Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Game of Thrones season 8 mega thread

Comments

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    So can Bran just warg into Cersei and have her jump off a cliff or what? Seems like a pretty simple solution.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

So can Bran just warg into Cersei and have her jump off a cliff or what? Seems like a pretty simple solution.

Like we say, No.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    This guy perfectly sums up my unbridled rage about last week's abomination of an episode

https://youtu.be/GI7zy1PTMp0
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

This guy perfectly sums up my unbridled rage about last week's abomination of an episode

Thank you for sharing. I took one quarter of military history at UW so I knew enough about attack tactics/defensive fortifications to cringe at good guys’ battle plan...I can only imagine how painful it must’ve been for current/former professional armed forces personnel (TYFYS).
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Thank you for sharing. I took one quarter of military history at UW so I knew enough about attack tactics/defensive fortifications to cringe at good guys’ battle plan...I can only imagine how painful it must’ve been for current/former professional armed forces personnel (TYFYS).
    Having a calvary charge at night was absurd, but I just assumed everybody hated the Dothraki and so it was an addition by subtraction racism kind of move.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The Dothraki haven't been the same since Aquaman died
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,511
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Comparing this last episode against the Battle of the Bastards one is a perfect example of how this show went to shit.

Can't wait for new episode tonight.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye said:

Having a calvary charge at night was absurd, but I just assumed everybody hated the Dothraki and so it was an addition by subtraction racism kind of move.
    I mean they were useful to help win you the war....but you don't want those fuckers chillin in westeros
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Man sex scene number 2 I didn't want to see
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2019
    The first half of this episode felt like fan-fiction. Jamie and Brienne of Tarth sleeping together? Gendry legitimized and made lord of Storms End...then proposing to Arya? OK!

Of course Jon told his sisters about being the true heir to the throne. He’s the poster child of being honorable to a fault. You know who else had that as their defining attribute? Ned Stark. How did that work out for him? Remember, Melisandre isn’t around to bring you back from the dead anymore. And fuck you for sending Ghost to a farm upstate up North to live with the Wildlings. CGI budget that tight HBO?

I miss the old Tyrion.

I miss old Bronn too for that matter. I like to think he’s not that stupid to believe he’d be made lord of Highgarden.

Thank you Varys for not only seeing Dany is probably no longer the horse you want to back, but for finally vocalizing aloud she’s Jon Snow’s aunt!

Atta girl Missandei for going out like a boss though.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Idk, they were pretty fucking bomb when they ran a train on the Lannister army last season
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The first half of this episode felt like fan-fiction. Jamie and Brienne of Tarth sleeping together? Gendry legitimized and made lord of Storms End...then proposing to Arya? OK!

Of course Jon told his sisters about being the true heir to the throne. He’s the poster child of being honorable to a fault. You know who else had that as their defining attribute? Ned Stark. How did that work out for him? Remember, Melisandre isn’t around to bring you back from the dead anymore. And fuck you for sending Ghost to a farm upstate up North to live with the Wildlings. CGI budget that tight HBO?

I miss the old Tyrion.

I miss old Bronn too for that matter. I like to think he’s not that stupid to believe he’d be made lord of Highgarden.

Thank you Varys for not only seeing Dany is probably no longer the horse you want to back, but for finally vocalizing aloud she’s Jon Snow’s aunt!

Atta girl Missandei for going out like a boss though.

Missandei should of wrapped her chains around Cersei and hopped off the platform. Sansa thought about pushing Joffrey off in season 2, but the writing has gone to shit since then
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club

Is this your "Later guys" post?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    Founders Club
    Well guys... while skimming through the posts of this thread, you have completely sapped me of any desire to watch this series anymore. I was one episode into season 7.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,875
    edited May 2019

Another bullshit episode from the writers that can't wait to just phone in this show and end the fucking thing already.

That Iron Born v Dragon scene was particularly awful. Three straight hits with a ballista against a dragon flying at 100 mph from presumably a mile away. But then after that absurd display of accuracy, the remaining 20 shots all miss with the dragon flying directly toward the fleet. I'll suppress the book nerd side of me that's also pissed that the books specifically mentioned that dragon scales are too hard to penetrate with ballistas.

And fucking Christ, has Dany's army heard of scouts, or at least not bunching up all 20 of her ships so their vulnerable to getting obliterated in literal seconds? The writers have turned Dany's army into literal retards in order to move the plot along to what's bound to be its underwhelming conclusion.

Just euthanize this fucking show already.

Last week's episode was pretty solid without picking about some of the dumbfuck moves...lots of carnage and dying and shit. But this week's episode was ca-ca. Shit. Poo. Just fucking ridiculous.

Ain't no way the Kingslayer is bedding down Brianne of Tarth. Not gonna happen. Dude nails no less than 8's. Maybe a 7 if really really really drunk. Would have been way better to have the midget Tyrion and the giant Brianne hooking up. That's believable. Or maybe Arya and the Kingslayer rolling around after some grog - pretty sure her maiden voyage was less than satisfying and Jaimie knows his way around the magic triangle. Ice Kingslayer and the Kingslayer could pop out some nasty assassin babies, too.

And the fuck with the head-on charge by the dragons? All they fucking needed to do was swoop around and attack from the rear (life tip there for those paying attention). Just send all those fucking ships up in flames. No, instead Danny does a full-frontal raid and loses one of the only remaining decent parts of the show. Dumb bitch.

There's also only like, what, 3 episodes left. When is Sansa going to bust out the perkies and lock up the Iron Throne. And, quite frankly, who's left for her to hook up with in an alliance? Danny's already fucking her own nephew so is it that big of stretch to think Sansa may bust out one of Cersai's tricks and enchant Jon Snow with a trip down the Hershey Highway incest-style?!?

So much disappointment this season. Shit.