Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Those needles littering the streets? Yeah, the city handed them out - religious left strikes again

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,109
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2019
    SFGbob said:

This is the BART station in downtown SF. When they aren't shooting up and shitting and pissing in the stairwells and elevator shafts they are breaking into houses and cars stealing things in order to support their habit.

The city no longer prosecutes people for open drug use. The city no longer incarcerates people for property crimes under a $1,000 dollars. The city doesn't cite people for shitting and pissing in public and the city still has a very generous cash payment for any dirt bag that can fog a mirror. This has turned the city into a mecca for dirt bags. But according to O'keefed, the city is actually saving money by rolling out the welcome mat for these degenerates.

Liberals didn’t manufacture and incentivize doctors to overprescribe a highly addictive drug, blob. It was a triumph of unconstrained economic self-interest. The addicts end up somewhere. And it’s clearly not just in blue states.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ncadd.org/index.php/blogs/addiction-update/what-s-behind-the-addiction-crisis-in-rural-america?format=amp
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,920
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Weird how I've been able to avoid the clutches of those unethical doctors. If only everyone had free will.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

This is the BART station in downtown SF. When they aren't shooting up and shitting and pissing in the stairwells and elevator shafts they are breaking into houses and cars stealing things in order to support their habit.

The city no longer prosecutes people for open drug use. The city no longer incarcerates people for property crimes under a $1,000 dollars. The city doesn't cite people for shitting and pissing in public and the city still has a very generous cash payment for any dirt bag that can fog a mirror. This has turned the city into a mecca for dirt bags. But according to O'keefed, the city is actually saving money by rolling out the welcome mat for these degenerates.

Liberals didn’t manufacture and incentivize doctors to overprescribe a highly addictive drug, blob. It was a triumph of unconstrained economic self-interest. The addicts end up somewhere. And it’s clearly not just in blue states.
    Cities are supposed to crack down on this nonsense and bus them to a city with an even stupider group leading them.

Apparently this is the end of that road.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ncadd.org/index.php/blogs/addiction-update/what-s-behind-the-addiction-crisis-in-rural-america?format=amp
    I have a place for them. A jail cell. It would be a hell of lot more compassionate than your system.
  • Options

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Cities are supposed to crack down on this nonsense and bus them to a city with an even stupider group leading them.

Apparently this is the end of that road.
    They’ll love Eugene!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    Btw, can you please identify the doctors that are prescribing Heroin and Meth?
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Weird how I've been able to avoid the clutches of those unethical doctors. If only everyone had free will.

You don't know much about addiction, obviously.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Btw, can you please identify the doctors that are prescribing Heroin and Meth?

I think you shouldn't advertise your ignorance.
    So none of those people shooting up are Meth or Heroin addicts? Got a link Kunt?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2019
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

You don't know much about addiction, obviously.
    Yes, there is no free will involved. People are kidnapped and forced to start using drugs. And besides the doctors!!!!
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    “The drugs of choice among the homeless appear to be heroin during the day, and methamphetamine at night — to stay up,” said Eileen Loughran, who heads the city’s syringe access and recovery program. Loughran said on average an addict shoots up three times a day, “but some people do more.”

While City Hall solidly supports the free syringe program, the proliferation of needles on city sidewalks and parks was a major issue in Mayor London Breed’s mayoral election last year — one she promised to clean up.

The first step was spending an extra $1.8 million last year to retrieve needles. That resulted in 500,000 more syringes being dropped off in new kiosks or picked up by special cleanup crews compared to 2017.

Damn who knew that doctors were prescribing heroin and meth. Gosh I wish I could be as informed as O'Keefed. Oh yeah, just look at all of these "savings"

While City Hall solidly supports the free syringe program, the proliferation of needles on city sidewalks and parks was a major issue in Mayor London Breed’s mayoral election last year — one she promised to clean up.

The first step was spending an extra $1.8 million last year to retrieve needles. That resulted in 500,000 more syringes being dropped off in new kiosks or picked up by special cleanup crews compared to 2017.

• Options
    edited May 2019
    SFGbob said:

“The drugs of choice among the homeless appear to be heroin during the day, and methamphetamine at night — to stay up,” said Eileen Loughran, who heads the city’s syringe access and recovery program. Loughran said on average an addict shoots up three times a day, “but some people do more.”

Damn who knew that doctors were prescribing heroin and meth. Gosh I wish I could be as informed as O'Keefed. Oh yeah, just look at all of these "savings"

I know you can address the cost of providing clean needles. Economics is about alternatives. I notice you can't address the cost of not providing clean needles.

Your ignorance of the roots and causes of the opioid crisis and addiction itself is so profound that if you hadn't been feverishly posting various screeds, I'd think you'd been asleep for about ten years.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

I know you can address the cost of providing clean needles. Economics is about alternatives. I notice you can't address the cost of not providing clean needles.

