Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

If Medicare for all is such a slick no brainer

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,942
    Unless you support a program that will bankrupt the country you're a "moderate."

And yes I understand your Kunt logic argument about "taxpayers" currently paying for their own healthcare therefore it won't cost us anymore if the Federal government just picks up the entire tab.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    How exactly would a program that costs 32 trillion over 10 years bankrupt the country when we’re already projected to spend 34 trillion?
  • HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937

How exactly would a program that costs 32 trillion over 10 years bankrupt the country when we’re already projected to spend 34 trillion?

Yep, current health spending would cost more over 10 years because of the insurance and pharma middlemen vultures. But that spending is good because it makes health execs rich and then they donate to the GOP and centrist Dems.
  • WestlinnDuckWestlinnDuck Member Posts: 15,003 Standard Supporter
    Define efficient.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    SFGbob said:

Yes, yes Hondo. It's going to save all us a boat load of money just like Obamacare did. Hondo you love swallowing like a bitch, I get it. Most of us don't.

If you think that providing everyone with "free" healthcare isn't going to raise taxes and increasing waiting times then you're stupider than I could have ever believed and Hondo I think you're one stupid motherfucker.

Who said free healthcare? Are you autistic or some shit? Medicare for all would be increasing the Medicare tax rate. Anyone who thinks anyone is said it's free is fucktarded.

And how do you think there would be longer waiting lines? Hospitals would still operate as businesses, and most are non profits already. In our system, they would still have to maintain a service or people will go to another hospital. The insurance system that pays for it has zero bearing on the wait line. Dumbfuck.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,942
    edited January 2019
    SFGbob said:

Really? So none of those 10% are people who are self-employed or young people they are just really "fucked up" people. Gosh I wish I could be smart like you.

And all this time I thought these really "fucked up" people, who of course you don't identify but for the sake of argument I'm going to assume they are poor and unemployed, were already covered by Medicaid.

But then again, I'm not smart like you. You believe that the 10% of uninsured people in the US are all homeless, poor people who aren't covered by Medicaid.

Yeah, you're a fucking genius.

Oh, yeah. I forgot. You need everything spelled out for you in categorical terms so you don't make an idiot of yourself.

Addendum to my last post: some of the 10% are employed and not homeless or suffering from some addiction or mental illness or condition that makes them uninsurable. Most of those people are uninsured because they can't afford it.

For the dip shit who needs it spelled out so he doesn't get confused, there are people who are employed, make enough $, don't have mental issues or suffer from other problems who just don't fucking feel like having health insurance. Let's make healthcare policy with those people squarely in focus.

Is that better Sally? You're the one who asked, "why can't they do what we do?" I gave you an answer. The clear-thinking and able want coverage and pay for it if they can swing it. Either way, we pay for the care of the uninsured anyway.

SFGbob said:

Really? So none of those 10% are people who are self-employed or young people they are just really "fucked up" people. Gosh I wish I could be smart like you.

And all this time I thought these really "fucked up" people, who of course you don't identify but for the sake of argument I'm going to assume they are poor and unemployed, were already covered by Medicaid.

But then again, I'm not smart like you. You believe that the 10% of uninsured people in the US are all homeless, poor people who aren't covered by Medicaid.

Oh, yeah. I forgot. You need everything spelled out for you in categorical terms so you don't make an idiot of yourself.

Addendum to my last post: some of the 10% are employed and not homeless or suffering from some addiction or mental illness or condition that makes them uninsurable. Most of those people are uninsured because they can't afford it.

For the dip shit who needs it spelled out so he doesn't get confused, there are people who are employed, make enough $, don't have mental issues or suffer from other problems who just don't fucking feel like having health insurance. Let's make healthcare policy with those people squarely in focus.

Is that better Sally? You're the one who asked, "why can't they do what we do?" I gave you an answer. The clear-thinking and able want coverage and pay for it if they can swing it. Either way, we pay for the care of the uninsured anyway.

That last sentence is the part the simple minded don't get. They say it, with comments like "the laws say we have to treat people regardless in the ER". They don't make the correlation that the people with medical insurance are the ones who pay for that already. They also say that the ER is the most expensive care. But they don't make the correlation that if those people had a path to see a doctor before they need the ER, it would save everyone money.

