Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gangster in the WH

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

If you can't trust a Communist who can you trust?

Trump
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Benny, how would you address these problems with China alternatively though? The simple fact is that they need our market a lot more than we need theirs. Supply chains are already moving away from China as cheap labor dries up and as the population begins to age. Vietnam, India, etc. Opening our markets to them(which once upon a time I believed in) has failed to do anything other than create a neo-facist almost super power in the world.

Sorry not sorry, a little short term pain for American consumers is a small price to pay to avoid a world dominated by the CCP. It's definitely preferable to world war 3 nuclear bugaloo. Happy to hear the alternative method to bring the CCP to heel that's better. Convince me and I'll advocate for that.

I’m not advocating for any other policy, just illustrating the effects tariffs are having on my industry, and in turn the 🇺🇸 consumer.

In all seriousness, it sounds like you're a tool, then. Diversify your sourcing, stop being a tool and make yourself less dependent and vulnerable to tariffs, if you can. We all gotta tighten our belts sometimes.
    Thank you Captain Obvious.

Resourcing is not like flipping a switch, not when you are beholden to safety and quality standards. Dual sourcing has it's benefits but also detriments, like not maximizing your purchasing power.

Either way, the tariffs will hit you in the wallet.
    From China? laughing Bolton gif

That shitty air that has us only having 12 years to live is a direct result of companies closing their eyes to how the shit they buy from China is made

But AMERICA pulled out of the Paris Accords!!!!!!!!
    NO NOT FROM CHINA YOU FUCKING BELLEND.

Do you have any idea what ISO or QS or IATF means? Rhetorical question. Carpet layers would have not clue.
  • Options
    Dude61Dude61 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,227
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Anyone that thinks one dogmatic thought applies in THIS economy is fooling themselves

There are no free markets so accusing people of a lack of ideological purity on the matter is a waste of time.

I root for the USA. Unabashedly.

Why would I want us to be Chi Coms or Eurotrash? If you do that's fine, the democrats will take your vote. So will H's intellectual conservative Never Trumpers

Its why we have elections

Trump understands that the the US government exists to protect and support the US people and industry, not actively work to undermine manufacturing base like they have the past 30 years.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Benny, how would you address these problems with China alternatively though? The simple fact is that they need our market a lot more than we need theirs. Supply chains are already moving away from China as cheap labor dries up and as the population begins to age. Vietnam, India, etc. Opening our markets to them(which once upon a time I believed in) has failed to do anything other than create a neo-facist almost super power in the world.

Sorry not sorry, a little short term pain for American consumers is a small price to pay to avoid a world dominated by the CCP. It's definitely preferable to world war 3 nuclear bugaloo. Happy to hear the alternative method to bring the CCP to heel that's better. Convince me and I'll advocate for that.

I’m not advocating for any other policy, just illustrating the effects tariffs are having on my industry, and in turn the 🇺🇸 consumer.

In all seriousness, it sounds like you're a tool, then. Diversify your sourcing, stop being a tool and make yourself less dependent and vulnerable to tariffs, if you can. We all gotta tighten our belts sometimes.

Resourcing is not like flipping a switch, not when you are beholden to safety and quality standards. Dual sourcing has it's benefits but also detriments, like not maximizing your purchasing power.

That shitty air that has us only having 12 years to live is a direct result of companies closing their eyes to how the shit they buy from China is made

Do you have any idea what ISO or QS or IATF means? Rhetorical question. Carpet layers would have not clue.
    Why so angry benny?

This carpet layer destroyed every argument you made

What do you mean not from China when that's where you get your cheap shit. It doesn't matter if you follow rules here once you destroy the environment there

WE ONLY HAVE 12 YEARS TO LIVE

Thanks to people like you
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PS

The environment is GLOBAL
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm a black belt and have run programs in India and China. Sure, it's a bitch to change over but how do you think those suppliers ended up in China in the first place? They weren't there 20-30 years ago.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam

SFGbob said:

Who knows if the new TUFF on China approach will work or not. But we do know that the old approach wasn't.

I like free trade with allies and frens. Maybe China just doesn't want to be our fren.

Something had to be done. Ignoring the problem wasn't working. China's theft of US intellectual property was costing us billions.
    Either way it will cost us billions.

My company is being hit with the tariffs. Guess what? In the short-medium term, we aren't going to resource components away from the suppliers. Nope. That takes time and $.

