Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some watch shots

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,181
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

So Swaye, these are two that are rapidly gaining in my short list...IFL like the late 50's vintage looking pieces. They just scream Bond with the cig lighter in Goldfinger.

Love me some Tudor and if you like the 57 trilogy Seamaster check out the Speedmaster. Killer.

NTD, BB

Is that one auto or you have to wind it? That's the one thing I don't like about the Moon watch.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I do like Tudor Black (ISAFNRC) Bays. I don’t think they’d look good on me per se, but if I had extra coin I’d get my brother one. He’s big into Omegas.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

So Swaye, these are two that are rapidly gaining in my short list...IFL like the late 50's vintage looking pieces. They just scream Bond with the cig lighter in Goldfinger.

Love me some Tudor and if you like the 57 trilogy Seamaster check out the Speedmaster. Killer.

Shit Swaye...the '57 Speedmaster is like $9,000 new. Now we're getting into Sub pricing.
  • Options
    spudenspuden Member Posts: 354
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Yellow- I’m not as knowledgeable as Swaye, and he clearly has a preference for Omega professionals, but the Seamaster looks like a beaut! I’d definitely consider that one, I love it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before.

http://d3nrumpzranqi9.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Omega-Seamaster-300-Reissue-Black.jpg
  • Options

I'm sure I'll be skewered for saying this, but I like the look of most Omega's more than comparable Rolex watches. On many models the bezels appear narrower / pushed to the edge on the Omega (even if they're really not), maybe a little more modern looking.

On the left is my daddy's GMT II Coke that I need to inherit now god damn it!! On the right is my pour people Pierce Brosnan Omega. It holds up pretty well I think for a fraction of the price.

As a recent purchaser of a 16710 Coke, I’m pretty biased in favor of it. But if you think you’re eventually going to get it anyway...that ‘57 Trilogy Seamaster looks amazing. What is the pricing on the Seamaster vs the Professional Swaye is pushing?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    spuden said:

Yellow- I’m not as knowledgeable as Swaye, and he clearly has a preference for Omega professionals, but the Seamaster looks like a beaut! I’d definitely consider that one, I love it. I don’t think I’ve ever seen it before.

http://d3nrumpzranqi9.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Omega-Seamaster-300-Reissue-Black.jpg

So there’s like 4 different “Seamaster” watches. This one is based on the OG 1957 version so no date feature. This one isn’t as “tool” watching look but it’s still good to 1000 ft. I am not for Scuba so it will work fine for me fishing and swimming.
  • Options
    Yeah, I’ve seen other Seamasters, just not that one. I like it a lot. I missed the fact it doesn’t have a date, but I also like the clean lines. Similar to the Sub No Date...which I want. Lol.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    @YellowSnow yeah the 57 Trilogy Speedmaster is a replica and it is a manual wind, which is awesome btw. I am not sure if the 57 Speedy is auto or not, but it is co-axial I think. So maybe? Keep in mind there are two different 57 Speedys - one is a 39MM exact replica called the Trilogy or 60th anniversary (also the Seamaster you like and a Railmaster as part of the "trilogy") and a different homage to the 57 done to modern specs. This is all "if memory serves."

I know a dealer I have worked with who has 2019 full set trilogy (or 60th anniversary) for 6400 right this second. Perfect shape. And this watch will actually gain in value and is collectible, unlike most Omegas. Think I have a friend looking to sell a mint example as well right now. If you wanted one we could get you one for closer to 6, not 9. Or we could just rob something.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    @YellowSnow I see all this interest in divers from you, but I thought you were a GMT guy? If you like GMTs and Tudor, they have a wonderful watch you'd love I think. I've owned it for a time. Delightful.

Can get that for 4K all day long.
  • Options
    USMChawkUSMChawk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,796
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited November 2019

Jomashop is having a sale on Tudors. You can get an additional $500.00 off with the code SDTU500. I can’t find this exact color combo though.

https://www.jomashop.com/tudor-black-bay-s-g-watch-m79733n-0006.html
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,669
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited November 2019
    Swaye said:

Speedmasters are the shit. I think that's my #1 choice right now, but we'll see in 2 years when my wife allows me to consider buying a nicer watch.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USMChawk said:

Jomashop is having a sale on Tudors. You can get an additional $500.00 off with the code SDTU500. I can’t find this exact color combo though.

https://www.jomashop.com/tudor-black-bay-s-g-watch-m79733n-0006.html
    @USMChawk is Joma new or used watches?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,669
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

@YellowSnow I see all this interest in divers from you, but I thought you were a GMT guy? If you like GMTs and Tudor, they have a wonderful watch you'd love I think. I've owned it for a time. Delightful.

Can get that for 4K all day long.

I'm on the record as saying the Pepsi or Coke GMT is the GOAT and the Rolex I aspire to along with two tone blue Sub. I love the GMT Tudor but it would always feel like a "stop gap" measure to me on the way to greatness. Whereas the Black Bay that harks back the look and feel of the Connery 1958 Sub, doesn't really look like anything in the current Rolex line. It's a piece you could keep for ever in the collection while working the way up to the GMT. Same with the Omega Speedmaster which is an affordable (by luxury watch standard) all time classics.

Only junkies sell their Speedmasters to get a better high.
    I am a complete and total junkie. This is good watch thinking btw. Get the Tudor or Speedy, don't look back. One day get a GMT Coke or Pepsi. Keep them all.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Who would have thought the watch nerds thread would make 14 pages?
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Ok fags. This watch is legit. Not my most expensive watch, but certainly the rarest (in this condition). Totally unpolished, unmolested, 1 owner watch in original condition from 1984. This thing is fantastic. Even the paperwork is fantastic and complete - another rarity. Took me almost two years to find this watch in just this condition. Known as the Root Beer in many circles, but also the "nipple dial" (not kidding), Tigers Eye, and most impressively the Clint Eastwood - as it was Clint's favorite watch for about 20 years and worn in several movies. Legendary watch, and in legendary condition. Fuck yeah.

Sweet watch! Your watch buying is inversely proportional to UW football. I am in full support of this diversion from a dreck season. An oasis in the desert, if you will. I’ve spent more time on this thread than the game thread in the past three weeks...and much happier as a result. No broken remotes or slammed doors in spite of watching Pete flail on the sidelines looking crankier and crankier.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

spuden said:

Swaye - Congrats on the Blue Sky D!!! Post a pic here when you get there chance. That’s an awesome watch! I thought getting a GMT would satisfy my Rolex itch, but now I’m even more obsessed with finding the next one.

I didn't want to step on Bazey's big day! I picked up the SkyD Blue the same day he got my shipment to him of the DJ41 Blue.

Full collection as it stands today:

So, adding more to the collection huh? What are you interested in right now? I love talking watches!
    Again, which trailer was that you live in? Asking for a fren.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    spuden said:

Orange and Black. <3
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Ok fags. This watch is legit. Not my most expensive watch, but certainly the rarest (in this condition). Totally unpolished, unmolested, 1 owner watch in original condition from 1984. This thing is fantastic. Even the paperwork is fantastic and complete - another rarity. Took me almost two years to find this watch in just this condition. Known as the Root Beer in many circles, but also the "nipple dial" (not kidding), Tigers Eye, and most impressively the Clint Eastwood - as it was Clint's favorite watch for about 20 years and worn in several movies. Legendary watch, and in legendary condition. Fuck yeah.

It's legitimately hideous.