Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Game of Thrones season 8 mega thread

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,826
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    El_K said:

Was it me or did Arya look unenthused about just getting some D for the first time? Gendry was asleep after blasting Arya's insides with his hot cookies so he probably thogh he laid it down well. But Arya had a look on her face "that's it"

Rookie move. She should have forced Gendry to dine at the Y before jumping on his three wood. Dude was only going to last 7.3 seconds.

• Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Gladstone said:

The episode felt like a giant goodbye to lots of characters. Which do you think will die? Here are my random guesses.

Theon: 95% chance of dying. Perfect conclusion to die defending the people and Castle he betrayed.
    Jorah: 80%. Hope he does Sam’s sword proud before he falls.
    Pod: 66%. Him or Brienne.
    Sansa: 10%. Unfinished political stuff.
    Danaerys: 40%. Would be a shock in a show famous for them.
    Tyrion: 55%. He’s not staying in the Crypts. Heroic death?
    Tormund: 60%. Hope not.
    Davos: 70% At last he proves himself a fighter but dies?
    Brienne of Tarth: 33%. Her or Pod. Hope not because I want her with Jaime badly lol.
    Sam: 70%, maybe defending Gilly?
    Jon: 40%. See Danaerys.
    Jaime: 70%. Full redemption.
    The Hound: 85% Wouldn’t surprise.
    Arya: 50% Someone big will die for sure.
    Gilly: 15% Fate interchangeable with little Sam
    Little Sam: 15%
    Beric Dondarrion: 95%. Goes out gloriously with his flaming sword.
    Gendry: 50%. Either him and Arya both love or die.
    Lord Royce (older guy who commands Knights of the Vale and bodyguards Sansa): 80%, hero of Battle of Bastards likely dies.
    Lady Mormont: 0%. https://i.imgur.com/eBCE5RX.gif?noredirect
    Greyworm: 60% I guess?
    Missandei: 30%.

I think this is pretty accurate however Grey Worm, Lady Brienne, Pod, Tormund, Ser Jorah, Davos, Gendry, and Theon I think are all basically 100 percent dead next episode.

I think the Hound still has Clegane Bowl to look forward too.

Wouldn’t surprise me if one of the major major characters dies as well, with Arya and Tyrion the most likely. Arya is 100 percent gonna try to murc the Night King or Ice Dragon with her new dragon glass spear and I could see it not working out super well for her.

Also who knows if the Night King is even there or if he is flying south to fuck up somewhere else.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Says his two loves are literary fantasy and football. Maybe I'll get reincarnated as GRRM some day.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BearsWiin said:

Gladstone said:

BearsWiin said:

NEsnake12 said:

Thinking about it more, I feel like the Hound is the only side character who can’t die next episode.

He has unfinished business with zombie Mountain

The witch's prophesy says that Cersei will be killed by a little brother, but she didn't say which one or whether they'd be wights when they did it

Dude do you even Feast for Crows

"And when your tears have drowned you, the Valonqar shall wrap his hands about your pale white throat and choke the life from you."
    Cersei as a white walker? possible?
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    Swaye's Wigwam

Gladstone said:

The episode felt like a giant goodbye to lots of characters. Which do you think will die? Here are my random guesses.

Theon: 95% chance of dying. Perfect conclusion to die defending the people and Castle he betrayed.
    Jorah: 80%. Hope he does Sam’s sword proud before he falls.
    Pod: 66%. Him or Brienne.
    Sansa: 10%. Unfinished political stuff.
    Danaerys: 40%. Would be a shock in a show famous for them.
    Tyrion: 55%. He’s not staying in the Crypts. Heroic death?
    Tormund: 60%. Hope not.
    Davos: 70% At last he proves himself a fighter but dies?
    Brienne of Tarth: 33%. Her or Pod. Hope not because I want her with Jaime badly lol.
    Sam: 70%, maybe defending Gilly?
    Jon: 40%. See Danaerys.
    Jaime: 70%. Full redemption.
    The Hound: 85% Wouldn’t surprise.
    Arya: 50% Someone big will die for sure.
    Gilly: 15% Fate interchangeable with little Sam
    Little Sam: 15%
    Beric Dondarrion: 95%. Goes out gloriously with his flaming sword.
    Gendry: 50%. Either him and Arya both love or die.
    Lord Royce (older guy who commands Knights of the Vale and bodyguards Sansa): 80%, hero of Battle of Bastards likely dies.
    Lady Mormont: 0%. https://i.imgur.com/eBCE5RX.gif?noredirect
    Greyworm: 60% I guess?
    Missandei: 30%.

