Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I see dead sites

Comments

• EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    edited September 2019

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

The content they produce is pretty great. The platform they have it on is not good, especially for mobile.

Air wolf, data dawg, and kodiak have had some excellent content which I have enjoyed and found worthwhile. My bitchy ass, selfish complaint remains that we're better all under one roof and I wish they were still posting here.
    Agreed, I dont really get their vision or why they felt the need to break off but whatever. Atleast it was done a better than than Chest and LittleJimmy and Friday Harbor. I guess they are trying to split the baby between here, dawgman, ruth, and reddit. I always thought the OG HHB coaching matters, fuck perspective philosophy naturally balanced really well with their new-age teen boy above all obsession.

DDY brand is tailor made for here where he can spew semi coherent recruiting insight wrapped in racism while disregarding actual coaching. People can argue with him on a relatively neutral ground about how fucking retarded he is for wanting to start Wellington over BBK and everything is fine, no one really cares.

Coker seems like a really nice guy that just wants to speak the truth about high school boys talent. Trying to monetize such a weird niche hobby in THIS free internet without a massive personal following or established community seems useless. IMO, he would do better being an active member here with a linked patreon account where people could directly donate to him for specific high level ideas and articles he wants to do that get posted to the front page (also rip).

TLDR: I like talking with those guys here, but its kinda weird to go argue with them on their own semi serious website that they made, that they run, about some attempt at a high level topic... Doesnt feel right calling DDY an elitist blackface wearing racist homo with a side of syphilitic moron in his own home while he is hosting an open house with a bunch of normals... idk...
    They want to give non-doogs, who are offended by HH a place to be. HH without the #filth.
    I was listening to the Jimmy and Chester show, and chest was joking about handjobs and cunnilingus from the cheerleaders as Dawg Pack 4th quarter prizes. I wasn't in The Pit when Chester made his schism, but seems it had something to do with filth... What am I missing here?
    Chest never left the Pit that I'm aware of. He was there when I got there and there when I left and a particularly *huge* fan of the Pit perversions (which were far greater than HHB or HH or any other UW specific site).

His split with HH never made any sense to me in that particular context.
    Pit, was the the YUKU bored thingie?
    Pit > HHB > anime fan board > HH

Edit: maybe I'm out of my depth. Didn't the pit pre-date HHB, where Kim could let his hair down? @RaceBannon help me out here.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Emoterman said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

The content they produce is pretty great. The platform they have it on is not good, especially for mobile.

Air wolf, data dawg, and kodiak have had some excellent content which I have enjoyed and found worthwhile. My bitchy ass, selfish complaint remains that we're better all under one roof and I wish they were still posting here.
    Agreed, I dont really get their vision or why they felt the need to break off but whatever. Atleast it was done a better than than Chest and LittleJimmy and Friday Harbor. I guess they are trying to split the baby between here, dawgman, ruth, and reddit. I always thought the OG HHB coaching matters, fuck perspective philosophy naturally balanced really well with their new-age teen boy above all obsession.

DDY brand is tailor made for here where he can spew semi coherent recruiting insight wrapped in racism while disregarding actual coaching. People can argue with him on a relatively neutral ground about how fucking retarded he is for wanting to start Wellington over BBK and everything is fine, no one really cares.

Coker seems like a really nice guy that just wants to speak the truth about high school boys talent. Trying to monetize such a weird niche hobby in THIS free internet without a massive personal following or established community seems useless. IMO, he would do better being an active member here with a linked patreon account where people could directly donate to him for specific high level ideas and articles he wants to do that get posted to the front page (also rip).

TLDR: I like talking with those guys here, but its kinda weird to go argue with them on their own semi serious website that they made, that they run, about some attempt at a high level topic... Doesnt feel right calling DDY an elitist blackface wearing racist homo with a side of syphilitic moron in his own home while he is hosting an open house with a bunch of normals... idk...
    They want to give non-doogs, who are offended by HH a place to be. HH without the #filth.
    I was listening to the Jimmy and Chester show, and chest was joking about handjobs and cunnilingus from the cheerleaders as Dawg Pack 4th quarter prizes. I wasn't in The Pit when Chester made his schism, but seems it had something to do with filth... What am I missing here?
    Chest never left the Pit that I'm aware of. He was there when I got there and there when I left and a particularly *huge* fan of the Pit perversions (which were far greater than HHB or HH or any other UW specific site).

