Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I see dead sites

Comments

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,793

BDTW has awesome writers and I love reading that stuff, the forums are trash though

Agree. I go there for the articles (huh?). But even that spigot has turned down to a trickle.
    its hard
  • ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

Their entire content base is “recruiting and talent over everything”.

So after the Cal loss, when it became abundantly clear that the issues are as much with coaching as anything else, no one wants to go to their shaky interfered boards and debate about why we lost because of recruiting

I think where some of the TBS burnout is coming from at the moment is we have a lot of 2017 four star kids who don't seem to be making an impact for us yet.
    That, and we have a coach that is unwilling to play the highly touted talent on offense
    It's either that or they suck. I know recruiting isn't about 1 single player, rather, it's about stockpiling talent. But if neither Osborne or Spiker end up, at least, 2nd team or All Pac or better, then a pox on TBSing!! I was assured these guys were all world, can't miss prospects.
    I think Osborne and Bynum should have gotten more of a chance after all those drops. They aren’t going to go out there and kill tho. It’s very doogish to think they would.

It’s more about letting Fuller, Chico, and Opera Singer know they need to produce and that they don’t have guarantees to be featured players if they aren’t producing. It’s not really about Spiker or Osborne.

We play Newton. Last year we played Kirkland. Otton and Hunter Bryant played when they were young. The coaches don’t refuse to play young guys.

Yes, the offense is over complicated and I’m sure all the motions and shifts do big down young WR’s, but they wouldn’t be kept off the field if the coaches really thought they would make a difference.
    I'm still not sure I buy the overly complicated offense thing. Maybe it's just my reflexive contrarianism after hearing that gong sounded so many tims.
    Especially when you only see the same three routes run by our receivers.
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 25,507 Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

I'm basically the perfect mark for them and I've never visited the site. I spend thousands traveling around the country watching this team play, buying gear, buying books, donating to HH, etc.

They should have just brokered a deal with Derek and got a cut of wigwam money and posted their hot takes there.

This but I for one am glad to see them gone. Race gate was the last straw
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 15,425 Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

So after the Cal loss, when it became abundantly clear that the issues are as much with coaching as anything else, no one wants to go to their shaky interfered boards and debate about why we lost because of recruiting

I think where some of the TBS burnout is coming from at the moment is we have a lot of 2017 four star kids who don't seem to be making an impact for us yet.
    That, and we have a coach that is unwilling to play the highly touted talent on offense
    It's either that or they suck. I know recruiting isn't about 1 single player, rather, it's about stockpiling talent. But if neither Osborne or Spiker end up, at least, 2nd team or All Pac or better, then a pox on TBSing!! I was assured these guys were all world, can't miss prospects.
    I think Osborne and Bynum should have gotten more of a chance after all those drops. They aren’t going to go out there and kill tho. It’s very doogish to think they would.

It’s more about letting Fuller, Chico, and Opera Singer know they need to produce and that they don’t have guarantees to be featured players if they aren’t producing. It’s not really about Spiker or Osborne.

We play Newton. Last year we played Kirkland. Otton and Hunter Bryant played when they were young. The coaches don’t refuse to play young guys.

Yes, the offense is over complicated and I’m sure all the motions and shifts do big down young WR’s, but they wouldn’t be kept off the field if the coaches really thought they would make a difference.
    I'm still not sure I buy the overly complicated offense thing. Maybe it's just my reflexive contrarianism after hearing that gong sounded so many tims.
    @backthepack has been right. It's not our route concepts. It's that we run them out of twenty different positions with all kinds of pre-snap shifts/motions. <<<This is the over complicated part.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,347 Swaye's Wigwam

The content they produce is pretty great. The platform they have it on is not good, especially for mobile.

I literally can't use it on my older iPhone. Crashes the browser.

My unsolicited suggestion to @BD2W is change over to Wordpress & opensource Vanilla.

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    I like talented players it’s not hard
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,856

I like talented players it’s not hard

It's hard.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839

Adult podcasting drama. Only on HH. Jesus

This league!
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

@backthepack has been right. It's not our route concepts. It's that we run them out of twenty different positions with all kinds of pre-snap shifts/motions. <<<This is the over complicated part.</p>
    Again, I don’t think it should be that complicated. Well, maybe communicating it with signals.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,364
    digits said:

What I glean from all of this is at least we? still have an extremely passionate fan base that still gives a fuck about Husky Football.

I know of many UW alumi/Husky fans that completely gave up after the Willingham years, and I don't blame them.

It's unforgivable what UW did to Husky football during those dark years, not to mention how they handled the NCAA/Pac10 sanctions of the 90s.

The athletic department should feel damn lucky that anyone still cares at all.

Doog here..... Husky Homerism is live and well and will continue to grow. This place thrives on adversity and owen12 or 12-0 means we are 1 loss away from calamity.....which this place thrives on. If you could take all these idiots on HCH and fill the stadium with them, it would be the most badass gayme experience ever.

2 dads are better than 1

TD;DR
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,169

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

Yes, the offense is over complicated and I’m sure all the motions and shifts bog down young WR’s, but they wouldn’t be kept off the field if the coaches really thought they would make a difference.
    How does that make sense? It's not like that need to be motivated to just their asses in the offseason. They are gone in a few months. Unless their priorities are 1) be on the field 2) drop passes then this isn't sending them a useful message. The reason this does make sense is to let the best players play, and if the young guys prove more competent so be it.