We will pass the tariff along to our customer, who in turn will pass it along to their customer, who will pass it along to their customer, who will pass it along to their customer, who will pass it along to their customer, who will pass it along to the citizens of the US in the form of higher prices.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm a black belt and have run programs in India and China. Sure, it's a bitch to change over but how do you think those suppliers ended up in China in the first place? They weren't there 20-30 years ago.
    So wait you're a 6' tall former rugby player with a black belt? I'm glad I've never tried to fight you in real life.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019

SFGbob said:

Who knows if the new TUFF on China approach will work or not. But we do know that the old approach wasn't.

I like free trade with allies and frens. Maybe China just doesn't want to be our fren.

Something had to be done. Ignoring the problem wasn't working. China's theft of US intellectual property was costing us billions.

My company is being hit with the tariffs. Guess what? In the short-medium term, we aren't going to resource components away from the suppliers. Nope. That takes time and $.

We will pass the tariff along to our customer, who in turn will pass it along to their customer, who will pass it along to their customer, who will pass it along to their customer, who will pass it along to their customer, who will pass it along to the citizens of the US in the form of higher prices.
    Assuming they want to by the crap you import from China

I guess white trash needs those cheap knock off stolen goods, right @CirrhosisDawg ?

Be a better business man and stop relying on crap to make a buck
    This is just such a dim, myopic view of how goods are manufactured in a global economy.

Our products are made of components sourced from all over the world, including the good ol' USA. Our products/services are recognized as the technological and quality gold standard in the industry, are in high demand and never the cheapest alternative.

We hold a dominant market position of #1 or #2 in almost every product line we produce in every region.

So, we will continue to source components from the best cost country in the short and medium term and pass the 25% tariff on to our customers. As such, the tariff will get passed on to you Mr. Race Bannon in the form of higher prices, because everything you touch in your daily life in the past, present and future will have to utilize our products.
    We? You sound super important being able to post on an message board arguing with strangers all day and what not.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    Swaye's Wigwam

So wait you're a 6' tall former rugby player with a black belt? I'm glad I've never tried to fight you in real life.
    Not that kind of black belt but still, you are nothing more than a cowardly pussy Yella.
  • Options

Why so angry benny?

What do you mean not from China when that's where you get your cheap shit. It doesn't matter if you follow rules here once you destroy the environment there

Thanks for checking back in Simpleton.

• Options

PS

The environment is GLOBAL

PS: Carpet muncher > carpet layer
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why so angry benny?

Smarter than you
  • Options

Black belt? Neato.

Sure, it's a bitch to change over...that's what I've said multiple tims...

Some in this thread (you know who) have a very, very simplistic view of what it is required to be a world-class manufacturing leader. Equate it to a simple import of trinkets. No fucking clue.

FM for explaining how these tariffs will effect them.

CHINA BAD. ME NO LIKE CHEAP SHIT FROM CHINA.

All the while they have been benefiting from goods produced there.

• Options

Why so angry benny?

Smarter than you
    Maybe stick to carpet laying or whatever you do.

Let the adults discuss things that are a bit more nuanced.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Assuming they want to by the crap you import from China

I guess white trash needs those cheap knock off stolen goods, right @CirrhosisDawg ?

Be a better business man and stop relying on crap to make a buck
    This is just such a dim, myopic view of how goods are manufactured in a global economy.

Our products are made of components sourced from all over the world, including the good ol' USA. Our products/services are recognized as the technological and quality gold standard in the industry, are in high demand and never the cheapest alternative.

We hold a dominant market position of #1 or #2 in almost every product line we produce in every region.

So, we will continue to source components from the best cost country in the short and medium term and pass the 25% tariff on to our customers. As such, the tariff will get passed on to you Mr. Race Bannon in the form of higher prices, because everything you touch in your daily life in the past, present and future will have to utilize our products.
    We? You sound super important being able to post on an message board arguing with strangers all day and what not.
    Mike? Maybe take another year or two off, things have passed you by.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Why so angry benny?

Smarter than you
    Maybe stick to carpet laying or whatever you do.

Let the adults discuss things that are a bit more nuanced.
    Nuanced

Yeah that's it go with that when you get your ass kicked on your whining and bitching about your big company

The rest rooms need cleaning. Get off the internet
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019

Black belt? Neato.

Sure, it's a bitch to change over...that's what I've said multiple tims...

Some in this thread (you know who) have a very, very simplistic view of what it is required to be a world-class manufacturing leader. Equate it to a simple import of trinkets. No fucking clue.

FM for explaining how these tariffs will effect them.

CHINA BAD. ME NO LIKE CHEAP SHIT FROM CHINA.

All the while they have been benefiting from goods produced there.

Captain of industry and world manufacturing leader: working for w2 wages and posting on the internet constantly. You seem invaluable