Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Banks, 2020 4* Buck/LB, Harbor City (Narbonne), CA (NOT committed to Bama)

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

From a Final Four of UW, Bama, tOSU, and Oklahomo in a tweet that has since been deleted, to ASU.

I think he will do well there and Herm coaches up a strong defense with a good staff.

But it’s quite the fall for this kid. I feel bad for him. Gotta lock up your spot earlier and earlier these days.

Um, I feel happy for him. Let's face it, for 98% of these kids the NFL is not in their future, so at least he will be tapping top shelf Sun Doovil ass for the next few years. Sun Doovil Cooze >>>>>>>>> UW cooze
    Valid point! I no longer feel bad for him.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

FirePete said:

We have had some misses in recruiting at LB and some bad luck. We lost 3 potential starters to injury or transfers in Beavers, Eifler, and Kaho. You lose three starters at any position, and your team is drastically worse. We are seeing it this year.

We also had Nick Bolton who is playing very well for Missouri. He’s better than Sirmon and Tafisi. Nobody cared when he decommitted. Some even were happy, but we would be better with him on our team. Another data point that nobody really knows what they are talking about a lot of the time.

I don’t remember if we stopped recruiting Weaver or not, but that was obviously a huge miss as well. He started out at Cal as a DE and maybe would not play ILB for us anyway.

It’s another data point on stacking good classes each year, but we did that to some extent. If we lost 3 DL or 3 DB’s, we would probably hurt there too, especially DL.

I don’t hate Gregory like a lot of you because I think he can really coach. Besides this year, ILB has been a strength. People forget Gregory was a very good DC for Cal. I’m not opposed to him moving on, but it’s far from a guarantee that it would benefit us. Yes, we want coaches that can both recruit and coach, but the coaching part doesn’t get enough attention due to the TBS obsession.

Dude he passed on Merlin
    If we took Bolton and Merlin over Tafisi and Sirmon we would be in a much better place. Evaluating is very fucking important. None of them were highly sought recruits. All were pretty mid level. We chose the wrong ones.
    Bolton had potential and was athletic but people here didn't seem to like his measurables. Too short and shit.

Merlin was awesome but the staff appeared to cool on him because of grades? Or because he had a kid? Not that having a kid is a no no since Murphy had one too.
    I liked Bolton because he blew dudes the fuck up in his Hudl. I wasn’t aware Merlin was such a highly touted recruit. I think the OKG bullshit is what made us not pursue him harder. We definitely should have.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    I was all in on the Banks train. His outside film was really good. I had high hopes for him at ILB based on his explosiveness. If he could drop some weight I thought he’d be a nice thumper in the middle. But he couldn’t keep the weight down and apparently bombed hard at ILB. Moving back to OLB means he’s no longer the priority with Smalls in the boat.
  • Options
    whuggywhuggy Member Posts: 2,088
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    If Sonics mystery LB happens then all the talk about Banks will disappear. And no I don't know the mystery player.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Good for him. In my mind this proves offers where disappearing. I'm glad he jumped on one while it was still there.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,962
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m gonna need you to TBS (just the S actually) the blonde fake tittied coeds with daddy issues that are waiting for banks to arrive on campus.

TYIAFYS
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    we should have taken him to play outside. if bowamn can play the edge in our defense so is this kid.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whuggy said:

If Sonics mystery LB happens then all the talk about Banks will disappear. And no I don't know the mystery player.

It’s a mystery LB who may or may not visit. The UW coaches are trying. That sounds like a long shot to me.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

FirePete said:

God, I willing to give up my first born if fucking Kawasaki figures out how to recruit

#metoo
    Latu and Smalls say hi.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2019
    FirePete said:

These type of kids always end up at ASU. Herm has made it work so far.

I am still fucking pissed we did not take Merlin
    We were never going to offer Merlin. He had major red flags coming out of high school which is why ASU was the only school to take him. I know he had a great season last year as a true freshmen but since then he has been suspended twice and has looked out of shape and slow this year. He would have never worked out with our culture.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I was all in on the Banks train. His outside film was really good. I had high hopes for him at ILB based on his explosiveness. If he could drop some weight I thought he’d be a nice thumper in the middle. But he couldn’t keep the weight down and apparently bombed hard at ILB. Moving back to OLB means he’s no longer the priority with Smalls in the boat.

I feel like a SAM guy was more a priority than ILB as far as the numbers go specifically. I still would've liked to take Banks personally. Obviously they didn't see him sticking outside.