Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Game of Thrones season 8 mega thread

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,325
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Man sex scene number 2 I didn't want to see

HA! I turned to my wife and was like, "Uh... this is weird, but... this isn't a sex scene I want to watch. I really don't want to see this guy climb that man/woman mountain thing."

Another bullshit episode from the writers that can't wait to just phone in this show and end the fucking thing already.

That Iron Born v Dragon scene was particularly awful. Three straight hits with a ballista against a dragon flying at 100 mph from presumably a mile away. But then after that absurd display of accuracy, the remaining 20 shots all miss with the dragon flying directly toward the fleet. I'll suppress the book nerd side of me that's also pissed that the books specifically mentioned that dragon scales are too hard to penetrate with ballistas.

And fucking Christ, has Dany's army heard of scouts, or at least not bunching up all 20 of her ships so their vulnerable to getting obliterated in literal seconds? The writers have turned Dany's army into literal retards in order to move the plot along to what's bound to be its underwhelming conclusion.

Just euthanize this fucking show already.

Just like HH gets off most on the Huskies sucking, I'm finding I'm paying a lot more attention to this show the more cravenly it blows goats. I didn't even try catching up on my web goofing off while the wife watched last night. Nope, I watched the whole damned thing, as pointing out everything that was fucking stupid was way more entertaining than this hellhole. One of my favorites was exactly what you pointed out: "So they go 4/4 from a mile away, of course right into the dragon that Blondie's NOT on, and none of the other boats shoot at the other dragon at the same time? Then she flies right to point blank range, and they all suddenly shoot at once and miss? What the shit?"

"And, flying way up in the sky, how was she not able to see a giant fleet of ships behind a tiny little island?"

"And why wouldn't she just fly around behind the fleet, faster than they could turn those huge turrets, and roast them from behind?"

"Wait... whaaaat? Balless guy's girlfriend escapes in the dinghy, ten seconds later, the boats are destroyed and what's left of the army (read: any prominent character) are all in the water, and she's just mysteriously captured by the bad guys? How the fuck? Why wouldn't she be like 30 feet from all the people in the water, probably trying to pick as many up as possible and loading them into the dinghy? Who the hell captured her, and how did they get there to do so? And why wouldn't they just pick off the rest of the survivors like fish in a barrel while they were there? And... oh, just fuck it."

"So those huge crossbows that were able to hit a moving dragon from like a mile away are lining the castle walls. The dragon is just sitting there on the ground a couple hundred yards from the castle. Killing that dragon wins the war. Probably best to just not shoot at it..."

"And you have a hundred archers lining your castle wall, their army is in tight formation (sitting ducks) right there in range, you've just cut the chick's head off and (re)declared war, so why not follow that with a volley of arrows?"

"Why doesn't she just fly the dragon over on the next moonless night, burn the fuck out of the whole opposing naval fleet, then burn the fuck out of every giant crossbow on the tower walls, then burn the fuck out of the palace in the middle of the castle, where Cercei is staying, then call it a day? I mean, really, why even bring the army along at all? It's clear a pair of dragons is as good as an army if you have the element of surprise, so why not just fly in one night and fuck the whole place up and THEN bring in your army?"
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Well guys... while skimming through the posts of this thread, you have completely sapped me of any desire to watch this series anymore. I was one episode into season 7.

Fine. But you must not be enjoying it enough to finish on your own accord, because I know there is no way in hell you'd let the opinions of the nega pekkkerwoods of this place affect your decision.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,948
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Easy explanation: Starbucks is everywhere, even Winterfell
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    If'ns you don't wan to hate watch the remaining 2 episodes, just read this blog post which covers the remaining major plot points via some vetted leaks...

https://theconcourse.deadspin.com/some-major-plot-points-from-the-final-two-game-of-thron-1834557297
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Last night made me wonder why they bothered with this season

And Brienne is sneaky hot. Always has been
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Well guys... while skimming through the posts of this thread, you have completely sapped me of any desire to watch this series anymore. I was one episode into season 7.

Se

Well, she used to be a professional model.

• Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Worst episode of the season. They whole Jaime/Brienne thing feels like a forced flaming pile of fan service. Love the laziness of killing another dragon to level the playing field... what the fuck was that shit? "Hey uhhhhhhhh we need to level the playing field can't have 2 dragons in the final fight. Lets just zip a couple of giant arrows at one from the ocean while they are flying then completely miss the other one in a dramatic effect by shooting 20 at once." awful.

The dragons were one of the coolest parts of the show that intrigued me. Drogon fucking shit up in season 7 was great and exactly how the dragons should be. Super oppressive because what the flying fuck are you going to do against a dragon? Ever since then such bullshit. First it was the Night Kings hail mary Hawkeye shot and fortunately the white walkers have 500 miles of gigantic chains ready to pull up a 4 billion ton dragon from the bottom of the sea. Next you have the 2 remaining dragons being completely underutilized in the battle of Winterfell because??????? Oh yea we want to make this shit super dramatic like sending the Dathraki on a suicide mission before. Then a metrosexual pirate puts in his Game Genie and activates the 100% accuracy cheat code... but only for 20 seconds because they other dragon needs to live!!1

I don't care at all about this Dany/Jon Aladdin incest storyline. It's so fucking stupid at this point. It's just in their for 16 year old girls at this point.

I knew this episode was going to be a set up for the final battle, but I was hoping to get some of the glaring questions answered from last episode and the ones before that. Specifically more shit about the White Walkers. I was hoping the Bran/Night King WWE staredown there was some sort of communication involved about everything since him and Bran were connected in some unexplainable way for awhile.

D&D obviously haven't a fucking clue what to do with Bran. He's pretty much the arbiter of all information and he's done jack shit the entire show. They've ruined any chance at making him meaningful.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Se

Well, she used to be a professional model.

Needs more pigment.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Side note about Euron. Back after he pushed Theon's dad off the bridge and then claimed to be the leader of the Iron fleet.... Theon and his sister took all of their ships and bounced. Then Euron asked his guys (which were like 20 people) to go back home cut their trees and build him all these dragon slaying boats. How much of a time skip has it been since that? No way he would be able to build all those beautifully engineered ships in that minimal amount of time. That would take decades.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    This season feels like exactly what would’ve happened if Disney bought the rights to GoT and made a watered down, fan servicing POS for the masses to eat up.

Episode 2 was still fantastic though.

A stronger final 2 episodes can help salvage, but I’m not optimistic
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    Founders Club
    We need to have cersei kill someone to show that she's become a cartoonish monster even worse than the night King, I know how about missendei?

How would that work? She's in the north.

Oh just have euron grab her in like an ambush or something.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    God the writing on this show has become serious trash.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    the dragon queen and her last dragon are literally right in front of me with no army whatsoever and we've established that my ballista can fire further than any weapon created prior to the 1900s... better just not end this now
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Dany wants to be brutal and direct.

Advisers talk her out of it.

Things go bad.

She insists on being brutal and direct.

Advisers urge her to be cautious.

Things begin to escalate.

She points out that being brutal and direct would solve the problem.

Advisers propose something that backfires.

Things get worse.

Dany gets fed up and does the brutal and direct thing she wanted to from the beginning.

Success!

Advisers conspire to commit treason because Dany insists on being brutal and direct.