Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Update on Snow Storm

123457»

Comments

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

Laocoön said:

It's back! Totally snowing in MapleLeaf again!

Is that the name Maple Valley is going by these days? Good name change. Maple Leaf is much more classy.
    I could buy a palace in Maple Valley for the cost of my Maple Leaf dump. Fun fact: there is a dive bar in our hood called “the Rez”. I’m scared to go in there out of fear that a drunk injun might kick my ass.
    One of the worst fucking dive bars I've ever known is actually right down the street here in HB. It's a left over of the oil town days and has been a shit hole for at least 40+ years. We still end up there occasionally bc it's the last bar open and they will serve you a beer at 1:59 so long as you finish it by 2am but holy shit is it a POS. Gotta admire the ownerships commitment to their niche at least.

I've been in shitty awful dives in bad neighborhoods around the world and I can honestly say that it's still one of the worst but also one of the best of it's kind bc of that.

I'll take you there next time you are in the OC Yella.
    An oil bar? That sounds greasy.
    I wouldn't call it an oil bar. There are some of those in Long Beach and other historical oil boom places where you can still find "wildcatters, pipeliners, refiners, etc." drinking after their shifts. Just an artifact from a time when HB was known for oil, strawberry fields, and TUFF local surfers. Skeezy and blue collar in its nature. Run-down to the point of it becoming the aesthetic theme of the place.

@Pitchfork51 BitchFork free Pub!!
    btp still hasnt seen it i bet
    Nope but I’m high as a motherfucker and looking for a movie what is it?
    ROAD HOUSE you cunt!

It's even better than cocktail!
    Road House sucks.
    Petermangetout.gif
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Laocoön said:

Is that the name Maple Valley is going by these days? Good name change. Maple Leaf is much more classy.
    I could buy a palace in Maple Valley for the cost of my Maple Leaf dump. Fun fact: there is a dive bar in our hood called “the Rez”. I’m scared to go in there out of fear that a drunk injun might kick my ass.
    One of the worst fucking dive bars I've ever known is actually right down the street here in HB. It's a left over of the oil town days and has been a shit hole for at least 40+ years. We still end up there occasionally bc it's the last bar open and they will serve you a beer at 1:59 so long as you finish it by 2am but holy shit is it a POS. Gotta admire the ownerships commitment to their niche at least.

I've been in shitty awful dives in bad neighborhoods around the world and I can honestly say that it's still one of the worst but also one of the best of it's kind bc of that.

I wouldn't call it an oil bar. There are some of those in Long Beach and other historical oil boom places where you can still find "wildcatters, pipeliners, refiners, etc." drinking after their shifts. Just an artifact from a time when HB was known for oil, strawberry fields, and TUFF local surfers. Skeezy and blue collar in its nature. Run-down to the point of it becoming the aesthetic theme of the place.

ROAD HOUSE you cunt!

Road House sucks.
    Petermangetout.gif
    Top Gun sucks too.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Laocoön said:

ROAD HOUSE you cunt!

Road House sucks.
    You’re a gay

Laocoön said:

ROAD HOUSE you cunt!

Road House sucks.
    Petermangetout.gif
    Top Gun sucks too.
    Agreed
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

Laocoön said:

ROAD HOUSE you cunt!

Road House sucks.
    Petermangetout.gif
    Top Gun sucks too.
    It sucks hard. But it has a few redeeming qualities. I mean it’s not like Iron Eagle.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Laocoön said:

ROAD HOUSE you cunt!

Road House sucks.
    Petermangetout.gif
    Top Gun sucks too.
    It sucks hard. But it has a few redeeming qualities. I mean it’s not like Iron Eagle.
    I'd rather go back to discussing tires than shit movies.

Of course, I don't at all contribute to anything around here, opting instead to complain about everything like a grumpy old geezer.

oldmanyellsatcloud.gif
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Iron Eagle is a classic
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

Laocoön said:

ROAD HOUSE you cunt!

Road House sucks.
    Warned.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club

Iron Lung Eagle is a classic

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    Standard Supporter
    Swaye said:

Talking shit on Road House or Top Gun is now a bannable offense. You have been warned.

I can’t watch either. Cringey.

Later guys.

Swaye said:

Talking shit on Road House or Top Gun is now a bannable offense. You have been warned.

Later guys.
    You're too stupid to have a good time!
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,701
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How much snow you bitches still have?

I could go to weather channel or Seattle times but asking you fucks will likely be more entertaining.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    shouldn't this thread on movies be in the arts and entertainment boardYella's bored?

btw never saw Road House or Top Gun so can't comment - youse guys kinda tough on ol'Grundle
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    LebamDawg said:

shouldn't this thread on movies be in the arts and entertainment boardYella's bored?

youse guys kinda tough on ol'Grundle

That's what she said. ;)
  • Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,955
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Later guys.
    You're too stupid to have a good time!
    Classic!

https://youtu.be/SeKVwumCmBE

@Pitchfork51, if you change your avatar back to the Patrick Swayze Roadhouse one, I’ll buy you a supporter badge.

Oh, and AGREE! with @Swaye, Top Gun is awesome and no one can convince me otherwise.

https://youtu.be/kyAn3fSs8_A