purity, or some type of drama, or the need to be different. Some farmer gives the breakaways an acre of land and they throw up a church of their own. 15 years later you have 22 Baptist churches all in two square miles and a dozen people going to each one of them on Sundays. Splintered. And everyone winds up the worse for it.

I miss the value those guys brought to the bored. But like many of you, I don't have time to closely follow two sites. I have time for here. So there is no there. I don't even do Twatter, because I hate Twatter plus no time for it. I wish there would have been a way to keep them here, but they wanted to go their own way. We are all diminished for it. Them included.

Jesus Christ.

Jack off or something
    The best day of my life will be the day I blow up your house.
    My Tijuana shanty?
    Stay outa my hood pinche gringo
  • EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,856
    haie said:

I wasn't actually joking. You realize you can get vanilla for free if you know how to code.

Then again I'm solid in JavaScript and c# I have no need to learn fucking php

Don't believe all the .NET and node hipsters when it comes to php.

Through Amazon's auto-scaling hosting stacks and open source libraries online you can do things with php that would cost tens of thousands of dollars just for the packages and then months of painful base C# to do the equivalent in .NET. redis out of the box and native MySQL if you can't afford Enterprise quality databases.

It's one of the best decisions we ever made for one of our services that gets shit hammered almost 24 hours a day and costs us almost nothing to host and maintain.
    You sound upset

haie said:

I wasn't actually joking. You realize you can get vanilla for free if you know how to code.

Then again I'm solid in JavaScript and c# I have no need to learn fucking php

Don't believe all the .NET and node hipsters when it comes to php.

Through Amazon's auto-scaling hosting stacks and open source libraries online you can do things with php that would cost tens of thousands of dollars just for the packages and then months of painful base C# to do the equivalent in .NET. redis out of the box and native MySQL if you can't afford Enterprise quality databases.

It's one of the best decisions we ever made for one of our services that gets shit hammered almost 24 hours a day and costs us almost nothing to host and maintain.
    You sound upset
    He's got a lot of hate haie in his life.
  • dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

Their entire content base is “recruiting and talent over everything”.

So after the Cal loss, when it became abundantly clear that the issues are as much with coaching as anything else, no one wants to go to their shaky interfered boards and debate about why we lost because of recruiting

I think where some of the TBS burnout is coming from at the moment is we have a lot of 2017 four star kids who don't seem to be making an impact for us yet.
    That, and we have a coach that is unwilling to play the highly touted talent on offense
    It's either that or they suck. I know recruiting isn't about 1 single player, rather, it's about stockpiling talent. But if neither Osborne or Spiker end up, at least, 2nd team or All Pac or better, then a pox on TBSing!! I was assured these guys were all world, can't miss prospects.
    some of them might suck, but they almost certainly don't all suck.

and they aren't going to get better unless we play them.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

Case in point...

Classic TL;DR Teq poast. 135 views and 4 replies 11 hours in. Hell a @PurpleJ I EATIG post on my shitty little bored gets more traffic.

https://www.bowdown2washington.com/forum/bowdown-board/teq-thoughts-3-2-edition

One being a bullshitter reply from me(?).