Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some watch shots

Comments

• spudenspuden Member Posts: 358
    Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

The faded Bazel is tricky. A little fade looks cool I think. I don’t like some of these GMTs wear it’s faded all to hell.

Agree.

Need to figure out a way to quickly (I.e. chemically) fade bezel inserts sell them and profit...but I’d probably just pour that back into watches anyway. But I’m with you guys on liking faded inserts vs the ghosted ones that have turned light gray or some shit. I think I’ve seen Blueberry inserts selling for Up to $20k. For a fucking bezel insert. That’s just dumb.
    And with there being so much controversy as to whether blueberrys are even real makes it quite a risky way to spend 20K. I have seen fuchsia bezels going for 5K. It's crazy.
    Yeah, I saw a thread on TRF about blueberry inserts, some dudes were pretty adamant they aren’t real. Are fuscia bezels faded Pepsi’s? Or, is that something else?
  • USMChawkUSMChawk Member Posts: 1,796
    spuden said:

Swaye said:

The faded Bazel is tricky. A little fade looks cool I think. I don’t like some of these GMTs wear it’s faded all to hell.

Agree.

Need to figure out a way to quickly (I.e. chemically) fade bezel inserts sell them and profit...but I’d probably just pour that back into watches anyway. But I’m with you guys on liking faded inserts vs the ghosted ones that have turned light gray or some shit. I think I’ve seen Blueberry inserts selling for Up to $20k. For a fucking bezel insert. That’s just dumb.
    UV lights?
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

Agree.

And with there being so much controversy as to whether blueberrys are even real makes it quite a risky way to spend 20K. I have seen fuchsia bezels going for 5K. It's crazy.
    Yeah, I saw a thread on TRF about blueberry inserts, some dudes were pretty adamant they aren’t real. Are fuscia bezels faded Pepsi’s? Or, is that something else?
    Yeah some 1675 bezels in certain years can turn fuchsia. They are quite valuable.

• BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

Agree.

Yeah some 1675 bezels in certain years can turn fuchsia. They are quite valuable.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

Agree.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    Huh? This is the antithesis of gay. This is fucking amazing!
    spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

Agree.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    See?
    spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

Agree.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
    The font on the day is the epitome of gay.

Hth.

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

Agree.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Hth.
    Why do you hate open 9s and 6s? They’re money baby.
    spuden said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye said:

Agree.

Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Hth.
    Why do you hate open 9s and 6s? They’re money baby.
    I stand corrected. Money.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    animate said:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/us/rolex-pbs-antique-roadshow-trnd/index.html

500-700k for an unworn, safety deposit Rolex with all papers and receipts like Paul Newman used to wear ... nice.

https://youtu.be/b9Y4bmbh1KY

Amazing.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,151
    BleachedAnusDawg decided he wanted to buy an automatic diver and you'll never guess what happened next!

Watch won't arrive until next week. It's not a Rolex or anything, but it was on a killer sale for $188, so what the hell? Seiko SRPD95. I guess this is the replacement for the SKX. *Not my hand.*

BleachedAnusDawg decided he wanted to buy an automatic diver and you'll never guess what happened next!

Watch won't arrive until next week. It's not a Rolex or anything, but it was on a killer sale for $188, so what the hell? Seiko SRPD95. I guess this is the replacement for the SKX. *Not my hand.*

Very nice! Seiko has some very cool watches.
    edited February 2020
    Oh yeah, almost for to show my favorite watch again.

36 years old, but currently in LA getting serviced.

Oh yeah, picked up this gem a few months ago as well:

That's 5 of my current watches. No plans to flip any of them. I have 8 watches in total right now, and I am very happy with the collection.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,940 Founders Club
    Swaye said:

That's 5 of my current watches. No plans to flip any of them. I have 8 watches in total right now, and I am very happy with the collection.

I know AUDEMARS PIGUET is a very high end watch but I find them to be ugly as sin. I’m just boring I suppose.

Swaye said:

I know AUDEMARS PIGUET is a very high end watch but I find them to be ugly as sin. I’m just boring I suppose.
    Its an acquired taste but once you "get it" they are super super nice. Unreal finish and the most comfortable bracelet in the business. I love it. And that watch is very hard to get a hold of. The Jumbo 15202.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member Posts: 8,664 Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

out of those five watches the only one I would be able to tell the time on would be the Panerai - it at least has numbers for some of us that challenged in the o'clocks.

I have just don't have a good sense of time - I need my cheap ass watches that I can read in an instant and know I am late to whatever