Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Banks, 2020 4* Buck/LB, Harbor City (Narbonne), CA (NOT committed to Bama)

Comments

• Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:
    What obligation did UW have to Banks? He all had all winter, spring, and summer to commit, he choose not to and his spot got taken. Tell me what UW did wrong and what there obligation was to him?

Agree.
    However we've been told previously they would hold a spot for Smalls.
    So are we to believe if Banks committed a month ago, and then Smalls committed today, it'd be ok, but in the opposite order it's not possible?

That doesn't seem just a bit silly to anyone else...?
    One they are different talent levels, Smalls could wait until February, Banks doesn't have that luxury. Banks was initially slow playing UW until late summer after he performed in front of the Alabama coaches and they weren't impressed enough to push for him. Then he scheduled his visit to UW for the USC game but by that time Smalls to UW was almost a done deal. He choose to wait to see if Alabama would take him and he now has to suffer the consequences.
    If smalls had waited a few more weeks, and banks wanted to commit this Saturday after the game, would they have taken it?

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,090
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

So we

Over on BDTW @sonics1993 says we dropped Banks cause Smalls committed and we still have Lohohea joining in this class with no one graduating. Makes sense I suppose but it still hurts that we are passing on him because we have Myles Rice and Ryan Bowman on the roster.

Over on BDTW @sonics1993 says we dropped Banks cause Smalls committed and we still have Lohohea joining in this class with no one graduating. Makes sense I suppose but it still hurts that we are passing on him because we have Myles Rice and Ryan Bowman on the roster.

Wasn't Banks supposed to be ILB?

Wasn't Banks supposed to be ILB?
    That is where I'm confused. In Roof's write up today she said they were always recruiting Banks to play outside.
    This screams that there was an experiment run with trying to move Banks to ILB, and it failed miserably. Oklahomo, Alabama, Ohio State, UW.... all of them backed off him as an ILB. They likely went back to thinking he was an edge guy, and with Lolohea coming back and Smalls committed, there was no more space for Banks.

So read the tea leaves.
    I think you nailed it. Now the question is, who's the better prospect between Banks and Lohohea? Lohohea is probably more physically mature since he's got a few years on Banks but he also hasn't played football since the 2016 season.
    It’s not really about who is better, we’ve had this spot promised to Lolohea for years, Pete isn’t going back on that.
    Lolohea will be a mature ass freshman as well. Mentally, and more so physically. You think he isn't hitting weights in SLC right now? The fact he kept weight on / off on a mission is a miracle in and of itself.
  • Options
    sonics1993sonics1993 Member Posts: 1,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    bigcc said:

dnc said:
    What obligation did UW have to Banks? He all had all winter, spring, and summer to commit, he choose not to and his spot got taken. Tell me what UW did wrong and what there obligation was to him?

Agree.
    So are we to believe if Banks committed a month ago, and then Smalls committed today, it'd be ok, but in the opposite order it's not possible?

One they are different talent levels, Smalls could wait until February, Banks doesn't have that luxury. Banks was initially slow playing UW until late summer after he performed in front of the Alabama coaches and they weren't impressed enough to push for him. Then he scheduled his visit to UW for the USC game but by that time Smalls to UW was almost a done deal. He choose to wait to see if Alabama would take him and he now has to suffer the consequences.
    If smalls had waited a few more weeks, and banks wanted to commit this Saturday after the game, would they have taken it?

No, they would have made him wait but UW knew they were in great position with Smalls. I was told in July by a UW source Smalls is going to Washington, he's not going to wait until signing day and it's doubtful he takes any visits.
  • Options
    NoWarningJustDawgNoWarningJustDawg Member Posts: 1,000
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

Agree.

It's just an interesting dynamic when dealing with a guy who clearly doesn't yank spots from committed players. (Truly committed ones, not "commits" still going on visits.)

The end effect of accepting A after B but not B after A is that they clearly sometimes have remorse about a commit but will honor it anyway. Very curious how often that happens. And I'm not sure how well that attitude fits in today's cutthroat CFB world but I'll let it play out.

Thanks for the answer.
    Cheers--
  • Options
    bigccbigcc Member Posts: 893
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

bigcc said:

dnc said:

Agree.

No, they would have made him wait but UW knew they were in great position with Smalls. I was told in July by a UW source Smalls is going to Washington, he's not going to wait until signing day and it's doubtful he takes any visits.
    Thanks, interesting they knew for this long, would put a bit of ease on my mind if he didn't take any officials/any more unofficials
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    I'm with sonics. Now that it's come out we didn't want him at ILB it makes total sense and we never owed Jordan anything.

With that said something better happen at ILB cause our class there is not good enough right now
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,959
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Agree.

That is a good question, if Smalls would be on the outs if Banks got across the line first.
    No way, Smalls was a take either way and would’ve pushed out a DB or WR we’ll still likely take.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,959
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:
    I don't understand his view point so can someone help me out, what am I missing? Where did we do Banks wrong?
    I think the implication is that since this visit has been set up for so long that we would atleast save a spot through this weekend. Obviously we don't know if the coaches pushed him to commit earlier, but we usually set guys up to commit on/right after the visit.

Good point.
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    FirePete said:

God, I willing to give up my first born if fucking Kawasaki figures out how to recruit

#metoo
  • Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,009
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Passion said:

But we Dont have any de’s black players

This. We have no shot? Narbonne? Yeah right.
    I attended the recruiting banquet tonight. Fun to geek out a little.

Anyway, Malloe was the funniest coach on stage (Adams is a dud). He told some humorous stories and his comments about the interior DL caused laughs. Definitely can see why he is a good recruiter.

However, his pitch is completely tailored for island kids. He basically said his entire reason for being at Washington is because he sees so many similarities between Polynesian culture and the culture established by Pete. It was heartfelt, but made me wonder what kids from other backgrounds would think.
    Island kids?

Sounds kinda racist
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,631
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:
    I don't understand his view point so can someone help me out, what am I missing? Where did we do Banks wrong?
    It doesn't mean anything. That's an old quote from the Hardcore Husky bag of tricks , memes and inside jokes.
  • Options
    DoogWhispererDoogWhisperer Member Posts: 1,018
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    These type of kids always end up at ASU. Herm has made it work so far.