Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Game of Thrones season 8 mega thread

Comments

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

I must be in the minority, but after the complete shit show the last three seasons have been, last night was a return to form.

Yes Dany's descent into madness was rushed, but it still made sense narratively that this is the end result of all of her betrayals, losses, and insecurity of being second fiddle to Jon. I loved that Arya was finally mortal in this episode and that we got to see the absolute horror of what being a small folk entails when a city is conquered and sacked. The battle scene itself did a great job at being true to Drogon's power, and the arc of viewers at first being excited to see Dany dominate the battle only to have that change to horror once we see her turn into genocide mode was really well done. Cersei and Jaime didn't do much for me, but Jaime's ending at least made sense. Sleeping with Brienne made him realize that he only truly loves one woman, and despite all of the growth he's seen through the story, in the end his love for her was too strong and he was going to leave this world with her, just as he came in.

You can't just return to form after going off the rails. Drogon laid waste to the entire city with ease, yet him and his brother were complete pussies against the dead army. Should have taken out the iron fleet two episodes ago if it's that easy, oh that's right they were snipers then, now they are Storm troopers.

After watching all the major players meticulously plot each step like a creeping ninja assassin, they've gone full drunken retard crashing down the hall.
    And that's why the preceding episodes were so terrible. Especially as they related to using the dragons and some ridiculous warfare tactics. Nothing leading up to this episode made sense, but this episode, in a vacuum, did.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Why not just go harrenhall style on the damn red keep
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    That makes a ton of sense, but leaves me with one question: why did they have shorter final seasons knowing that plot arcs would get rushed?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited May 2019
    NEsnake12 said:

That makes a ton of sense, but leaves me with one question: why did they have shorter final seasons knowing that plot arcs would get rushed?
    Show runners have a new gig lined up.

https://www.starwars.com/news/game-of-thrones-creators-david-benioff-and-d-b-weiss-to-write-and-produce-a-new-series-of-star-wars-films
  • Options
    I'm somewhat happy that Gladdy is as bummed as I am.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2019
    Interesting mashup that really shows the divide between D&D and the cast. Can't blame them for investing so much time and care into their characters only to have them reach ridiculous conclusions.

https://youtu.be/EA7UQOYskas
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Euron was just cartoonishly evil
  • Options

Euron was just cartoonishly evil

One of the worst characters I can remember in any show
    Like why did he fight Jamie at the end?

Oh because he's evil. Duh.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck this show. They wrote and directed the last 2.5 seasons like their bags were packed and one foot was out the door.

I wish they would have just cancelled once they caught up with the books. It wouldn't have been satisfying, as I still loved it up to that point and wanted more, but what we got instead was ridiculous and unworthy of everything that went into the first few seasons.