Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Game of Thrones season 8 mega thread

Comments

• Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

im sort of resorting to a hanlons "never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity" and calming my nerdrage and going away. i'll be in the corner furiously masturbating about the final 2 books that will never release. kill me.

Or you could do what I'm doing, rereading the Dune books, another unfinished masterpeace

frustration all over again
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    DUNE is all time great sci-fi, but I stopped after the first one. I heard the sequels weren't that good though. You recommend reading them?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,261
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

DUNE is all time great sci-fi, but I stopped after the first one. I heard the sequels weren't that good though. You recommend reading them?

I loved them when I read them. I was also 13? when I did though. Definitely some slow development in some of the books to power through but overall I remember them kindly. Might be time to reread them as well.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The lost episode

Hey let's burn them up with dragons. Wait we have 80 minutes to fill with darkness and shadows fighting each other. Pull back the dragons for no reason. Let's go to Bronn. Well that sucks

Let's kill Theon. He's a good guy.

60 minutes of unintelligible battle should do it.

Did we win? I couldn't tell.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited April 2019
    Gladstone said:

I read the first 3 last year

Lost interest during the 3rd don't remember the 2nd

I've read pretty much every fantasy series
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Yes. Messiah isn't that great, since it's about Paul losing his nerve and failing to fulfill the vision. Children is better, as Leto picks up where Paul failed. God Emperor was my least favorite as a teenager, but I find that I'm really enjoying it as an old fuck. Heretics was my favorite after the original; the Bashar Teg is one of my favorite characters in the series. Chapter House was good as I recall but it's been a long time since I've read it. The several pulp volumes written many years after Herbert's death, supposedly after his general outline of the Big Picture was found in a safe deposit box, are all shit. Read the wiki pages on them if you want to know what Herbert's plan was for the whole story, but don't waste your time slogging through the dreck books that lesser men penned.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,314
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

The lost episode

Hey let's burn them up with dragons. Wait we have 80 minutes to fill with darkness and shadows fighting each other. Pull back the dragons for no reason. Let's go to Bronn. Well that sucks

Let's kill Theon. He's a good guy.

Less concise than my version, but at least you know people's names. 10/10 review. I chinned.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I really wanted the Night King to kneel to Bran at the end. Overall I liked the episode even though as others have pointed out the ending was just prototypical super hero bs.

Should be chintersting to see how Dany, Jon, two dragons, and about 100 survivors try to defeat Cersei, the Golden Company, and the Iron Fleet, who look pretty tan ready and rested. Hopefully there are one or two more major twists to come.

Tyrion or Jamie will strangle Cersei (it's prophecy)

CleganeBowl is still in play.

Arya is a fucking super hero so she's got superhero skillz. Able to be in library full of wights undetected. Years of assassin training so of course she can go undetected until the last second.

I had no problem with Arya running around murdering fools, but when fat Sam is basically attempting to body surf zombies for ten minutes straight eventually he has to die, right?

Also in regards to the prophecy the red women told Arya she would kill people with Brown (Walder Frey), Blue (Night King), and Green eyes (Cersei?), so look for her to sneak in with Jamie or Tyrion’s face after Bronn crossbows them and merc Cersei.
    Hodorstop.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    I'm so fucking pissed my ride or die bitch Lyanna died. But at least she went out like a boss.

I didn't hate the episode like everyone else. Probably because I only saw approximately 45 seconds of it. The other hour and a 20 minutes was just flashes of light and screaming. Heard dragons a couple times. Bet they were doing something cool.

I thought the ending with Arya was actually bad ass and unexpected. To me anyway. I am a well known dumbass though. Mostly I was just happy I could see it.

I'll give anything for Arya to kill Cersei. Also, I hate Dany even more now. She sucks.
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    El_KEl_K Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,100
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Arya showed no signs of sore thighs or a torn up vagina. Or Gendry is hung like an elevator button
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

The lost episode

Sounds like last year's Cal game
    I swear to God above I wrote my little joke and hit POST COMMENT and then scrolled up this page and saw your joke. LAMO

I would say great minds think alike, but you're not a great mind. So, I'm not sure what to say.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Helm's Deep // Winterfell lighting comparison:

https://imgur.com/a/w6mzYyE

dang

Yeah, it was bad. Again, I liked the episode from a theoretical perspective, but the darkness was just terrible.

More random thoughts;

So did the second non zombie dragon survive? I don't recall seeing him after he crashed with what I assume was Jon but couldn't tell.

Who died in the crypts? Outside of seeing Tyrion and Sansa share a moment behind a crypt, I couldn't see shit.

Melissandre not showing those magic titties again before offing herself was bullshit.

Watching the Dothraki charge and get annihilated was awesome. Really gave some gravity to the entire battle to follow. Too bad the battle to follow was so dark I couldn't see any of it.

I have been annoyed with Bran for about 5 years now. He reached peak suck last episode. And what the fuck is the deal with him? What is trying to do? What does the 3 eyed raven try to do? What is the point of this entire 8 year story arc?

The Bran shit above is why I liked Arya killing the NK. It gave meaning to her entire arc. The years of assassin training, and all her journey, to get to that point of ultimate bad assery. I feel like we never got that kind of pay off with the NK or Bran (so far). Was all that shit I watched with Bran all those years just so he could set up the "Jon Snow is really the rightful King?" Sure, that's a big deal, but fuck.

Also, nobody died. I mean fuck outside of Lyanna everyone who died sucked anyway. It was shit for realism as well. I mean thousands are slaughtered but at the very end Tarth bitch, Jamie and Sam are all backs against the wall but have survived? The only three out there still living? Bullshit. Contrived. Fuck off. Theon and Jorah was the best you could do? I wanted them to pick one of Sansa, Arya, Jon, Dany, Jamie and Tyrion and kill them. True main characters. Hell, they should have killed two of them to make it real. That was weak.

Okay, enough bitching. Who the fuck is left to fight Cersei? Sure, all the main characters and......um, welp, um, like 200 more people? Also, the Nights Watch is completely annihilated. Done. Wrecked. Then again everything north of the wall is dead as well, so fuck it, I guess. Warden of the North, or the King in the North...it doesn't fucking matter because there are only like 1000 people left total in the North. Probably less, and most of them are women and children. Look at House Umber- all dead. House Mormont? All dead. Piles of other northern houses? All dead. Wildlings? Mostly dead. It's a shitshow up north and there is nobody left to fight Cersei. That cunt.

Arya better do some serious assassin shit, and I am all in on the Cleganbowl!