Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Some watch shots

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,356 Founders Club
    spuden said:

Love the no date 2 liner Swaye. Agree you shouldn’t have let that one go, but you could always pick up another sometime. I think a classic no date Sub is probably what I’ll do. Too bad I waited so long to start buying...seems like I started right at peak prices and scarcity for Rolexes. Poor timing on my part. But this piss poor football season has allowed me to interest myself in something new, watches. I went to the Maryland Michigan game yesterday and just enjoyed watching a game with zero expectations of a come from ahead loss...then went home and watched that shot show. Luckily my wife had the smarts to change the recording since local Fox decided to show the Nats parade instead of college football...Thank you Larry Scott. But got back for kick off anyway.

Yeah it's a sort of a rough tim to be entering the market, but if you aren't going for some major collection and just an odd piece or two here or there then no big deal. Just buy it once, and no matter the price if you hold it for 20 years it will be worth more than whatever you pay for it now. Yeah Nats parade locked me out of the game as well. Turns out it didn't matter. We suck.
    spuden said:

Lol Swaye. the shot of your collection is kind of ridiculous...that is pretty baller dude.

Yeah it's outrageous when I think about it, but keep in mind that is over a decade of collecting and slowly trading up, etc. It's a process. lulz
    edited November 2019

I wonder how much they paid for those three lines....lol

edit: Also, Eva Green holy fuckballs me likey

Swaye said:

I wonder how much they paid for those three lines....lol

edit: Also, Eva Green holy fuckballs me likey
    As you've said before many times, it's not as though Rolex is twice as good of a watch as Omega. Rather, Rolex just got their reads down in terms of branding a long time ago.

I mean fuck - the Planet Ocean is a total baller watch for like have the price of a used Sub.

Dude Omega is great. I've owned damn near a dozen of them.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,151
    I'm sure I'll be skewered for saying this, but I like the look of most Omega's more than comparable Rolex watches. On many models the bezels appear narrower / pushed to the edge on the Omega (even if they're really not), maybe a little more modern looking.
    edited November 2019

I'm sure I'll be skewered for saying this, but I like the look of most Omega's more than comparable Rolex watches. On many models the bezels appear narrower / pushed to the edge on the Omega (even if they're really not), maybe a little more modern looking.

You won't be skewered by me! Thats what makes watch collecting interesting...if we all thought the same way there wouldn't be so many brands. There are nearly as many Omega collectors as Rolex collectors. No question it is the second most collected watch out there. Go get one. Or three.
    Ok fags. This watch is legit. Not my most expensive watch, but certainly the rarest (in this condition). Totally unpolished, unmolested, 1 owner watch in original condition from 1984. This thing is fantastic. Even the paperwork is fantastic and complete - another rarity. Took me almost two years to find this watch in just this condition. Known as the Root Beer in many circles, but also the "nipple dial" (not kidding), Tigers Eye, and most impressively the Clint Eastwood - as it was Clint's favorite watch for about 20 years and worn in several movies. Legendary watch, and in legendary condition. Fuck yeah.

I don't honestly prefer one over the other. I think the Rolex GMT Master II is probably the best looking watch ever made, but the Speedmaster and Seamasters look just as classy to me as the rest of the Rolex stainless steel line. Omega just appeals to me because I'm a pour a new fish in the watch game.
    So much this.

Swaye said:

Ok fags. This watch is legit. Not my most expensive watch, but certainly the rarest (in this condition). Totally unpolished, unmolested, 1 owner watch in original condition from 1984. This thing is fantastic. Even the paperwork is fantastic and complete - another rarity. Took me almost two years to find this watch in just this condition. Known as the Root Beer in many circles, but also the "nipple dial" (not kidding), Tigers Eye, and most impressively the Clint Eastwood - as it was Clint's favorite watch for about 20 years and worn in several movies. Legendary watch, and in legendary condition. Fuck yeah.

Now you need the 1958 Submariner or you're a total homo.
    I have to save my money for more GMTs! Was already a total homo.

On the left is my daddy's GMT II Coke that I need to inherit now god damn it!! On the right is my pour people Pierce Brosnan Omega. It holds up pretty well I think for a fraction of the price.

You need to get that damn Coke.

So Swaye, these are two that are rapidly gaining in my short list...IFL like the late 50's vintage looking pieces. They just scream Bond with the cig lighter in Goldfinger.

Love me some Tudor and if you like the 57 trilogy Seamaster check out the Speedmaster. Killer.