Your ignorance of the roots of the opioid crisis is so profound that if you hadn't been feverishly posting various screeds, I'd think you'd been asleep for about ten years.
    Interesting. I didn't say anything about the roots of the opioid crisis. I notice you didn't address the cost of turning the city into an open air shooting gallery. What's the impact on tourism? What's the cost to the public healthcare system? What the cost to quality of life of the people who live and work here and actually pay the fucking bills?
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Jesus Bob when do you ever shut the fuck up

Never.

HtH
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

Your ignorance of the roots of the opioid crisis is so profound that if you hadn't been feverishly posting various screeds, I'd think you'd been asleep for about ten years.
    Interesting. I didn't say anything about the roots of the opioid crisis. I notice you didn't address the cost of turning the city into an open air shooting gallery. What's the impact on tourism? What's the cost to the public healthcare system? What the cost to quality of life of the people who live and work here and actually pay the fucking bills?
    I suppose you don't know your comments reflected your ignorance. Spoiler alert: heroin is a much cheaper and more readily available opioid than some prescription pain killer your local addict started with. And the costs to the healthcare system of not providing clean needles became clear enough that many communities--red and blue--started providing them or want to start. You talk about paying the bills in the same discussion in which you proposed jail for addicts.

Tourism? Is there some corner of America where drug addiction isn't a problem? If so, I guess they'll get the tourists.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    I'd take every penny we currently spend providing junkies with needles, cleaning up shit off the streets, dealing with over doses, and put them all in jail. Money well spent. At least there they might have a chance to get clean. Your "compassion" ensures one thing that nearly every West Coast city is going to start resembling Calcutta.

You're not doing these people any favors by allowing them to shoot up in public and live in their own human waste O'Keefed. You're not enlightened and your not compassionate. And I don't know about where you hang out but there are plenty of areas in American where junkies aren't shooting up in the streets surround by human shit.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

I'd take every penny we currently spend providing junkies with needles, cleaning up shit off the streets, dealing with over doses, and put them all in jail. Money well spent. At least there they might have a chance to get clean. Your "compassion" ensures one thing that nearly every West Coast city is going to start resembling Calcutta.

You're not doing these people any favors by allowing them to shoot up in public and live in their own human waste O'Keefed. You're not enlightened and your not compassionate. And I don't know about where you hang out but there are plenty of areas in American where junkies aren't shooting up in the streets surround by human shit.

You'd do so many things as long as no one raises your taxes. People need treatment, but they also have to be motivated to benefit, and even then it's not just will power at issue here. This is very much a genetic issue and certain people are simply subject to becoming addicted to opioids for reasons beyond anyone's control. I'm all for suing the shit out of the fuckers who unleashed this, but that probably won't pry free enough money to provide help to everyone who needs it--not every addict has a right wing talk show empire you know.

And I don't know where in this country you think the opioid crisis hasn't hit. It's almost like you're willfully ignorant. You've been very fortunate to be able to be so ignorant. I doubt there are many here whose families haven't been touched by addiction.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

You'd do so many things as long as no one raises your taxes. People need treatment, but they also have to be motivated to benefit, and even then it's not just will power at issue here. This is very much a genetic issue and certain people are simply subject to becoming addicted to opioids for reasons beyond anyone's control. I'm all for suing the shit out of the fuckers who unleashed this, but that probably won't pry free enough money to provide help to everyone who needs it--not every addict has a right wing talk show empire you know.

And I don't know where in this country you think the opioid crisis hasn't hit. It's almost like you're willfully ignorant. You've been very fortunate to be able to be so ignorant. I doubt there are many here whose families haven't been touched by addiction.

No one wants to read this horseshit
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,639
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Pathetic effort, blob. Public health is a left wing idea? Who knew?

Handing out free needles is a left-wing idea. There's no conservatives supporting that bullshit. Own it O'Keefed.

Or maybe this is all just another Infowars conspiracy theory.
    Smart conservatives are actually trying to bring the knuckle draggers to their senses when it comes to needle exchanges. What’s your best argument against saving money and promoting public health? Asking for a friend.
    You mean liars like you who claim they're conservatives? Yeah, SF is "saving" all kinds of money passing out "free" needles. They are now a fucking mecca for intravenous drug users who overburden the public health system, befoul the streets, and drive away tourist and law abiding citizens. Feel the fucking savings.

London Breed says the amount of feces scattered on the streets of the wealthy city in recent months is among the worst she has ever seen, and San Francisco reportedly is set to spend nearly $280 million in its next budget fighting homelessness – an average of $37,300 for each of the city’s estimated 7,499 homeless residents.
    People became homeless addicts because of needle exchanges? I blame the U of O.
    Giving them "safe spaces" to inject in violation of several laws and supplying needles contributes to their lifestyle. Strange how the left doesn't enforce laws they decide not to like in this case oh and in the case of handling secret government docs and info.