HH filth was bad for his brand (getting access to the AD).
    Seems people are getting hung up on the semantics of what bored he quit. I'm aware he quit this bored, and from what I hear it was because of filth. Then on his attempt at stardom, he's advocating whoring out the cheerleaders like a fucking 8th grader. It doesn't compute for me.
    They churched it up for maybe six months upon the infamous content-improving move to Friday Harbor and Tiny Radio(?) outlet. Chester even purged his twatter of all #filth and HCH references. Shit, I think they had Jimmy Lake as a guest at one poont during that stint. The Friday Harbor thing ended, I don't know why, and the scat humor has crept back in. I think that skid mark on the internet Howlin' Hooskie took over the Friday Harbor thing.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

It was EZBoards when I got there, switched over to Yuku at some point much to the chagrin of many (I think @BennyBeaver was an avid fan of the "Fuck Yuku" post).

It was a secret bored when I was there, I think at some point after I left they made it public.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Emoterman said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

HH filth was bad for his brand (getting access to the AD).
    Seems people are getting hung up on the semantics of what bored he quit. I'm aware he quit this bored, and from what I hear it was because of filth. Then on his attempt at stardom, he's advocating whoring out the cheerleaders like a fucking 8th grader. It doesn't compute for me.
    I would guess he gave up on the AD access attempt.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,486 Standard Supporter
    Shit, forgot about that one.
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,110

dnc said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

It was EZBoards when I got there, switched over to Yuku at some point much to the chagrin of many (I think @BennyBeaver was an avid fan of the "Fuck Yuku" post).

It was a secret bored when I was there, I think at some point after I left they made it public.
    I can never remember how I found that site. I do remember that's where I was bated into getting Meatspun.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

His split with HH was driven by the AD.... which plenty of people warned them about...

It started when their podcast actually got someone of mild importance on and people here actually typed up thoughtful but challenging questions they wanted asked... They softballed the interview and then defended their pussy interview with bullshit.

Have people fogotten that @HeretoBeatmyChest posted his own gloves off post about @RaceBannon and @DerekJohnson when he got pissy that everyone here realized he had been leashed by the AD?

Chest and a partially by extension Jimmy "Fredo" Cornell went full AIDS retard... They nearly took @RoadDawg55 from us with them.

I bolded my favorite parts from Chests rant for those with ADHD

#NeverForget #NotAgain

Derek Johnson of HardcoreHusky helped our podcast get off the ground. I am thankful for that. However, its a bit rich to hear that he made the show and now I want to shit on him.

This statement comes from Race Bannon, a cult hero among misfit husky fans, former writer for Dawgman.com and legend in his own mind. I enjoy Race’s DuckFighter Illustrated. His satire is great. However, as senility and dementia, or both creep in, Race’s memory and thoughts are not too lucid.

Initially Derek did not support the podcast. When he did not post a link, others on his website asked why. Derek thought the podcast was juvenile and repetitive. Not that I disagreed then.

As Hardcore Husky grew so did the podcast. However, other sources also fueled the growth of the podcast and the podcast itself helped Hardcore Husky grow.

In fact, the HuskyFanPodcast, the only legitimate podcast focused exclusively on Husky Football spawned or inspired the creation of a handful of other podcasts. Derek himself started his own podcast thanks to my encouragement. Then a few others started their own recruiting focused podcast. A Hardcore Husky Radio Network was spawned.

Oh and I should also mention the one listener we had who hated us started his own podcast, as well as two guys from UWDawgpound (who also mildly objected to our cast) and Dawgman.com started doing regular podcasts.

But Derek made us?

Nevermind the roughly $500 I’ve spent hosting the site plus many hours researching and preparing for shows and generating the insights that 99% of fans can’t generate and asking the questions that most professionals won’t ask.

Derek made us?

Sadly, this isn’t the worst of Race’s thoughts in recent months. There was the one where he tried to compare the UW 2015 football team to the UW 2000 team (in an effort to support his biased, pathetic and incorrect coach hating view). I shit you not.

