Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Game of Thrones season 8 mega thread

Comments

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,042
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Can't we get back to talking about Seinfeld?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2019

for real though why did drogon attack the chair lol. am i missing something ??
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,252
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Anyone else feel like this was a setup for another season? Not that they are going to make it but,

Drogon goes east, the other red woman in meereen brings Danny back...

None of the rest of it felt like an ending to me either.

Oh well.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,854

Dat was some bullshit. Seven Kingdoms of fighters aren't going to live under a dude who has never fought.

As finales go, it was a'ight. Nothing special.

The least they could have done was a quickie between Sansa and Tyrion.

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,592
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I didn't even watch it. 10 years I've been so into this shit then totally lost interest the past few weeks

Sad
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,361
    Swaye's Wigwam

Anyone else feel like this was a setup for another season? Not that they are going to make it but,

Oh well.

Jon looking over his shoulder as he ponders his return with the Wildings to take his place on the throne
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

I'm surprised you don't get it.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Oh well.

It's set up for spin offs, if not a sequel, for sure.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,361
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The throne was melted so Vegas didn't have to pay off bets

No one sat on it
  • Options
    MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

The throne was melted so Vegas didn't have to pay off bets

No one sat on it

it was a cheap knock off made in China...plastic swords and Drogon was just proving it wasn't Valerian steel. It was a metaphor for the entire fucking 8 years.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

Cool scene but ridiculous to think a dragon could put two and two together and realize the throne killed her and not Jon.
  • Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Slept on it and I'm still kinda vexed. Absolutely nothing makes sense. Jon is forced to reform the Nights Watch, which is entirely unnecessary now, to avoid war with the Unsullied, who've been mostly wiped out and leave anyway, because the wars must end for some particular reason, even though he can be absolved of his crimes by one of two monarchs, both of whom are his siblings. How does this never come up during the writing process or the table reads?

Yeap, hopefully the books get released and there's some solace in that. I can only imagine how the cast must feel after putting in over a decade of their lives only to have the writers phone in the ending.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

Slept on it and I'm still kinda vexed. Absolutely nothing makes sense. Jon is forced to reform the Nights Watch, which is entirely unnecessary now, to avoid war with the Unsullied, who've been mostly wiped out and leave anyway, because the wars must end for some particular reason, even though he can be absolved of his crimes by one of two monarchs, both of whom are his siblings. How does this never come up during the writing process or the table reads?

Yeap, hopefully the books get released and there's some solace in that. I can only imagine how the cast must feel after putting in over a decade of their lives only to have the writers phone in the ending.
    They all got paid.

Handsomely.

#residuals.

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

They all got paid.

Handsomely.

#residuals.

I'm not about to pity them but it's pretty obvious lots of the cast had real love for the series and the fans. Regardless of the money, to have something you put that much of your life into turn into a pile of steaming shit in a short period of time when it could have been one of the best television series ever produced has got to feel pretty hollow.
  • Options

Gladstone said:

They all got paid.

Handsomely.

#residuals.

I'm not about to pity them but it's pretty obvious lots of the cast had real love for the series and the fans. Regardless of the money, to have something you put that much of your life into turn into a pile of steaming shit in a short period of time when it could have been one of the best television series ever produced has got to feel pretty hollow.

Nah....they're all gonna end up like Robb Stark leaping into some other series and boning relatively hot middle aged actresses like Keeley Hawes...

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

There's no more Night's Watch, but the Unsullied don't know that

It's just a means for Bran to put his cousin where Jon has always wanted to be anyway, in a bromance with Tormund