I think this is pretty accurate however Grey Worm, Lady Brienne, Pod, Tormund, Ser Jorah, Davos, Gendry, and Theon I think are all basically 100 percent dead next episode.

I think the Hound still has Clegane Bowl to look forward too.

Wouldn’t surprise me if one of the major major characters dies as well, with Arya and Tyrion the most likely. Arya is 100 percent gonna try to murc the Night King or Ice Dragon with her new dragon glass spear and I could see it not working out super well for her.

Also who knows if the Night King is even there or if he is flying south to fuck up somewhere else.

• Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

Says his two loves are literary fantasy and football. Maybe I'll get reincarnated as GRRM some day.

He’s a New York Giants fan.

Wun Wun the Giant was named after Phil Simms, who wore #11 for the NYG
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    GLADSTONESTOp
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943
    The way Brienne had that big happy smile made me think no way she survives. They don’t really do Bob Kraft style happy endings on GOT.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    Standard Supporter

The way Brienne had that big happy smile made me think no way she survives. They don’t really do Bob Kraft style happy endings on GOT.

I could see her watching Pod die, get distracted and then get cut down. She then dies in Jamie’s arms.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,826
    edited April 2019

The Throbber needs to see Melisandre's magical rack one last time....

• Options
    Founders Club
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited April 2019
    https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a26110455/littlefinger-alive-game-of-thrones/

Interesting theory but there's not enough time for this to happen, I think. More likely his huge difference in personality/choices in S7 was just bad writing. I'd love to be wrong though.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    Swaye said:

GRRM is a fat loser piece of shit. No way he finishes these books. He doesn't even care anymore. He just goes to Comic Cons and then goes home and rolls around in buckets of KFC and money. Rich Fat Fucker.

He could have been remembered like Tolkien. Instead he will be remembered as the guy who almost wrote the best fantasy world ever but got fat and lazy instead.

Artist depiction:

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    El_K said:

Was it me or did Arya look unenthused about just getting some D for the first time? Gendry was asleep after blasting Arya's insides with his hot cookies so he probably thogh he laid it down well. But Arya had a look on her face "that's it"

Gendry may have the body but Pod has the dick that don’t quit. Ask the whores.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

El_K said:

Gendry may have the body but Pod has the dick that don’t quit. Ask the whores.
    Bronn knows
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited April 2019
    Super late entry but last episode was the best one in ages. Makes Season 7 piss me off even more. Load of dreck. It's like someone remembered character development and storytelling.

I am so fucking pumped for this battle.

Also a bit surprised none of you dumb donkeys see the Night King winning it all. Okay, not likely, but i can dream.

Also, I like the "Dany (she is really fucking annoying to me and I basically hate her) shivs Jon because he went all noble Jon and spilled the beans but then Sansa fucks her up or just outlives her and somehow kicks Cersei's ass (that chick fight would give me a boner for weeks) and runs the whole fucking show with Winterfell as they new seat of power for the realm" angle.

Oh yeah, Theon is absolutely dead this episode, and Brienne as well. Cook it.

Bronn cannot be killed by conventional methods and will live forever. If Tyrion dies I will throw my TV out the window and shoot something.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Wore my "I Drink and I Know Things" tank top while trimming the hedges in the front yard this afternoon

Will be wearing my "I Am The God of Tits and Wine" shirt tonight