Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some watch shots

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,525
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Oh yeah, almost for to show my favorite watch again.

36 years old, but currently in LA getting serviced.

Oh yeah, picked up this gem a few months ago as well:

That's 5 of my current watches. No plans to flip any of them. I have 8 watches in total right now, and I am very happy with the collection.

I know AUDEMARS PIGUET is a very high end watch but I find them to be ugly as sin. I’m just boring I suppose.
    Its an acquired taste but once you "get it" they are super super nice. Unreal finish and the most comfortable bracelet in the business. I love it. And that watch is very hard to get a hold of. The Jumbo 15202.
    Something about the Audemars says "Tesla truck" to me.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

4) People still make friendship bracelets?

Why should Preston have one and not Swaye?
    Swaye’s a grown man for starters.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2020

Swaye said:

I suppose I should add a couple since it's been quite awhile.

1) LOVE the FP JOURne watch! I’ve always loved their aesthetic.

Journe are some of the finest watches made today. I simply love them, and his story. Only downside is he's French, but his watches are sublime.

2) Dig the Piguet. I like how it has a very industrial (for lack of a better word) feel. Very unique.

AP is in the Holy Trinity, and this watch is Gerald Genta's masterwork in my mind.

3) “Oregon Ducks” Daytona? Really @Swaye?

Where's my bleach?

My niece sends them to me from the reservation.

• Options
    Founders Club

Why should Preston have one and not Swaye?
    Swaye’s a grown man for starters.
    God I love you.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    I have it on good authority a baller watch may be showing up in this thread soon. Not mine either.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

I have it on good authority a baller watch may be showing up in this thread soon. Not mine either.

I’ll bet it’s gonna be Uber awesome.
    @Yousef_#1UberDriver, true?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    @Swaye - I really want this Chronometre Bleu:

What do you think of the FP Journes vs. A.Lange Sohne watches?
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Hola. So, I hope you have a hook up to get the CB, or deep pockets. The waiting list is closed at 8 years worldwide for the watch. It is really remarkable to see a "dress" watch with an 8 year waiting list that's so deep they closed it. FPJ also recently cut production in half going forward, so the aftermarket market prices have exploded. Watch is right around 25K at retail from a Boutique, but the last verified sale I know from a dealer a month ago went for 42K, then 2 weeks later one popped for 45K. This is a watch you could get all day long for 30K 8 months ago. It has simply exploded in the last 6 months. Asking prices are 50K now on Chrono24 (and up for total pie in the sky douchenozles). I can tell you, I like the watch, but I get antsy when anything shoots up so far so fast. I put my money toward watches i love, but that I thought were relative value propositions within the line (Havana dial [very low production and super unique dial] and Salmon Centigraphe [only 16 ever made with Salmon dial and also discontinued]).

If you can find a CB for any kind of reasonable price then it's a killer watch, but just be advised you are paying a PM AND complication price for a non-PM and zero complication watch. That dial though....

ALS vs FPJ. So, the 1815 Chronograph and Datograph are two of the finest watches ever made in my mind. The finishing is impeccable. At the same time, while I think ALS is top of the game in dress watches, they do feel very "German" on the wrist. Very precise, almost clinical. FPJ is right there with them in finish, slight edge to ALS, but FPJ has more interesting complications, and the way FPJs are presented is like nothing else in the watch world. He has a design philosophy that is unmatched imho. You cannot mistake a FPJ for anything else. Whimsical. High end wearable art.

And, on my wrist, the FPJs just wear better. They are slimmer, and more rounded. ALS are exceptional, but feel a tad blocky to me. FPJs wear like a dream. Low and snug. Perfection. And wearability is important when you are dropping 40-50K on a watch. Lastly, I like that most FPJs can do double duty as a weekender. You can dress them up and down MUCH easier than an ALS. The strap removal button on FPJ is also worth it's weight in gold - both my FPJs have two strap options and it is nice to swap them out in 15 seconds or less with no risk of scratching. Not a small detail.

HTH. Black dials tell the tale below. Blocky and very much German precision, vs svelte fit and whimsical yet unmistakable design. Both top of the game. Patek sucks comparatively. Seriously.

I don’t understand what is happening.
    The two watches I showed are around 85K brand new, so don't try to understand. It will only hurt you in the end by freakishly tall friend.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,087
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Hola. So, I hope you have a hook up to get the CB, or deep pockets. The waiting list is closed at 8 years worldwide for the watch. It is really remarkable to see a "dress" watch with an 8 year waiting list that's so deep they closed it. FPJ also recently cut production in half going forward, so the aftermarket market prices have exploded. Watch is right around 25K at retail from a Boutique, but the last verified sale I know from a dealer a month ago went for 42K, then 2 weeks later one popped for 45K. This is a watch you could get all day long for 30K 8 months ago. It has simply exploded in the last 6 months. Asking prices are 50K now on Chrono24 (and up for total pie in the sky douchenozles). I can tell you, I like the watch, but I get antsy when anything shoots up so far so fast. I put my money toward watches i love, but that I thought were relative value propositions within the line (Havana dial [very low production and super unique dial] and Salmon Centigraphe [only 16 ever made with Salmon dial and also discontinued]).

If you can find a CB for any kind of reasonable price then it's a killer watch, but just be advised you are paying a PM AND complication price for a non-PM and zero complication watch. That dial though....

ALS vs FPJ. So, the 1815 Chronograph and Datograph are two of the finest watches ever made in my mind. The finishing is impeccable. At the same time, while I think ALS is top of the game in dress watches, they do feel very "German" on the wrist. Very precise, almost clinical. FPJ is right there with them in finish, slight edge to ALS, but FPJ has more interesting complications, and the way FPJs are presented is like nothing else in the watch world. He has a design philosophy that is unmatched imho. You cannot mistake a FPJ for anything else. Whimsical. High end wearable art.

And, on my wrist, the FPJs just wear better. They are slimmer, and more rounded. ALS are exceptional, but feel a tad blocky to me. FPJs wear like a dream. Low and snug. Perfection. And wearability is important when you are dropping 40-50K on a watch. Lastly, I like that most FPJs can do double duty as a weekender. You can dress them up and down MUCH easier than an ALS. The strap removal button on FPJ is also worth it's weight in gold - both my FPJs have two strap options and it is nice to swap them out in 15 seconds or less with no risk of scratching. Not a small detail.

HTH. Black dials tell the tale below. Blocky and very much German precision, vs svelte fit and whimsical yet unmistakable design. Both top of the game. Patek sucks comparatively. Seriously.

I don’t understand what is happening.
    The two watches I showed are around 85K brand new, so don't try to understand. It will only hurt you in the end by freakishly tall friend.
    It’s good that I excel at sucking up to my relatives for hand me down luxury Swiss watches. Otherwise, I’m too pour to be in the watch game.
    If you're looking for a deal on a Vincero, I know a guy