We are projected to spend $34 trillion in tax dollars over the next 10 years?
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

Yes, yes Hondo. It's going to save all us a boat load of money just like Obamacare did. Hondo you love swallowing like a bitch, I get it. Most of us don't.

If you think that providing everyone with "free" healthcare isn't going to raise taxes and increasing waiting times then you're stupider than I could have ever believed and Hondo I think you're one stupid motherfucker.

Who said free healthcare? Are you autistic or some shit? Medicare for all would be increasing the Medicare tax rate. Anyone who thinks anyone is said it's free is fucktarded.

And how do you think there would be longer waiting lines? Hospitals would still operate as businesses, and most are non profits already. In our system, they would still have to maintain a service or people will go to another hospital. The insurance system that pays for it has zero bearing on the wait line. Dumbfuck.
    As soon as it is explained to people that Medicare for all would require them to pay higher taxes support for the program drops like a rock. And yes plenty of parasites see single payer Government run healthcare as "free" healthcare.

SFGbob said:

Baaaaaaaack Track. Yeah, blame me because you stuck your head up your ass and proclaimed the 10% to be made up of "fucked up" people.

So now you're back to admitting that the 10% consists of mostly people aren't poor but just chose not to purchase health insurance for some reason. So then why do we have to change our entire healthcare system where 90% of the people have some form of coverage for the 10% who don't?

And fuck you with your "spelled out" bullshit. You were clearly claiming that the 10% consisted almost entirely of these supposedly "fucked up" people when the reality is that those people are already covered by Medicaid.
    As to your stupid question, it might help if you didn't complicate things so much. The 10% don't do what the rest of us do because they're fucked up you moron; and a lot of them will always be fucked up. The reasons why are infinite and range from the obvious to the subtle. There's no devil, just brain chemistry. Everybody but you, apparently, seems to know this. Whether to deal with them, insure them, step over them in the street or just accept that we're already indirectly paying for them is a matter of personal philosophy.

What a fucking lying piece of shit you are Coug.
    SFGbob said:

If anyone was still wondering whether Bob engages in good faith. Your meandering between intentional and actual stupidity is certainly something.
    edited January 2019

SFGbob said:

If anyone was still wondering whether Bob engages in good faith. Your meandering between intentional and actual stupidity is certainly something.
    The person who dodges that question is the one who isn't arguing in good faith. Every dollar that we currently spend on healthcare doesn't come from the tax payer. The system you want all of the money will come from the taxpayer.

Only if you have the belief that all of the money currently being spent is really the governments money therefore we'll be "saving" money if we go to single payer programs does your math work.

Now, would you care to answer the question?
    SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The person who dodges that question is the one who isn't arguing in good faith. Every dollar that we currently spend on healthcare doesn't come from the tax payer. The system you want all of the money will come from the taxpayer.

Only if you have the belief that all of the money currently being spent is really the governments money therefore we'll be "saving" money if we go to single payer programs does your math work.

So people who pay taxes don't currently pay for medical care.

photo AF551EDE-8C08-4716-82F6-98E03405A27E_zpsx2xrslno.gif
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Hondo, unlike you there is no dick in my mouth. What I said was perfect clear. For a Kunt who is constantly criticizing others reading comprehension yours sure sucks.

Every dollar that we currently spend on healthcare doesn't come from the taxpayer. The system you want all of the money will come from the taxpayer.

• allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Hondo, unlike you there is no dick in my mouth. What I said was perfect clear. For a Kunt who is constantly criticizing others reading comprehension yours sure sucks.

Every dollar that we currently spend on healthcare doesn't come from the taxpayer. The system you want all of the money will come from the taxpayer.

You’re stupid.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yeah that made your comment so much more clear.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yes and that model where everything is spent by the government will be less gross spending than out current gov/private hybrid that is unsustainable and provides worse health care outcomes and covers fewer people than single payer systems.

This is the point you keep *intentionally* missing.

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Yes and that model where everything is spent by the government will be less gross spending than out current gov/private hybrid that is unsustainable and provides worse health care outcomes and covers fewer people than single payer systems.

This is the point you keep *intentionally* missing.
    But but long wait lines and taxes!!!!

(I do chuckle at the taxes part in the poll that was posted. They didn't say that your taxes would go up less than your current insurance for most people.)