Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"OKG" is racist according to Oregon

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,571
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited April 2019

Our roster makeup is not that much different than the other conference teams...jesus fucking christ

You said that but as usual you just take your opinions as fact without providing any evidence.

I disagree.
    It's because I watch a lot of football. You don't, it's okay.

No one else is providing any evidence either. It's not like there is data on the racial makeup of CFB teams to cite.......you look at the roster pictures for all teams and put the data together, champ
    LOL OK. If there wasn't a difference in makeup of Oregon and UW rosters then negative recruting wouldn't work, would it?
    This is all conjecture. How do you know the negative recruiting is working? To me it seems our recruiting is better than it has ever been before.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,171
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Our roster makeup is not that much different than the other conference teams...jesus fucking christ

You said that but as usual you just take your opinions as fact without providing any evidence.

I disagree.

No one else is providing any evidence either. It's not like there is data on the racial makeup of CFB teams to cite.......you look at the roster pictures for all teams and put the data together, champ
    LOL OK. If there wasn't a difference in makeup of Oregon and UW rosters then negative recruting wouldn't work, would it?
    Like Mr. Chigurh said, please compare the roster makeups and return to us with results. It's only two teams. You can do it.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,711

I disagree.

Like Mr. Chigurh said, please compare the roster makeups and return to us with results. It's only two teams. You can do it.
    PGOS made the initial claim so that would be his burden.

Oregon even provides pictures so it should be nice and easy.
  • Options

I disagree.

This is all conjecture. How do you know the negative recruiting is working? To me it seems our recruiting is better than it has ever been before.
    We don't know if it will succeed but the very presence of this thread and similar discussions on twitter and dm.c shows that it is making an impact.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,171
    Founders Club
    edited April 2019

I disagree.

PGOS made the initial claim so that would be his burden.

Oregon even provides pictures so it should be nice and easy.
    He's claiming it's nothing. You're claiming it's something. That means you have to prove it. Those are the rules. I didn't write em.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Imagine reading 6 pages of this

Fucking embarrassing shit, it really is.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

Pics? Analytics? To prove it?
  • Options
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Pics? Analytics? To prove it?
    How about the people flat out stating there is something wrong with our roster prove it?
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,867
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

This reminds me of a time when I was a young, impressionable college student, and I went to CVS to purchase some household products.

I had recently removed my long, shaggy hair, and was having a tough time keeping it in place. So among the items on my list was something to help with that. But I didn't know what hair product was best for me, and the riches of capitalism had me staring at an overwhelming amount of products and brands. Hair spray. Texturizing paste. Mousse? No way I could afford to try them all. I had to pick one. And I needed it to be the right choice so that I could elevate my odds of having sex with women.

"You look a bit lost there, young man" I heard somebody say behind me as I was reading the label on a bottle of LA Looks medium hold hair gel. I turned around to see a well-dressed African American man who appeared to be in his mid 30s. I smiled and replied "yeah, look at all these choices. They all seem to be calling for me. But I don't know what to get." The man motioned for me to step aside as he crouched down to grab a circular container from the bottom shelf. He then handed it to me. "Murray's Pomade. Are you sure...?" I said, noticing that the label featured 2 African Americans sporting well-groomed afro hairstyles. Had the man not noticed the white skin encompassing my entire body? "Trust me" the man replied, and then walked away.

After I finished shopping, I came home and applied Murray's Pomade to my hair for the first time. It was then and there that I knew I found the right hair product for me. I chose to trust the words of a man who was not only of a different race than me, but was recommending a product that appeared to be designed and marketed toward people of different race than myself. And it paid off. God bless America.

Bro, whatchu know bout surf hair?!

I haven't tried it. But I'll bet it's better than mousse.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

https://goducks.com/roster.aspx?roster=273&path=football

I counted 38 white guys. I didn't look at the names just the faces.

I'll let the experts like @Dennis_DeYoung divy up the non-whites because I'm not sure what constitutes black anymore after reading this thread.

https://gohuskies.com/roster.aspx?roster=176&path=football

Counted 34 white faces for our Dawgs... Who's the racist now?!?!?!?!!?!!

This is seriously embarrassing shit.

Walk ons.

If you guys want to live in a world where UW didn't pivot to recruting more Poly and to a lesser degree white dudes and far less black dudes in the last two classes then have fun.

We are in a post-fact world anyway.
  • Options
    LongDukDongLongDukDong Member Posts: 1,210
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I don’t give a fuck as long as we win. Polys will help us but we’re going to need some crazy reckless OGs like Azeem circa 2016 if we want to win a title.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,930
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

I'll let the experts like @Dennis_DeYoung divy up the non-whites because I'm not sure what constitutes black anymore after reading this thread.

Walk ons.

If you guys want to live in a world where UW didn't pivot to recruting more Poly and to a lesser degree white dudes and far less black dudes in the last two classes then have fun.

Talk about fucking goal post moving. Should he have analyzed the shade of skin color for players with African descent? UW is fine for shades x, y, and z, but is really racist towards darker shade w people. But not African last name shade w, thats different.

The entire premise is fucking insane.

You have quickly become my least favorite poaster on here. So congrats on that.
    We have pup and ballz and you went with the troll? Interesting decision.
  • Options

Doogles said:

Walk ons.

Talk about fucking goal post moving. Should he have analyzed the shade of skin color for players with African descent? UW is fine for shades x, y, and z, but is really racist towards darker shade w people. But not African last name shade w, thats different.

The entire premise is fucking insane.

You have quickly become my least favorite poaster on here. So congrats on that.
    Just because you can't consider multiple variables at one time doesn't mean the argument has changed.