Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gangster in the WH

Comments

• Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    SFGbob said:

Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Both parties but especially the Rats starting with Clinton have been bending over for the Chi Coms. They've been stealing us blind for years now and we have done nothing. CD is just a fucking crank with no answers and a raft of strawman ass fucks. No one is claiming that tariffs equal free trade or any of the other laundry list of crap he cites. Ask him what should be done about China IP theft and you'll get another one of his sweet Kunt acts. The guy has nothing.

Can you read? I told you skilled and educated Americans in California eat the Chinese for lunch every day. Better product. Better service. Better skills. That’s why you don’t get it. That’s why you are a failure. So sorry for you.
    No answer but lots of mouth. Huawei, the Chinese tech company is currently the world’s biggest supplier of telecom network equipment and the number two cellphone producer. They had $100 Billion in revenue last year and they've been stealing from us for over decade. Gosh and CD the ignorant Kunt claimed that California was eating China's lunch. I "get" that you have nothing but your ignorant mouth.
    Again, I’m sorry you don’t have the skills or capabilities to compete. It’s not a problem in capital markets. We win. Sounds like you’ve made a lot of poor life decisions Bob.
    Except that we historically have these notions that inventors and innovators should get paid for doing so. The Chinese don't. In fact, per Marxist doctrine IP is all property of the state anyways. This is why China can't innovate shit. So they steal it from everyone else. Pretending it's not a problem with some defense of free markets is kind of disingenuous. Doubly so when they have actual detention camps with slave labor all over XinJiang and Tibet.
    Good points. David Ricardo had it right though. Highly skilled and competitive US labor will beat China every single time. A tariff regime defeats our advantage and reduces us to the level of mercantilists and protectionists. We are better off innovating, leading, producing and winning. The alternative is to reduce ourselves to the lowest common denominator of trumptardism.
    They are STEALING the innovation part and skipping to the producing and winning. It's not that hard to understand.
    He doesn't care. He has his talking points and he'll repeat them as many times as he has to.
    It would be great if you had the ability to compete. Successful Americans in California do. Sad.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Both parties but especially the Rats starting with Clinton have been bending over for the Chi Coms. They've been stealing us blind for years now and we have done nothing. CD is just a fucking crank with no answers and a raft of strawman ass fucks. No one is claiming that tariffs equal free trade or any of the other laundry list of crap he cites. Ask him what should be done about China IP theft and you'll get another one of his sweet Kunt acts. The guy has nothing.

Can you read? I told you skilled and educated Americans in California eat the Chinese for lunch every day. Better product. Better service. Better skills. That’s why you don’t get it. That’s why you are a failure. So sorry for you.
    No answer but lots of mouth. Huawei, the Chinese tech company is currently the world’s biggest supplier of telecom network equipment and the number two cellphone producer. They had $100 Billion in revenue last year and they've been stealing from us for over decade. Gosh and CD the ignorant Kunt claimed that California was eating China's lunch. I "get" that you have nothing but your ignorant mouth.
    Again, I’m sorry you don’t have the skills or capabilities to compete. It’s not a problem in capital markets. We win. Sounds like you’ve made a lot of poor life decisions Bob.
    Except that we historically have these notions that inventors and innovators should get paid for doing so. The Chinese don't. In fact, per Marxist doctrine IP is all property of the state anyways. This is why China can't innovate shit. So they steal it from everyone else. Pretending it's not a problem with some defense of free markets is kind of disingenuous. Doubly so when they have actual detention camps with slave labor all over XinJiang and Tibet.
    Good points. David Ricardo had it right though. Highly skilled and competitive US labor will beat China every single time. A tariff regime defeats our advantage and reduces us to the level of mercantilists and protectionists. We are better off innovating, leading, producing and winning. The alternative is to reduce ourselves to the lowest common denominator of trumptardism.
    They are STEALING the innovation part and skipping to the producing and winning. It's not that hard to understand.

I’m sorry to hear you are losing to the Chinese.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

SFGbob said:

You sound like Michael Dukakis, aka Alfred E. Newman, with your generic "good jobs at good wages" trope.

Does your wife drink rubbing alcohol, too?
  • Options

Benny, how would you address these problems with China alternatively though? The simple fact is that they need our market a lot more than we need theirs. Supply chains are already moving away from China as cheap labor dries up and as the population begins to age. Vietnam, India, etc. Opening our markets to them(which once upon a time I believed in) has failed to do anything other than create a neo-facist almost super power in the world.

