Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2019 Depth Chart

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

@creepycoug You prove my point every time. Three retard rampage posts in a row including a spam tag. For fuck sake man get a life.

Dude, why are you so obsessed with me? I don't get it.
    Lame, juvenile, and pathetic.
  • Options
    kh83kh83 Member Posts: 596
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper

@creepycoug You prove my point every time. Three retard rampage posts in a row including a spam tag. For fuck sake man get a life.

U two need to fuck or be banned, tired of all the built up tension bett
    Whynotboth.gif
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited November 2018

If juvenile is a problem with you, it might be a good idea to take a step back and get a big picture of the place at which you choose to spend your time ... again, and again, and again.

@Swaye may also have something to say about this.

@StrongArmCobra
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

If juvenile is a problem with you, it might be a good idea to take a step back and get a big picture of the place at which you choose to spend your time ... again, and again, and again.

@StrongArmCobra

• Options
    AZDuck said:

@StrongArmCobra

So juvenile Duck.

I really couldn't care less.

@StrongArmCobra
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

@StrongArmCobra
    Juvenile sounds like a venereal disease I got in the Orient once. There, I said it.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

@StrongArmCobra
    Juvenile sounds like a venereal disease I got in the Orient once. There, I said it.
    "Ointment" is, and will forever be, one of my favorite words from the white devil's language.
  • Options

@StrongArmCobra
    Jesus fucking Christ, you done yet? Seems like the highlight of your pathetic existence is trolling this UW board.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,838
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thread is titled “depth chart” bitches. Not “bullshit endless mindless back and forth waste of life childish hide and go fuck yourself non-sense.” Can we create that thread and move this there ddy?
  • Options

Thread is titled “depth chart” bitches. Not “bullshit endless mindless back and forth waste of life childish hide and go fuck yourself non-sense.” Can we create that thread and move this there ddy?

@StrongArmCobra
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2018

Swaye said:

@StrongArmCobra
    "Ointment" is, and will forever be, one of my favorite words from the white devil's language.
    Censor and impose sanctions— recommendations I submitted to the state bar.
  • Options
    Baseman said:

Swaye said:

@StrongArmCobra
    If you submitted to the real state bar they won't have a record of me.

You need to go (bleed like a bitch) to the PRETEND state bar. They'll handle your limpy complaint.
  • Options

Baseman said:

Swaye said:

@StrongArmCobra
    If you submitted to the real state bar they won't have a record of me.

You need to go (bleed like a bitch) to the PRETEND state bar. They'll handle your limpy complaint.
    @StrongArmCobra
  • Options

@StrongArmCobra
    Jesus fucking Christ, you done yet? Seems like the highlight of your pathetic existence is trolling this UW board.
    @StrongArmCobra

That you?

You sound like thin-skinned Racebannon.
  • Options

@StrongArmCobra
    Mods? @AZDuck and @creepycoug are the same guy under two different handles. Only half the job is done.
  • Options

@StrongArmCobra
    Mods? @AZDuck and @creepycoug are the same guy under two different handles. Only half the job is done.
    Lol. Even my detractors know better.

Mods!!!
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,969
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Rip getting shane bowman back rumors.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

animate said:

animate said:

Saw the dawgman lazy ass depth chart yesterday and noticed that all they did was take the current depth chart and delete the seniors and guys expected to leave.

Really hoping that some of the rs freshmen and sophomores step up. Those were the classes where the talent really started to level up.

Another year of Benning at buck makes me want to chop my dick off, but then again, maybe he has a Mathis-like jump his senior year.

People disappointed with Benning are missing the point of what he's supposed to do. He has basically four responsibilities:

1. Collapse the pocket without allowing the QB to escape
    2. Set the edge on runs

3. Get sacks
    4. Cover in flats

Our entire defense is predicated on 1-2
    . 3 and 4 would be great, but they are above and beyond what's fundamental.

Right now Benning goes in the category of: solid, unspectacular.

He is doing what he's supposed to do, but doesn't make any plays in the pass game (although he's made a couple in the run game). We will level up when we get guys who can do all 3, but again - the key is - our defense is designed to be containment oriented and as such, Benning is doing a good—not great—job.

I hope he can figure out how to get off blocks like the rest of all of us, but I also recognize that he's constantly trying to make sure he doesn't Ryan Bowman-it and get past his guy on the way to the QB only to completely distort the purpose of the defense and give the QB an easy running/passing lane where they have the advantage.

In the pass game I would give Benning a C and in the run game an A-. It would be nice to have Kikaha back, but for that we'd have to actually figure out how to a) identify talent and b) recruit it.

I suspect Tryon will be a beast next year.
    I think this is the message in recruiting and is why we have trouble closing some top level DE talent. (In addition to our coach recruiting acumen at that position). A lot of top level DE's don't want to hear they are going to be playing contain football as a priority first.
    Agree, I've been saying this from the beginning. Even had some doogs dismiss this concept.

Buck-type recruits will investigate their role, investigate how they will be potentially used in Petersen's defense.

Once they hear "seal the edge ... containment ... prevent the qb from getting outside and funnel the action through the middle and collapse the field so an opportunistic backer and secondary can take advantage ... Discipline!"

That shit doesn't appeal to croots as much as "coach pete says he'll green light me to just go out there and destroy the quarterback!"

Elite croots typically run the show on the field in high school.

Hearing the message from Washington that says "if you come to Washington you have to buy into the program and if you do what we tell you to do the overall defense will be successful and thus you will be successful."

Takes a mature, slow strategy kid to appreciate that right away.
    It's sales. Close or fuck off.
    Sales is always important. I agree with that.

Problem is in the details!

