Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"OKG" is racist according to Oregon

jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,556
5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
Standard Supporter
Ohio State and FSU. OKG is also elitist.

Smalls and Ringo are anti-OKG.

Smalls a no show yesterday. Gonna get wild in the chats!!!

Comments

• Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Disparate impact.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,556
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

I predict this will be the outrage subject on this site for the next 4-6 months. Then Smalls will commit to UW and we'll forget about it and move on to the next thing to hate about the program

Page views will never be higher and the greatest Washington prospect of all time will be a dawg! Huard and Smalls will run Montlake soon enough.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,840
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

I predict this will be the outrage subject on this site for the next 4-6 months. Then Smalls will commit to UW and we'll forget about it and move on to the next thing to hate about the program

Yes and no. The fact that this offensive scheme licks sweaty taints isn’t going away anytime soon.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2019
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,086
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Seems weird that that would work all of a sudden when he already withstood years of hearing the same thing from Joey T.
  • Options

Seems weird that that would work all of a sudden when he already withstood years of hearing the same thing from Joey T.

Heard they hit him and his parents with a LOT of evidence.

The evidentiary value of information depends on your default assumption.

If the assumption is that (as white people always happily see as the case) no one is biased, then you have to prove bias beyond a reasonable doubt.

However, any black person knows there is bias everywhere and now Pete is going to have some splaining to do. Which is good. It's weird what's happening to our program.

We are getting very non-black.

We are getting EXTREMELY non Black American Culture.

We have like 1 starter out of 22 who is from a 'traditional' black home? Salvon. Everyone else has one white parent, is African, etc.

White people think that this all adds up to nothing and are FRANKLY SHOCKED that you would DARE to question their OBVIOUSLY PURE motives and processes.

Black people are like 'uh, yeah, can you explain why that is?'
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,449
    Swaye's Wigwam
    They're just butthurt that all if their momentum is bullshit and their coaches are going to get flattened on the road again.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    I am a Duck fan and this is part and parcel of the “everything is racist” cultural milieu.
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025
    lawsandl said:

I am a Duck fan and this is part and parcel of the “everything is racist” cultural milieu.

Part and parcel of the “I don’t acknowledge inherent biases“ culture
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

That's because you're white and see things through the white people lens.

Oh, we just happened to not recruit Tre'Shaun (Sav'ell's friend) and we are just happening to not recruit Gee Scott and DJ Rodgers (insert white people 'case by case basis' excuse here). And now Justin Flowe, Kayvon and Darnell Washington are all guys that haven't really been on our radar.

And, under Pete we have gotten one white parent or African parents on almost everyone... white people are like 'this is nitpicky' because they don't understand how stupid that sounds to people who live in black culture (which is not a monolith). This is like a little kid thinking that them saying they didn't eat a cookie when chocolate chips are all over their face is convincing.

White people are like 'HOW DARE YOU ACCUSE ME OF RACISM' and black people are like 'uh, look around'.

I don't think Pete is a racist, but I think Pete defines OKG in such a way that it so heavily slants toward slow strategy 'at least one white or African' parent, private school light skin u kids.

If you don't understand the difference between Kevin King's household and Aaron Fuller's or Ariel Ngata's then you just aren't really familiar with modern black life in America on any level.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    Domicillo said:

lawsandl said:

Part and parcel of the “I don’t acknowledge inherent biases“ culture
    Bias is different than racism and it’s important enough to distinguish between the two.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    There's something to be said for actions are greater than words ...

As Dennis mentioned, I don't think that there's anything overtly racist in our program. I do think that there's some component of OKG that tilts more slower strategy than not.

However, there's some things that have been bubbling below the surface for a while on this subject that I do think that there's some part of the message that we have to be aware of and actively go about proving that it's not the case.

It's awfully warm for December of February ... the fact that you have schools that are actively going to this level of strategy in their recruiting at this point tells me that they know that they are coming at this from a very unfavorable position and are trying to knock UW down.

In the end, successful selling of anything is way more likely when you are talking about why you should buy your product than why you shouldn't buy another product.
  • Options
    I don't think Pete is a racist. But it's like saying 'i don't think Pete actually wants his dog to bit people' - if the dog bites people and Pete explains it away every time as a product of unique circumstances, you have to be like 'does Pete REALLY want the dog not to bite people if he's not doing anything to prevent it?'
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    so, are you guys saying that Smalls avoided coming to UW this weekend because he's now drifting (drifted?) away from being interested in UW?

I see that Emeka was tweeting from Oregon this weekend as well.

How bad is this situation fellas?