Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I see dead sites

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I completely forgot about that site in the wake of the Cal disaster.

I think that's same for most.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,700
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Their message boards are doogman 2.0
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

Their entire content base is “recruiting and talent over everything”.

So after the Cal loss, when it became abundantly clear that the issues are as much with coaching as anything else, no one wants to go to their shaky interfered boards and debate about why we lost because of recruiting

I think where some of the TBS burnout is coming from at the moment is we have a lot of 2017 four star kids who don't seem to be making an impact for us yet.
    That, and we have a coach that is unwilling to play the highly touted talent on offense
    It's either that or they suck. I know recruiting isn't about 1 single player, rather, it's about stockpiling talent. But if neither Osborne or Spiker end up, at least, 2nd team or All Pac or better, then a pox on TBSing!! I was assured these guys were all world, can't miss prospects.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Their entire content base is “recruiting and talent over everything”.

So after the Cal loss, when it became abundantly clear that the issues are as much with coaching as anything else, no one wants to go to their shaky interfered boards and debate about why we lost because of recruiting

To quote a great poster. “Winners win, losers talk about recruiting”

So fuck those guys unless they fixes their user experience. Great fucking content, just can’t read it
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I've reached the point where I just look at the Board of Director's Twatters once every few days to see if they post a link to an article or breakdown and then I read that. Other than that, I never go to the website or click on the forum at all.

SAD!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I've reached the point where I just look at the Board of Director's Twatters once every few days to see if they post a link to an article or breakdown and then I read that. Other than that, I never go to the website or click on the forum at all.

SAD!

I was first & right to opine the crap platform would hold them back.
    True. I remember.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

I tried to like it. I really tried. But I am not smart enough to follow all of that metric shit and my attention span is too short to listen to hardcore game breakdowns. Evidently slow and stupid is not their target audience. But be slow and stupid here and you get a bored named after you, mod powers, and win the National Championship!

HH is pretty much Shangri La for losers.

This is why you and I are kindred spirits even though we have nothing in common (well, that's not exactly true, but still). Neither one of us really knows shit about X's and O's hawt talk and would be doomed to fail on a higher level discussion only bored. But we've got shtick (even though your brand skull fucked mine) and if you've got shtick you can thrive at HH.
    I like the X & O's shit. The Squints dude who posted there once, that was good chit.

The metrics shit just looses me. I still don't understand what meaning metrics have beyond just some more entertainment on our? favorite sport, or for gambling. The seeming drive to win on a chart instead of the field, I don't get it.