And the constant bashing of metrics and advanced analytics….which programs use, big business uses, etc…because its predictive! It’s like a leading indicator. When Race and his ilk correctly bashed Sark in 2010-2011 they pointed out the constant blowouts, lack of wins against good teams etc. They were making a metrics based argument but didn’t know it.

Now when the metrics favor UW, it’s meaningless bullshit.

(Race also was down on Pete Carroll early in his 3rd year despite strong metrics in year 2 (2011) when the Seahawks lost 5 games by a total of 18 points. In fact Carroll’s year 2 vs. year 1 with the Hawks is quite similar to Petersen’s year 2 vs. year 1 with UW).

HardcoreHusky and Derek Johnson will have to change with the times or the website and community will die a slow death.

At the end of Steve Sarkisian’s tenure, there was a need for a critical voice. Sark ordered Kim Grinolds of Dawgman.com to get his message boards under control. He allegedly sternly asked Kim if he wanted to be WalMart or Nordstrom (in regards to his clientele). Nevermind that WalMart makes a fuckton more. And remember Molly Yanity speaking to how Sark edited Greg Bell’s stories before he published them?

That is why we started the podcast and supported HardcoreHusky. There was a desperate need for a critical voice because there was none. And there was no need for proper decorum or etiquette.

While Derek and Race predicted Sark would be the coach at UW forever as long as he won 7-8 games, I before the start of the 2013 season predicted Sark would leave within two years. I was right, which is becoming commonplace lately.

(I also wrote that Mark Helfrich sucked before the NC game and would lead Oregon to regress as a program. I was viciously attacked by HardcoreHusky posters, yet I was obviously right).

Anyway, a championship coach fell into UW’s lap and he has his team poised to be very good this season and the years ahead. The problem for HardcoreHusky is it thrives on UW losing and fucking things up. Race and his ilk are stuck in 2005. When Petersen takes the program to a higher level, HardcoreHusky will lose its essence.

Unfortunately for Derek, he will also be at a crossroads soon. Will he continue to shell out hundreds of bucks a month so people can essentially continue to make derogatory comments about specific players, coaches and AD personnel? Note I said derogatory and not critical. It’s fine to say Jen Cohen would be a bad AD. But you can’t make derogatory comments about her.

Or will Derek take the advice I gave him, clean up his site and then be able to get back into writing with UW’s blessing? He needs to do what I told him to do and what I did or his career as a Husky writer will be over. That would be a shame because I like his books and he needs to write a book about how Petersen revitalized the program. This is a guy who was friends with Don James and knows many former players personally. (Sadly it will probably be Fetters from Dawgman.com who writes said book and we won’t get to hear about Sark’s ridiculous relationship with Dawgman.com).

But according to Race I’m shitting on Derek now.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/28960/huskyfanpodcast-ready-to-roll-against-race-and-dj/p1
    This is deserve its own thread
  • whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    Not trying to be a dick but where is the value added? The content is very similar to what you see here. I really don't see any differentiation.
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,309

Houhusky said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

His split with HH was driven by the AD.... which plenty of people warned them about...

It started when their podcast actually got someone of mild importance on and people here actually typed up thoughtful but challenging questions they wanted asked... They softballed the interview and then defended their pussy interview with bullshit.

Have people fogotten that @HeretoBeatmyChest posted his own gloves off post about @RaceBannon and @DerekJohnson when he got pissy that everyone here realized he had been leashed by the AD?

Chest and a partially by extension Jimmy "Fredo" Cornell went full AIDS retard... They nearly took @RoadDawg55 from us with them.

I bolded my favorite parts from Chests rant for those with ADHD

#NeverForget #NotAgain

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/28960/huskyfanpodcast-ready-to-roll-against-race-and-dj/p1
    It was Adam fucking Jude that prompted all of this. Imagine selling your soul for the Jude.
    LOL that interview with Jude was so painful. Chest was stuttering like he was talking to the POTUS on live tv
    Did Jude at least hook him up with some Mountain Dew?
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 35,012 Founders Club
    Everyone wants to be a sports writer these days.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,631 Founders Club
    Emoterman said:

dnc said:

Emoterman said:

Mad_Son said:

Houhusky said:

Pit > HHB > anime fan board > HH

Edit: maybe I'm out of my depth. Didn't the pit pre-date HHB, where Kim could let his hair down? @RaceBannon help me out here.
    Yes