Sorry not sorry, a little short term pain for American consumers is a small price to pay to avoid a world dominated by the CCP. It's definitely preferable to world war 3 nuclear bugaloo. Happy to hear the alternative method to bring the CCP to heel that's better. Convince me and I'll advocate for that.

I’m not advocating for any other policy, just illustrating the effects tariffs are having on my industry, and in turn the 🇺🇸 consumer.

In all seriousness, it sounds like you're a tool, then. Diversify your sourcing, stop being a tool and make yourself less dependent and vulnerable to tariffs, if you can. We all gotta tighten our belts sometimes.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Go easy on poor little Cirrho. He's in Finance. His hands have never touched an honest days work.

And he probably works for his Father-In-Law.
  • Options

Benny, how would you address these problems with China alternatively though? The simple fact is that they need our market a lot more than we need theirs. Supply chains are already moving away from China as cheap labor dries up and as the population begins to age. Vietnam, India, etc. Opening our markets to them(which once upon a time I believed in) has failed to do anything other than create a neo-facist almost super power in the world.

Sorry not sorry, a little short term pain for American consumers is a small price to pay to avoid a world dominated by the CCP. It's definitely preferable to world war 3 nuclear bugaloo. Happy to hear the alternative method to bring the CCP to heel that's better. Convince me and I'll advocate for that.

I’m not advocating for any other policy, just illustrating the effects tariffs are having on my industry, and in turn the 🇺🇸 consumer.

In all seriousness, it sounds like you're a tool, then. Diversify your sourcing, stop being a tool and make yourself less dependent and vulnerable to tariffs, if you can. We all gotta tighten our belts sometimes.
    ThudBomberFS supports tax increases, lower growth, lower income, and decreased wealth for poor-ass trumptards because of China. Of course he does.
  • Options

ThudBomberFS supports tax increases, lower growth, lower income, and decreased wealth for poor-ass trumptards because of China. Of course he does.
    You wouldn't last a day in business Cirrho. Don't lose your job. You need it like Oxygen.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Go easy on poor little Cirrho. He's in Finance. His hands have never touched an honest days work.

So then he'd be okay with it if the Chinese came in and stole the money out of his accounts.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

So then he'd be okay with it if the Chinese came in and stole the money out of his accounts.
    Then I would punish them by paying 25 pct more on consumer goods i purchase. What else can we do?!?1!
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Then I would punish them by paying 25 pct more on consumer goods i purchase. What else can we do?!?1!
    Appears you can bend over and take like a bitch CD, you seem really good at that.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Appears you can bend over and take like a bitch CD, you seem really good at that.
    There’s the white flag.
    More of the kunt act.
    Your kunt is sore.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bleeding heart progressives should be demanding a quarantine of all Nations that utilize child slave labor in the global economy.

I spend 200 bucks on sneakers that cost 5 bucks to make. Surely there is some wiggle room here.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Bleeding heart progressives should be demanding a quarantine of all Nations that utilize child slave labor in the global economy.

I spend 200 bucks on sneakers that cost 5 bucks to make. Surely there is some wiggle room here.

Jfc. @UW_Doog_Bot clean up on aisle 1.

I apologize since you’ve already addressed this once today. You are very good at explaining markets and micro economics.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,259
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

Jfc. @UW_Doog_Bot clean up on aisle 1.

I apologize since you’ve already addressed this once today. You are very good at explaining markets and micro economics.
    In summation:

The Right: Free markets work best! Except internationally, we need to control international markets.

The Left: Free markets work best! Except domestically, we need to control domestic markets.

Doog_Bot: *sigh*

I'd Pinochet the lot of you if I didn't believe in the universality of human rights.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone that thinks one dogmatic thought applies in THIS economy is fooling themselves

There are no free markets so accusing people of a lack of ideological purity on the matter is a waste of time.

I root for the USA. Unabashedly.

Why would I want us to be Chi Coms or Eurotrash? If you do that's fine, the democrats will take your vote. So will H's intellectual conservative Never Trumpers

Its why we have elections
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Thank you Captain Obvious.

Resourcing is not like flipping a switch, not when you are beholden to safety and quality standards. Dual sourcing has it's benefits but also detriments, like not maximizing your purchasing power.

Either way, the tariffs will hit you in the wallet.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If you can't trust a Communist who can you trust?