Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some watch shots

Comments

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Tokyo Olympics Collection
    En fuego.

• Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter

Tokyo Olympics Collection
    En fuego.

I dig the white one.
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member Posts: 1,796

USMChawk said:

So Swaye, these are two that are rapidly gaining in my short list...IFL like the late 50's vintage looking pieces. They just scream Bond with the cig lighter in Goldfinger.

Jomashop is having a sale on Tudors. You can get an additional $500.00 off with the code SDTU500. I can’t find this exact color combo though.

https://www.jomashop.com/tudor-black-bay-s-g-watch-m79733n-0006.html
    @USMChawk is Joma new or used watches?
    They’re new.
  • spudenspuden Member Posts: 358
    I’m here because I’d rather look at Swaye’s watches than the putrid offense Peterman keeps rolling out. Is he not aware it’s legal to have dynamic receivers in games!???
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    spuden said:

I’m here because I’d rather look at Swaye’s watches than the putrid offense Peterman keeps rolling out. Is he not aware it’s legal to have dynamic receivers in games!???

So @spuden Magnum wore a Pepsi GMT right?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club

Swaye said:

Ok fags. This watch is legit. Not my most expensive watch, but certainly the rarest (in this condition). Totally unpolished, unmolested, 1 owner watch in original condition from 1984. This thing is fantastic. Even the paperwork is fantastic and complete - another rarity. Took me almost two years to find this watch in just this condition. Known as the Root Beer in many circles, but also the "nipple dial" (not kidding), Tigers Eye, and most impressively the Clint Eastwood - as it was Clint's favorite watch for about 20 years and worn in several movies. Legendary watch, and in legendary condition. Fuck yeah.

It's legitimately hideous.
    You are so gay.

spuden said:

spuden said:

Indeed. Was looking for a Pepsi, but found a Coke that was right price/condition so I pulled trigger. Going to try and pick up a Pepsi bezel insert soon so I can change it up. But honestly, the Coke has been growing on me.
    spuden said:

spuden said:

Indeed. Was looking for a Pepsi, but found a Coke that was right price/condition so I pulled trigger. Going to try and pick up a Pepsi bezel insert soon so I can change it up. But honestly, the Coke has been growing on me.
    I have been looking for an late 80's early 90s unmolested full set 16700/16710 Pepsi for years now. Found a great set (unpolished/near mint) for 12K a couple years ago but thought it was too much. I'd kill to find it for 12K now. Try 16K. If you can find one. 90% of the "unpolished" watches out there have been polished. Almost need to find a one owner watch, which is a unicorn. That's why I got that 16753 that fag @BennyBeaver thinks is hideous...one owner watch in a totally unfucked with state. Getting SUPER hard to find those at the 30 year and older mark. They are all in safes of collectors appreciating.
    edited November 2019
    Swaye said:

spuden said:

spuden said:

I have been looking for an late 80's early 90s unmolested full set 16700/16710 Pepsi for years now. Found a great set (unpolished/near mint) for 12K a couple years ago but thought it was too much. I'd kill to find it for 12K now. Try 16K. If you can find one. 90% of the "unpolished" watches out there have been polished. Almost need to find a one owner watch, which is a unicorn. That's why I got that 16753 that fag @BennyBeaver thinks is hideous...one owner watch in a totally unfucked with state. Getting SUPER hard to find those at the 30 year and older mark. They are all in safes of collectors appreciating.
    Yeah, I would love to find the same. I love the faded Pepsi’s where the red has faded to a pink. Ultimately I just had to go with a reputable seller and hope the pictures were accurate because I didn’t want to get fisted. My dream would be to find a late 80’s Pepsi in an estate sale that’s been kept in a safe for the last 20 years...but thats not realistic. If you ever find two of those, let me know.

Oh, and Benny is clearly a ra tard. That 16753 is nails.
    spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

spuden said:

Yeah, I would love to find the same. I love the faded Pepsi’s where the red has faded to a pink. Ultimately I just had to go with a reputable seller and hope the pictures were accurate because I didn’t want to get fisted. My dream would be to find a late 80’s Pepsi in an estate sale that’s been kept in a safe for the last 20 years...but thats not realistic. If you ever find two of those, let me know.

I actually know a major GMT collector that has a private collection that would make your eyes water. Seriously, half a million dollars worth of GMTs from the 60's to present. Fuchsia bezel Pepsi's, NOS 16700's, untouched 16750's and 16760's...the works. Unreal high grade vintage watches. He has a 16710 on JUBILEE (!!!!) sold as a jubilee X serial from 1991, full set, all documentation, worn all of about 10 times in 30 years and has been sitting in his safe since the year 2000. Unreal specimen. I have been asking him for a year to sell it to me and he won't let it go. These high grade watches are so fucking hard to find now. If he ever lets it go I will pay whatever he asks, even if I have to let one of mine go to do it.

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

spuden said:

Only $35 K to Bob, can get you a vintage 1966 faded Pepsi

https://www.bobswatches.com/vintage-1966-rolex-gmt-master-1675-glossy-dial.html
    You could find a much better example with a bunch of looking but it will set you back 50-60K.

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

spuden said:

I actually know a major GMT collector that has a private collection that would make your eyes water. Seriously, half a million dollars worth of GMTs from the 60's to present. Fuchsia bezel Pepsi's, NOS 16700's, untouched 16750's and 16760's...the works. Unreal high grade vintage watches. He has a 16710 on JUBILEE (!!!!) sold as a jubilee X serial from 1991, full set, all documentation, worn all of about 10 times in 30 years and has been sitting in his safe since the year 2000. Unreal specimen. I have been asking him for a year to sell it to me and he won't let it go. These high grade watches are so fucking hard to find now. If he ever lets it go I will pay whatever he asks, even if I have to let one of mine go to do it.
    God my old man was such a douche canoe driving around in a shinny new 911 Carerra 4 and Coke GMT II.
    Lol...I’m with Swaye, severely misspelled bad ass...that’s living the dream
    Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

spuden said:

My issue is I already spent right on the border of what i felt comfortable with, but it’s close to being so much that I baby it and don’t want to get it dirty. A vintage or NOS 16700 and I would want to put it in a glass display case and be terrified of ever wearing it. A good problem to have I suppose...
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958 Standard Supporter
    edited November 2019

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

spuden said:

God my old man was such a douche canoe driving around in a shinny new 911 Carerra 4 and Coke GMT II.
    You misspelled bad ass.
    Funny story time. My mom had a life size Tom Selleck poster in their closet when I was a kid. She thought he was sexy AF. I think the GMT and sports car was in some way trying to look the part by my old man. The 911 was only $80000 in 1990. Lulz.
    Uh, peak Tom Selleck was sexy AF. Scientific fact. Case closed. End of discussion.