Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Banks, 2020 4* Buck/LB, Harbor City (Narbonne), CA (NOT committed to Bama)

Comments

• Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I wonder if there's any chance that Drew Sanders is the mystery commit. I remember his name being thrown around briefly before he committed to Bama. That would be cataclysmic.
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I enjoy TBSing. Not to the depths that Coker/DDY/LMC enjoy it, but I like to follow who UW is after, who UW gets, and generally enjoy seeing who will be coming into the program that I love. I don't really break down film or pretend to know what to look for. I don't pretend to be able to say who is good and who isn't, but I do like to watch the HUDL of kids who have committed and be excited when they look good.

I just enjoy following what UW is going after and enjoy seeing talented kids ball out and hope they come to UW. I even enjoy poasting funny gifs and memes when kids choose not to come to UW because we can't have nice things, or doing the same when a freak like Murao or McMillen does come to UW because we are finally BACK!

I also understand the PurpleJ/Mike Damone/et al stance of who cares until they are playing for the university. Tons of kids that look like studs in high school end up doing fuck all for the university. Kids that look mediocre and you're not sure what the coaches see in them end up developing times infinity and are all conference players that go pro. So why invest in TBSing when it's a fucking crap shoot. I get it.

What I don't enjoy and don't get is the complete fucking meltdowns and Twatter tirades when a kid chooses not to come to UW, or rather, as in this case, the UW coaches decide to move on. I get it, you're upset. We wanted the kid too. We want all talented kids, but it's a fucking horrible look. And if you think everything matters and optics from the program and from fans matter, then you'd realize how bad your tirades and meltdowns make the fans look.

It continues to be completely glossed over that the reason Banks lost his spot is because someone else committed. I'm waiting to see who that player is before I proceed to meltdown. It's also glossed over that multiple sources have said Banks has struggled this year and all the heavy hitters are backing off. Maybe it's a huge fucking mistake, maybe it's not. Recruiting is a fucking crapshoot. I'm all for getting a player as talented as Banks and figuring it out once he's on campus. If he can't develop, then he'll ride the bench.

The coaches moved on from Banks. I think it sucks. I wanted him to be a Husky and I thought he would be after this weekend. But to meltdown and ban yourself and shit all over current UW recruits on twitter when you preach positivity is asinine. As much as I enjoy TBSing and staying up to date with the talent coming into UW, I'm willing to LIPO in most situations.

Because Amandre Williams was supposed to be amazing and Dick Newton was supposed to be complete garbage.

This
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465

Man, everyone has something to say about this situation up in here. At risk of feeling left out, here are my thoughts...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Deep
  • Options
    minion_doogminion_doog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,946
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I hope he doesn't land at ASU and Evan Weaver the fuck out of us? every time we? meet
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Imagine you were a visitor to this thread like me and read almost 2 pages without a single word about the recruit it's supposedly about. I checked 3 times to make sure I was on the right thread.

dnc said:

Gotta be Henry T.

Better not be, to drop a potential 2020 player for a eligible-in-2021 guy at a position of immediate need, when we?re under the scholly cap right now.
    And you think Banks could help with that next year? It's going to take him two or three years before he starts contributing.
    I don't know whether Banks would or not. I know Henry won't, unless there's something extenuating we* don't know about that could make him eligible immediately. I can get my head around moving on from Banks for a 2020 guy. As much as I covet Henry, that's hard for me to make sense of.
    His senior tape at linebacker isn't great, he's having a tough time keeping his weight down so he's probably a outside guy and his lack of length makes it difficult for him to survive outside when he gets to college which is why he been dropped from multiple colleges.
    Forgive us for not trusting our coaches to evaluate linebackers at the moment
    If we dropped him because somebody else committed then I'm fine waiting to see who that somebody else is. Assuming it's a) not Smalls (who we were expecting to come in with Banks) and b) someone of equivalent or better talent and c) we still get Smalls, than I'm fine with this. If any of those three conditions aren't met than I'm not fine with it.

I think Banks was probably the most overrated recruit on these boreds because basically one poster was obsessed with him and turned him into everyone's obsession. I got caught up in it for awhile myself but have cooled on him for a bit now as I looked at things myself.

I'm LIPO on this one.
    Mostly agree, linebackers are hard to evaluate on hudl tape. I would just prefer to take the chance on an athlete like Banks in addition to the other LBs we get, instead of taking 4 WRs, 2 RBs & 2-3TEs in one class.
    Depends. RB are always useful because they can play ST and transition well to other positions. And they get hurt a lot, so two is fine. We need TEs b/c Powpow fucked up so bad last year, Kizer's ongoing injury shows our lack of depth. As for WR, I think the way PT has been doled out shows that maybe the guys we all thought were good haven't been so good. And if you get a guy with a trait you lack (e.g., Bryant's speed), that's worth more than another athlete who might work out at LB.

And so we're clear, Banks is not an ILB. He's going to end up too heavy to play there for us. So OLB. I don't think the length is an issue. Plenty of college guys have been useful, particularly as situational pass rushers, at 6-0 or 6-1. But he's probably more Ryan Bowman than Joe Tryon. So I'd rather have that 4th WR if it gives you an amazing trait or that second RB if one might switch to DB or that third TE if the numbers demand it.
  • Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I don’t think anyone committed in his place they probs just said they filled the spot and moved on from him. The only two guys it could be would be smalls (not really the same position) or Jordan who we would have to flip but it’s not Flowe or Sewell and it’s not some magical mystery guy that we offered a scholarship to but hasn’t in the slightest touched the boards. It’s Botello or its no one and I think it’s no one. You would think Banks would be good for depth and how our coaches are known for developing but I guess not
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333

I don’t think anyone committed in his place they probs just said they filled the spot and moved on from him. The only two guys it could be would be smalls (not really the same position) or Jordan who we would have to flip but it’s not Flowe or Sewell and it’s not some magical mystery guy that we offered a scholarship to but hasn’t in the slightest touched the boards. It’s Botello or its no one and I think it’s no one. You would think Banks would be good for depth and how our coaches are known for developing but I guess not

@sonics1993 is resolute in his claims that there is a new commit, both here and at bd2w.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

There are multiple people with @Sources claiming we've flipped an LB that was committed elsewhere and not on our? TBS sites radar.

LIPO
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    edited September 2019

I wonder if there's any chance that Drew Sanders is the mystery commit. I remember his name being thrown around briefly before he committed to Bama. That would be cataclysmic.

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/1057015/#Comment_1057015
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    >I cant believe I just went through 80+ repetitive posts in this thread. Fuck my life

I was a big Banks fan. I know he was a tweener who was best as an outside rusher with the dimensions of an ILB, but loved him anyways because he looked so quick and violent.

I still dont get the freakout. Nobody here knows the full set of reasons that they dropped him. It's no different than when Nasili Liu (spelling?) had his couch sold and Ballz went on a week long meltdown about it. Complete irrationality coming from people who dont know the facts of the matter. That's all this is.
    Nothing changed with HH
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Leveling up isn’t taking a guy who has been dropped by all the big schools on his list. Maybe Banks is good, but Biggins post on dawgman and the blue bloods losing interest should be telling that Banks probably isn’t that good.

How many of our current commits would a blue blood take? Maybe 5 at most.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333