Petersen is selling quality vanilla ice cream. Croots want fucking rocky road with sprinkles and shit.

Petersen is selling honda accords but croots want an Acura nsx.

Petersen is selling Rei but croots want fucking the north face or arcteryx.

That's why Petersen appeals more to slow strategy kids who's culture can appreciate what Petersen is selling.

fast strategy kids are like "why the fuck would i drive an accord?"

You have to salespeople of the year +10 just to even the playing field and currently we're levelling up due to general Petersen success but we're not all there yet.

Why the fuck would anyone drive an Accord?
    Exactly ... it's why I drive a Turbo-engined Civic

• Options
    Though I'd get the thread back on track with a depth chart projection 2.0 given recent new information:

Offense:

QB: Jacob Eason
    Jacob Sirmon
    Jake Haener
    Colson Yankoff
    Dylan Morris

RB: Salvon Ahmed
    Trey Lowe: He has the small yet thick stature, elite vision, spacial awareness, elusiveness, quickness, and speed reminiscent of a young Barry Sanders. I project him to be moved from slot to RB.
    Kamari Pleasant: Big Back! Runs hard and breaks tackles! Gotta have it!
    Sean McGrew: He's okay I guess. He's had some nice runs and is shockingly hard to bring down at times. He's not afraid to stay on his feet and grind of extra yards. Hopefully he transforms himself in the weight room.
    Richard Newton
    Cameron Davis

LT: Trey Adams
    Henry Roberts
    Matteo Mele
    Julius Buelow

LG: Henry Bainivalu: He doesn't have tackle feet. Won't be in the RT competition. He's been pushing Wattenberg for playing time all season at LG and is a better run blocker. He's powerful, moves people, and has a mean streak. He just needs to get his reads down. Once he does I think he'll win the starting job.
    Luke Wattenberg
    Troy Fautanu

C: Nick Harris
    Cole Norgaard

RG: Jaxson Kirkland
    Victor Curne
    MJ Ale

RT: Jared Hilbers: What a nice surprise! He doesn't suck!
    Corey Luciano: This dude is fucking nasty. Don't sleep on him.
    Nathaniel Kalepo

WR (X): Austin Osborne: I'm still bullish on him. Best route runner on the team. The heady, reliable target this offense needs who's 6'3 instead of a 5'10 midget like Fuller.
    Ty Jones: Love him but he's a bit stiff as a route runner and not a great speed or separation guy. Great 50-50 ball guy though. Eason won't be scared to throw it up to him and give him chances to make those highlight catches he always makes.
    Marquees Spiker
    Kyle Ford (Hopefully)

WR (Z): Terrell Bynum: He's been getting more reps in games but Browning never throws him the ball cuz he's a bitch and only throws to guys he's comfortable throwing to but I think he's gonna be really good and a breakout guy. He's built like a RB. One of the best blockers at WR. Adds an element of physicality and toughness to the group.
    Aaron Fuller
    Alex Cook: He's starting to fill out and look the part. Another guy I hope takes a big jump forward.
    Taj Davis

Slot (R): Aaron Fuller: Old faithful.
    Chico McClatcher: Is he coming back? Hope so.
    Andre Baccellia

TE: Black Beast
    Cade Otton
    Jacob Kizer
    Jusstis Warren
    Devin Culp

Defense:

BUCK: Joe Tryon
    Zion Tupuola-Fetui
    Ryan Bowman
    Benning Potoa'e: Jesus fucking Christ man. This dude needs to take Kikaha's jersey off because he's disrespecting his legacy. Too big, too slow, and easily gets his ankles broken on a regular basis and falls on his face. Hope he leans out and loses 20 pounds but I have no reason to believe he will. At this point, I think the coaches are gonna move on to the younger guys in the Spring and he's gonna drop down the depth chart.
    Laiatu Latu: Please!
    Bralen Trice

NT: Tuli Letuligasenoa
    Taki Taimani OR Josiah Bronson
    Jacob Bandes OR Sama Paama OR Faatui Tuitele

DT: Levi Onwuzurike
    Taki Taimani OR Josiah Bronson
    John Clark OR Mosiah Nasili-Liu
    Faatui Tuitele

SDE (certain packages): Levi Onwuzurike
    Mosiah Nasili-Liu
    Draco Bynum
    Stephon Wright (Hopefully)
    Faatui Tuitele

MIK: Brandon Wellington
    DJ Beavers
    MJ Tafisi OR Daniel Heimuli (hopefully)

WIL: Jackson Sirmon
    Edefuan Ulofoshio
    Josh Calvert
    Miki Ah You

SAM: Ariel Ngata: Hope he's 230+ next season.
    Ryan Bowman
    Alphonzo Tuputala: Seems like a good fit for him. Has a college body right now.

CB1: Keith Taylor
    Kyler Gordon OR Kamren Fabiculanan

CB2: Dominique Hampton OR
    Elijah Molden OR Kyler Gordon

Nickel: Elijah Molden OR
    Kyler Gordon

I guess Myles Bryant is getting NFL draft buzz. If the NFL scouts agree I project him to leave early because whatever his draft stock is now it's not gonna get any higher. Might as well jump on that opportunity.

I could see Kyler Gordon playing four out of the five secondary positions. Hard to project where he'll play. He has an Adoree Jackson feel to him. He could play the majority of defensive snaps while rotating in at a bunch of different positions.

Hampton is a different breed. Big like a safety but fast enough to play corner. UW's version of Minkah Fitzpatrick.

SS: Julius Irvin
    Asa Turner

FS: Brandon McKinney
    Kyler Gordon
    Kamren Fabiculanan OR
    Cameron Williams