Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some watch shots

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Beautiful watch Baze! All those Uber Eats runs have paid off.

Curious, will you use all the features (stop watch, etc. etc.)?

Looks rather complicated. Hope it came with documentation.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited February 2020

BTW @Doog_de_Jour, I think this watch would look good on you. Actually, the original owner was a woman.

Really? Interesting. You do see more women sporting Daytonas.

Oh, and I’d make *any* watch look good.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

BTW @Doog_de_Jour, I think this watch would look good on you. Actually, the original owner was a woman.

Your humility is one of the many things I appreciate about you on this board.

Yes, some women wear Daytonas. The more rounded bezel perhaps gives it a more feminine look?! It's definitely not the more square, chunky bezel you'd find on a GMT or a Sub.

I'm sure I'm fucking up the terminology trying to describe the bezels, but I'm just a novice. I'm sure Swaye will correct me.
    Strong AGREE! GMTs and Subs do read too masculine for most women because of those bezels.

The Daytona seems like the Rolex for gals who want something sporty.

These are really lovely...

On Posh Spice...

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

How many watches do you think you need for various situations?

So far I’ve got:

-Sport/weekend/outdoor (2)

-Nightlife: all black or flashy AF depending on your style (1)

-Office/business casual (2-3)

-Formal: brown/black/silver/gold combinations to match rest of outfit (4)

So about 10 total watches, maybe 1-2 fewer if you have some crossover in the above categories.

What say you?

Hard to say. I've had as many as 18 and as few as 6. I could get by on 5-6 if I had to, but really like 7-8 usually.

Couple of dress watches. Really only need one.

Beater or two or three in SS.

Business casual SS.

Full PM weekender.

Evening out fun/business combo watch.

Pretty well covers it.
    SS?

Full PM?

Huh?

Stainless Steel

Precious Metal

I am going to up your watch game.
    I’m pretty slow strategy despite growing up on the wrong side of the tracks. I’m not sure there’s anywhere to go but up.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Yes, some women wear Daytonas. The more rounded bezel perhaps gives it a more feminine look?! It's definitely not the more square, chunky bezel you'd find on a GMT or a Sub.

I'm sure I'm fucking up the terminology trying to describe the bezels, but I'm just a novice. I'm sure Swaye will correct me.
    Strong AGREE! GMTs and Subs do read too masculine for most women because of those bezels.

The Daytona seems like the Rolex for gals who want something sporty.

These are really lovely...

On Posh Spice...

You would look great in a Daytona. They even have a really slick Mother of Pearl dial with diamonds combo that lots of baller chicks wear.

• Options
    Founders Club

You nailed it. A Daytona wears more like a slim 39MM watch. It is perfect for a woman who wants to go super sporty with a touch of class.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I get FedEx packages. This was like Christmas in February.

As with any watch, there's a story. I had had my eye on this model Daytona for several months. Last week, I found this used one on DavidSW. The warranty card is dated July 3, 2017. Anyway, I sent the link to the Rolex Yoda Jedi Master Swaye. This year's goal for me was to either get this Daytona or a Bluesy Sub, whichever one may become available. The more I thought about it, the more the Daytona became a priority, especially since I own a 2019 Ducati Supersport S and I would prefer to have a watch with racing lineage to go with the bike. Anyway, back to what Swaye had to say. He suggested I go ahead and buy this watch now and not wait. The price was good and who cares about the watch being almost 3 years into its warranty. So, I went ahead and bought it. Interestingly enough, DavidSW has a brand-new Bluesy for a decent price and it's been sitting there for at least a week now. So, I'm not worried about finding one in the future if I so choose. Also, quite honestly, I won't pick up a Bluesy unless I get to see one in person and try it on (Swaye also recommended not to have too many TTs in my collection). I may even consider buying another Daytona down the line, one with a ceramic bezel.

Without further ado, here are the pictures.

Here's my entire collection.

Just to think I started this back in June. Again, many thanks to Swaye for his guidance.

The Divers are definitely everyday watches. I've worn the Aquis to work on several occasions. The Datejust has been on my wrist for a couple of social occasions. The Daytona is going to be on my wrist any time I'm on the Ducati or the Ninja.

I've been Ubering harder than ever to pay for all this.

Thats gonna get Bazey the chicks
  • Options
    Founders Club

I get FedEx packages. This was like Christmas in February.

As with any watch, there's a story. I had had my eye on this model Daytona for several months. Last week, I found this used one on DavidSW. The warranty card is dated July 3, 2017. Anyway, I sent the link to the Rolex Yoda Jedi Master Swaye. This year's goal for me was to either get this Daytona or a Bluesy Sub, whichever one may become available. The more I thought about it, the more the Daytona became a priority, especially since I own a 2019 Ducati Supersport S and I would prefer to have a watch with racing lineage to go with the bike. Anyway, back to what Swaye had to say. He suggested I go ahead and buy this watch now and not wait. The price was good and who cares about the watch being almost 3 years into its warranty. So, I went ahead and bought it. Interestingly enough, DavidSW has a brand-new Bluesy for a decent price and it's been sitting there for at least a week now. So, I'm not worried about finding one in the future if I so choose. Also, quite honestly, I won't pick up a Bluesy unless I get to see one in person and try it on (Swaye also recommended not to have too many TTs in my collection). I may even consider buying another Daytona down the line, one with a ceramic bezel.

Without further ado, here are the pictures.

Here's my entire collection.

Just to think I started this back in June. Again, many thanks to Swaye for his guidance.

The Divers are definitely everyday watches. I've worn the Aquis to work on several occasions. The Datejust has been on my wrist for a couple of social occasions. The Daytona is going to be on my wrist any time I'm on the Ducati or the Ninja.

I've been Ubering harder than ever to pay for all this.

Thats gonna get Bazey the chicks
    If the watches fail him, the suicide vests always work.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,522
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited February 2020
    Where do people go for nice aftermarket straps? Trying to decide if I want to go nato or...? A friend referred me to crownandbuckle.com.

• Options
    Founders Club

Where do people go for nice aftermarket straps? Trying to decide if I want to go nato or...? A friend referred me to crownandbuckle.com.

If you want bad ass custom shit try Combat Straps.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

If you want bad ass custom shit try Combat Straps.
    @Swaye you are truly a baller because those straps cost as much or more than I paid for the watch!
    Well, they are the best. Lulz.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    edited February 2020
    I sexted this picture to a few HCH watch frens, but decided to poast it here anyway, because it's so fugly.

Money can't buy you taste.

• Options
    Founders Club

I sexted this picture to a few HCH watch frens, but decided to poast it here anyway, because it's so fugly.

Rich people buy dumb shit.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Swaye said:

Especially rich MEs...
    Middle Easterners?
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Especially rich MEs...
    Middle Easterners?
    Yesssssssssssssssssss