Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Update on Snow Storm

Comments

• PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Me and @Laocoön and Clam Dip Bazey need your Ts and Ps mor than ever. Power is out now.

I have power over here on top of Finn Hill.
    Founders Club

Me and @Laocoön and Clam Dip Bazey need your Ts and Ps mor than ever. Power is out now.

Fucking rich east side bastard.
    I'm now about 1/2 rich.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Pouring rain in Olympia. It's a slushy mess on the side streets.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Laocoön said:

It's back! Totally snowing in MapleLeaf again!

Is that the name Maple Valley is going by these days? Good name change. Maple Leaf is much more classy.
    I could buy a palace in Maple Valley for the cost of my Maple Leaf dump. Fun fact: there is a dive bar in our hood called “the Rez”. I’m scared to go in there out of fear that a drunk injun might kick my ass.
    One of the worst fucking dive bars I've ever known is actually right down the street here in HB. It's a left over of the oil town days and has been a shit hole for at least 40+ years. We still end up there occasionally bc it's the last bar open and they will serve you a beer at 1:59 so long as you finish it by 2am but holy shit is it a POS. Gotta admire the ownerships commitment to their niche at least.

I've been in shitty awful dives in bad neighborhoods around the world and I can honestly say that it's still one of the worst but also one of the best of it's kind bc of that.

I'll take you there next time you are in the OC Yella.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club

who is Finn Hill?
  • CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

who is Finn Hill?
    He poasts here - you should know that.

#Stalinslipping
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Laocoön said:

Is that the name Maple Valley is going by these days? Good name change. Maple Leaf is much more classy.
    I could buy a palace in Maple Valley for the cost of my Maple Leaf dump. Fun fact: there is a dive bar in our hood called “the Rez”. I’m scared to go in there out of fear that a drunk injun might kick my ass.
    One of the worst fucking dive bars I've ever known is actually right down the street here in HB. It's a left over of the oil town days and has been a shit hole for at least 40+ years. We still end up there occasionally bc it's the last bar open and they will serve you a beer at 1:59 so long as you finish it by 2am but holy shit is it a POS. Gotta admire the ownerships commitment to their niche at least.

I've been in shitty awful dives in bad neighborhoods around the world and I can honestly say that it's still one of the worst but also one of the best of it's kind bc of that.

An oil bar? That sounds greasy.
    Founders Club

@YellowSnow, if it makes you feel any better, I lost power around 0130 and got it back at 1230.

Nothing changed with me.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Laocoön said:

I wouldn't call it an oil bar. There are some of those in Long Beach and other historical oil boom places where you can still find "wildcatters, pipeliners, refiners, etc." drinking after their shifts. Just an artifact from a time when HB was known for oil, strawberry fields, and TUFF local surfers. Skeezy and blue collar in its nature. Run-down to the point of it becoming the aesthetic theme of the place.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

@YellowSnow, if it makes you feel any better, I lost power around 0130 and got it back at 1230.

Nothing changed with me.
    So Finn Hill is 440 feet in elevation vs 466 feet for Maple Leaf. But you're further from the Sound to more accumulation. We only got about 6" of the heavy stuff vs 9" for Finn.

#hilltopdickmeasuring
    Founders Club

Nothing changed with me.
    So Finn Hill is 440 feet in elevation vs 466 feet for Maple Leaf. But you're further from the Sound to more accumulation. We only got about 6" of the heavy stuff vs 9" for Finn.

#hilltopdickmeasuring
    I may have gotten more snow, but I couldn't handle the Leaf's ALTITUDE.

Is it true that most of the snow on the Leaf is now yellow?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Laocoön said:

Used to be a couple drunk injuns who hung out on Karaoke night at the Full Moon Saloon in West Seattle. One had a pretty good voice. The other looked like that Nathan Phillips fucker on the edge of death. They might have been related. I didn't ask.

Today, to avoid trouble, I'd presume they were a married couple and work backwards from there.
  • dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    How are all of you not dead yet? Kinda disappointed honestly.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

This whole Stalin thing is so ridiculous if you think about it

As long as Hondo lives, this statement is 100% accurate.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pussy bitchass power was scared to go out in Tac Town. Get yo azz beat on some real shit homie.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

Laocoön said:

I wouldn't call it an oil bar. There are some of those in Long Beach and other historical oil boom places where you can still find "wildcatters, pipeliners, refiners, etc." drinking after their shifts. Just an artifact from a time when HB was known for oil, strawberry fields, and TUFF local surfers. Skeezy and blue collar in its nature. Run-down to the point of it becoming the aesthetic theme of the place.

@Pitchfork51 BitchFork free Pub!!
    btp still hasnt seen it i bet
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Laocoön said:

@Pitchfork51 BitchFork free Pub!!
    btp still hasnt seen it i bet
    Nope but I’m high as a motherfucker and looking for a movie what is it?
  • DHDDHD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,401
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    edited February 2019
    Went to law school with one of the dudes that played a bar tender at the Double Deuce.

I asked him one day if he had any contact with Kelly Lynch during filming.

He got real smug and told me he didn't want to talk about his "acting career".

Out of nowhere I shot back with, "wasn't talking about you, was asking about Kelly Lynch".

Douche bag never saw that coming and I just walked away.

One of the few times when the insult you wish you had chambered actually was chambered.