Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Some watch shots

Comments

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

I'm not really one for the aged look, but there might be a few here who can appreciate this and the asking price.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Watchexchange/comments/fyra34/wts_1969_rolex_gmtmaster_1675_mk1_dial_with_fat/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

Rare watch. What is going on with the bezel insert is called ghosting. People pay huge money for inserts that are old and weathered like that. Impossible to replicate that look. It takes decades to achieve. Kind of surprised the dial and hands don't have more patina. Might be service parts. Here is an old pic of a beautiful 16750 (like world class) I owned for awhile before I let a good friend talk me out of it as it was his dream watch.

Now that is patina! And totally original and totally unpolished original state. Extremely rare in this condition. And yes, it was extremely expensive for a GMT.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Swaye said:

I suppose I should add a couple since it's been quite awhile.

How did I miss this post/thread for over 100 comments.

That FP journe...holy fuck you red god
    Dude, that FPJ is so next level I can't even explain it. I will probably never own a nicer watch. This is peak for me. And I got lucky and picked it up before they exploded in price. So lucky. That fucker would go for 60K+ now. The salmon is the rarest configuration of this watch (Centigraphe), and only 16 were ever made. Crazy.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited April 2020
    @Swaye thoughts on this 1600 dollar gshock

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/casio-g-shock-camo-titanium-gmw-b5000tcm-1/

I’m basically in love with it, but am really struggling to justify the price. I want it at 800-1000. I’m bored with the constellation (the ex gave it back after the breakup and it’s too feminine for my wrist) and I could see myself trading for it.

Titanium DLC with laser print camo looks nice to me.

• Options
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

@Swaye thoughts on this 1600 dollar gshock

https://www.ablogtowatch.com/casio-g-shock-camo-titanium-gmw-b5000tcm-1/

I’m basically in love with it, but am really struggling to justify the price. I want it at 800-1000. I’m bored with the constellation (the ex gave it back after the breakup and it’s too feminine for my wrist) and I could see myself trading for it.

Titanium DLC with laser print camo looks nice to me.

Terrible admission but I have never owned a G Shock. Most of my hardcore watch collector buddies have at least one, and sometimes multiple. Lots also have Garmin Fenix watches. Nobody has an Apple Watch, because those are for fags.

If I ever bought a G-Shock, and I probably should, one like that is what I would gravitate towards. I think that thing is funky cool. I need to go look at G-Shocks, and Garmins. I should probably own one because doing yard work in a 12K Rolex is sort of stupid. I am known as a stupid person.

I'd say get it. I am surprised at the price. I thought most top of the line G Shocks were a grand. But, as stated, I do not know the market.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,487
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    edited July 2020
    How am I, of all people, the one to revive this thread? Picked up a Golden Turtle. Extremely comfortable and I have a mega boner for the gold case. Still working on my shitty photo skills. NTD, BB.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Since @Doog_de_Jour is a FP Journe fan, here's my other one. The Havana dial!

Fix your date.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Fuck!

Tell your handlers in Iran you need one of these to fit in with the dirty Westerners.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

New watch alert. Blue dial Pepsi done expertly in white gold. Baller AF.

Causally walking around with your babies future liberal arts degree on your wrist.