Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Game of Thrones season 8 mega thread

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    This is some good quad shitposting
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Well guys... while skimming through the posts of this thread, you have completely sapped me of any desire to watch this series anymore. I was one episode into season 7.

Se

Last night made me wonder why they bothered with this season

And Brienne is sneaky hot. Always has been

Well, she used to be a professional model.

Wood
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Drunk Irish guy ranting about how bad last episode was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di-jpyU8_JE

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Worst episode of the season. They whole Jaime/Brienne thing feels like a forced flaming pile of fan service. Love the laziness of killing another dragon to level the playing field... what the fuck was that shit? "Hey uhhhhhhhh we need to level the playing field can't have 2 dragons in the final fight. Lets just zip a couple of giant arrows at one from the ocean while they are flying then completely miss the other one in a dramatic effect by shooting 20 at once." awful.

The dragons were one of the coolest parts of the show that intrigued me. Drogon fucking shit up in season 7 was great and exactly how the dragons should be. Super oppressive because what the flying fuck are you going to do against a dragon? Ever since then such bullshit. First it was the Night Kings hail mary Hawkeye shot and fortunately the white walkers have 500 miles of gigantic chains ready to pull up a 4 billion ton dragon from the bottom of the sea. Next you have the 2 remaining dragons being completely underutilized in the battle of Winterfell because??????? Oh yea we want to make this shit super dramatic like sending the Dathraki on a suicide mission before. Then a metrosexual pirate puts in his Game Genie and activates the 100% accuracy cheat code... but only for 20 seconds because they other dragon needs to live!!1

I don't care at all about this Dany/Jon Aladdin incest storyline. It's so fucking stupid at this point. It's just in their for 16 year old girls at this point.

I knew this episode was going to be a set up for the final battle, but I was hoping to get some of the glaring questions answered from last episode and the ones before that. Specifically more shit about the White Walkers. I was hoping the Bran/Night King WWE staredown there was some sort of communication involved about everything since him and Bran were connected in some unexplainable way for awhile.

D&D obviously haven't a fucking clue what to do with Bran. He's pretty much the arbiter of all information and he's done jack shit the entire show. They've ruined any chance at making him meaningful.
    Fuck GRRM...D&D suck at writing, but it shouldn't have been their job. They were pretty good at taking way-to-detailed good books and parsing them down to be ~10 hours of a season which was about the first 4 seasons. Seems like GRRM had enough to get through another season or so, and then its pretty much gone to shite.

It's unfair to DD for having to do more creative than they signed up for, however how hard is it to hire a nerd consultant to flesh out inconsistencies and have a pulse on the soul of the story.

So many brilliant fanatics out there, someone could have guided them better. Just hand them the bullet points from RR and away we go.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2019
    Doogles said:

Worst episode of the season. They whole Jaime/Brienne thing feels like a forced flaming pile of fan service. Love the laziness of killing another dragon to level the playing field... what the fuck was that shit? "Hey uhhhhhhhh we need to level the playing field can't have 2 dragons in the final fight. Lets just zip a couple of giant arrows at one from the ocean while they are flying then completely miss the other one in a dramatic effect by shooting 20 at once." awful.

The dragons were one of the coolest parts of the show that intrigued me. Drogon fucking shit up in season 7 was great and exactly how the dragons should be. Super oppressive because what the flying fuck are you going to do against a dragon? Ever since then such bullshit. First it was the Night Kings hail mary Hawkeye shot and fortunately the white walkers have 500 miles of gigantic chains ready to pull up a 4 billion ton dragon from the bottom of the sea. Next you have the 2 remaining dragons being completely underutilized in the battle of Winterfell because??????? Oh yea we want to make this shit super dramatic like sending the Dathraki on a suicide mission before. Then a metrosexual pirate puts in his Game Genie and activates the 100% accuracy cheat code... but only for 20 seconds because they other dragon needs to live!!1

I don't care at all about this Dany/Jon Aladdin incest storyline. It's so fucking stupid at this point. It's just in their for 16 year old girls at this point.

I knew this episode was going to be a set up for the final battle, but I was hoping to get some of the glaring questions answered from last episode and the ones before that. Specifically more shit about the White Walkers. I was hoping the Bran/Night King WWE staredown there was some sort of communication involved about everything since him and Bran were connected in some unexplainable way for awhile.

D&D obviously haven't a fucking clue what to do with Bran. He's pretty much the arbiter of all information and he's done jack shit the entire show. They've ruined any chance at making him meaningful.
    Fuck GRRM...D&D suck at writing, but it shouldn't have been their job. They were pretty good at taking way-to-detailed good books and parsing them down to be ~10 hours of a season which was about the first 4 seasons. Seems like GRRM had enough to get through another season or so, and then its pretty much gone to shite.

It's unfair to DD for having to do more creative than they signed up for, however how hard is it to hire a nerd consultant to flesh out inconsistencies and have a pulse on the soul of the story.

So many brilliant fanatics out there, someone could have guided them better. Just hand them the bullet points from RR and away we go.
    George RR Martin already has a nerd crew doing that...he just has them tasked to work on new HBO spinoffs instead of finishing his story. Heck the 2 guys that write the Expanse series use to have that job.

Blame GRRM...he's the lazy fuck that doesn't want to finish his own story (I don't think he can...he got the world too big and doesn't know how to finish it. The rumor is he had a finished version of the Winds of Winter written and realized it was shite and has spent the last 3+ years trying to rewrite it...now that we are seeing his "original story" play out in Season 7/8 I'd have to agree...).
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,857
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Happy Mother’s Day Cersei!
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Dear magic 8ball

Will arya be a badass terminator this week or a whimpering pussy?

*shake shake shake*

Whimpering pussy.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019
    From a strictly spectacle point of view, seeing a dragon raise an entire major city was terrifying as all fuck and did not disappoint. They've hyped that since the first book in the 90s and holy shit.

Narratively, I need to digest what the fuck just happened. Seems to be a large disconnect between Dany being upset about losing/popularity/advisers and deciding to fucking firebomb King's Landing like it's Tokyo in edit March 1945 I knew that sigh.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019
    I don't mind the mad queen burning the city, but how we got here was insanely clumsy.
    Just really shitty shitty story telling.
    I'm praying RR has an entirely different ending in the book.
  • Options
    I didn't even watch it last night
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The more I reminisce about the show and the past few seasons...I never thought it was possible another series would devolve as much as Lost, but here we are.

They completely choked and mailed it in. The character inconsistencies, selective plot armor, geographic teleportation, time travel, meaningless story arcs, rushed conclusions, etc.

Hopefully the backlash will inspire RR to do it right and finish. Doubt it though.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,590
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Last night stunk of a latrine in the woods.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I must be in the minority, but after the complete shit show the last three seasons have been, last night was a return to form.

Yes Dany's descent into madness was rushed, but it still made sense narratively that this is the end result of all of her betrayals, losses, and insecurity of being second fiddle to Jon. I loved that Arya was finally mortal in this episode and that we got to see the absolute horror of what being a small folk entails when a city is conquered and sacked. The battle scene itself did a great job at being true to Drogon's power, and the arc of viewers at first being excited to see Dany dominate the battle only to have that change to horror once we see her turn into genocide mode was really well done. Cersei and Jaime didn't do much for me, but Jaime's ending at least made sense. Sleeping with Brienne made him realize that he only truly loves one woman, and despite all of the growth he's seen through the story, in the end his love for her was too strong and he was going to leave this world with her, just as he came in.
  • Options
    Lol

Dany just randomly snapping once she's won after being all about the people her whole life.