Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Banks, 2020 4* Buck/LB, Harbor City (Narbonne), CA (NOT committed to Bama)

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

He is either going to be really good at ASU or he will be a guy that balled out in high school and didn't cut it in college

Either way, it will be interesting
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

FirePete said:

These type of kids always end up at ASU. Herm has made it work so far.

I am still fucking pissed we did not take Merlin
    We were never going to offer Merlin. He had major red flags coming out of high school which is why ASU was the only school to take him. I know he had a great season last year as a true freshmen but since then he has been suspended twice and has looked out of shape and slow this year. He would have never worked out with our culture.
    What’s the point of having a strong culture if we can’t wield it to get buy in from talented kids from tough backgrounds or questionable makeup?

Any fucking coach can succeed with 85 BBKs or Nick Harrises.

A great college coach can get an Aaron Hernandez or Vontaze Burfict pulling in the right direction for the team. And that would make all the difference.

How badly do we want to get to the next level? Are we comfortable with winning the conference most years and losing NY6 bowls? Or do we want to beat Bama?
    That's never going to be Washington's culture. If that's what you want go follow a SEC team because Washington will never be a win at all cost type of program and Pete is on record saying that.

FirePete said:

We were never going to offer Merlin. He had major red flags coming out of high school which is why ASU was the only school to take him. I know he had a great season last year as a true freshmen but since then he has been suspended twice and has looked out of shape and slow this year. He would have never worked out with our culture.
    What’s the point of having a strong culture if we can’t wield it to get buy in from talented kids from tough backgrounds or questionable makeup?

A great college coach can get an Aaron Hernandez or Vontaze Burfict pulling in the right direction for the team. And that would make all the difference.

How badly do we want to get to the next level? Are we comfortable with winning the conference most years and losing NY6 bowls? Or do we want to beat Bama?
    That's never going to be Washington's culture. If that's what you want go follow a SEC team because Washington will never be a win at all cost type of program and Pete is on record saying that.
    You missed my point. I am simply advocating for relaxing some criteria in recruiting not any kind of cheating or pushing of boundaries.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,713

FirePete said:

That’s pretty simplistic, but okay.

That’s rich coming from you.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

He is either going to be really good at ASU or he will be a guy that balled out in high school and didn't cut it in college

That's a hot take
    $10.95 please
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

You missed my point. I am simply advocating for relaxing some criteria in recruiting not any kind of cheating or pushing of boundaries.
    They already do that, that is why they took Jacobe.
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

honestly, i think some of these kids like merlin could benefit from the culture that pete has developed. some of these kiids come really bad backgrounds. just to rule them out because some might has some trouble is dismissive. not saying we should load up on those kids. but selectively give 1 or 2 a chance.
    They can also ruin your culture. Right now this roster is filled with hard working players with no diva tendency. You know how many coaches would kill for this type of roster?
    This didn't age well. Hard working players with no diva tendency beat the worst Stanford team in over a decade handily.
    And they came back the next week and practiced hard. No bitching, moaning, fingerpointing or looking to the NFL. Great group of kids.
    Wow Hardcore Husky needs this culture. Who do we kick out first?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    doogville said:

FirePete said:

FirePete said:

honestly, i think some of these kids like merlin could benefit from the culture that pete has developed. some of these kiids come really bad backgrounds. just to rule them out because some might has some trouble is dismissive. not saying we should load up on those kids. but selectively give 1 or 2 a chance.
    They can also ruin your culture. Right now this roster is filled with hard working players with no diva tendency. You know how many coaches would kill for this type of roster?
    This didn't age well. Hard working players with no diva tendency beat the worst Stanford team in over a decade handily.
    And they came back the next week and practiced hard. No bitching, moaning, fingerpointing or looking to the NFL. Great group of kids.
    I'd rather have divas who are capable of beating Cal and Stanford.

I know, I'm reaching for the stars.
    washington 3.0????
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Visiting USC this weekend.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Visiting USC this weekend.

Oh man the wailing if he commits to USC will be glorious.
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

dawgs206 said:

dnc said:

trigger warning @LaMichael_Corleone

Nah, not necessary. He's calmed the fuck down and doesn't take this shit so seriously anymore.

To clarify, I beat DNC to the HH handle dawgs206. Original, I know.
    Yeah sorry, didn't mean to suggest LMC thinks you're a piece of shit.
    Both can be true.
    I can only guess he blocked you for being the most annoying rather be right than want to win fan ever.
  • Options
    FireCohen said:

Penace said:

To me there is absolutely zero question that he is in savell smalls territory.

Pretty sure that fudgepack and LMC been beating their chest that he is our numbero uno prospect on our boards
    dnc said:

FirePete said:

Penace said:

Pretty sure that fudgepack and LMC been beating their chest that he is our numbero uno prospect on our boards
    They're wrong

dnc said:

FirePete said:

Penace said:

They're wrong
    Definitely right
    Seems like a bump worthy conversation