Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2019 Depth Chart

Comments

• Options
    longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,008
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

animate said:

Saw the dawgman lazy ass depth chart yesterday and noticed that all they did was take the current depth chart and delete the seniors and guys expected to leave.

Really hoping that some of the rs freshmen and sophomores step up. Those were the classes where the talent really started to level up.

Another year of Benning at buck makes me want to chop my dick off, but then again, maybe he has a Mathis-like jump his senior year.

People disappointed with Benning are missing the point of what he's supposed to do. He has basically four responsibilities:

1. Collapse the pocket without allowing the QB to escape
    2. Set the edge on runs

3. Get sacks
    4. Cover in flats

Our entire defense is predicated on 1-2
    . 3 and 4 would be great, but they are above and beyond what's fundamental.

Right now Benning goes in the category of: solid, unspectacular.

He is doing what he's supposed to do, but doesn't make any plays in the pass game (although he's made a couple in the run game). We will level up when we get guys who can do all 3, but again - the key is - our defense is designed to be containment oriented and as such, Benning is doing a good—not great—job.

I hope he can figure out how to get off blocks like the rest of all of us, but I also recognize that he's constantly trying to make sure he doesn't Ryan Bowman-it and get past his guy on the way to the QB only to completely distort the purpose of the defense and give the QB an easy running/passing lane where they have the advantage.

In the pass game I would give Benning a C and in the run game an A-. It would be nice to have Kikaha back, but for that we'd have to actually figure out how to a) identify talent and b) recruit it.

I suspect Tryon will be a beast next year.
    I think this is the message in recruiting and is why we have trouble closing some top level DE talent. (In addition to our coach recruiting acumen at that position). A lot of top level DE's don't want to hear they are going to be playing contain football as a priority first.
    Agree, I've been saying this from the beginning. Even had some doogs dismiss this concept.

Buck-type recruits will investigate their role, investigate how they will be potentially used in Petersen's defense.

Once they hear "seal the edge ... containment ... prevent the qb from getting outside and funnel the action through the middle and collapse the field so an opportunistic backer and secondary can take advantage ... Discipline!"

That shit doesn't appeal to croots as much as "coach pete says he'll green light me to just go out there and destroy the quarterback!"

Elite croots typically run the show on the field in high school.

Hearing the message from Washington that says "if you come to Washington you have to buy into the program and if you do what we tell you to do the overall defense will be successful and thus you will be successful."

Takes a mature, slow strategy kid to appreciate that right away.
    It's sales. Close or fuck off.
    True, but to a FS kid there's no fucking way Gregory is selling a Volvo Wagon over a Maserati. No one is without lying their ass off, which Pete would never allow.
    It's sales. It. Is. Sales. It's sales.

Close or fuck off.
    You watch too many awful 80s movies.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

Let me just remind everybody that at one point in time I was the only poster on this board who thought Zach Charbonnet was the best running back on the West coast. Everybody was clamoring for Austin Jones. I got mocked for saying Charbonnet was better than Austin Jones. I got mocked for saying he was UW's #1 RB target on their board over Jones. That was back when he was rated as a high 3*/low 4* recruit with an 89 rating and Jones was nearly rated a 5* recruit with a 98 rating. Jones was rated the #1 RB in the West.

Since then, Charbonnet has committed to Michigan and shot up the rankings as the idiot internet raters have realized how stupid they were for not rating him as a 5* from the jump. 247 now has him ranked as the #1 RB in the West and #3 RB in the country with a 97 rating.

I say this as an example as to why I am the best evaluator of football talent on this motherfucking board. So when I say that Trey Lowe is special as a RB and is similar to Barry Sanders when Sanders came out of high school, instead of mocking me, maybe you should shut the fuck up and listen because I know what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to talent and you motherfuckers don't.

Impressive that you're already lying in the first sentence. I know for a fact I said Charbonnet was my favorite RB in this class before you said it. I just don't think it's worth bragging about, but since you took the opportunity to both brag and be wrong I thought I'd point it out.
    I know for a fact that you didn't. You said some shit like "I hate to agree with Ballz, but I also think Charbonnet is the best." You might have been second but you didn't jump on the bandwagon until I created the bandwagon.
  • Options

Let me just remind everybody that at one point in time I was the only poster on this board who thought Zach Charbonnet was the best running back on the West coast. Everybody was clamoring for Austin Jones. I got mocked for saying Charbonnet was better than Austin Jones. I got mocked for saying he was UW's #1 RB target on their board over Jones. That was back when he was rated as a high 3*/low 4* recruit with an 89 rating and Jones was nearly rated a 5* recruit with a 98 rating. Jones was rated the #1 RB in the West.

Since then, Charbonnet has committed to Michigan and shot up the rankings as the idiot internet raters have realized how stupid they were for not rating him as a 5* from the jump. 247 now has him ranked as the #1 RB in the West and #3 RB in the country with a 97 rating.

I say this as an example as to why I am the best evaluator of football talent on this motherfucking board. So when I say that Trey Lowe is special as a RB and is similar to Barry Sanders when Sanders came out of high school, instead of mocking me, maybe you should shut the fuck up and listen because I know what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to talent and you motherfuckers don't.

You were a moron for liking Charbonnet better than Jones then and you're a moron for liking him better than Jones now.

Jones is the best RB on the west coast. Charbonnet is a solid # 2 and Davis is a solid #3. Neither is close to Jones.
    I rest my case. Idiot.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Impressive that you're already lying in the first sentence. I know for a fact I said Charbonnet was my favorite RB in this class before you said it. I just don't think it's worth bragging about, but since you took the opportunity to both brag and be wrong I thought I'd point it out.
    I know for a fact that you didn't. You said some shit like "I hate to agree with Ballz, but I also think Charbonnet is the best." You might have been second but you didn't jump on the bandwagon until I created the bandwagon.
    Christ you're a faggot.
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Christ you're a faggot.
    That's ironic. I'm a faggot and yet you're obsessed with me and constantly spam tagging the board with my handle. Hmmmmm?
  • Options

Christ you're a faggot.
    That's ironic. I'm a faggot and yet you're obsessed with me and constantly spam tagging the board with my handle. Hmmmmm?
    Yes.
  • Options

Christ you're a faggot.
    Yes.
    As expected. No actual response. Just an elementary deflection of the truth.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Christ you're a faggot.
    Yes.
    It amusing because it bothers you lolz
  • Options

Christ you're a faggot.
    Yes.
    I couldn't care less. It's juvenile. @creepycoug however is easily bothered and will proceed to go on a retard rampage spamming the board with my handle or copy/pasting my previous posts. It's sad really.
  • Options

Christ you're a faggot.
    Yes.
    To the contrary. A confirmation of the truth, as written by you. What more could a person ask for?
  • Options

Christ you're a faggot.
    Yes.
    I couldn't care less. It's juvenile. @creepycoug however is easily bothered and will proceed to go on a retard rampage spamming the board with my handle or copy/pasting my previous posts. It's sad really.
    It doesn't bother me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options

Christ you're a faggot.
    Yes.
    It doesn't bother me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    @StrongArmCobra
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    God damn it. @Dennis_DeYoung we need to take donations to build a new site! (I work with tons of developers, I’ll get you hooked up...I digress) The reason for this upgrade is so we have the functionalities to block specific users.
    I’ve never seen one individual infest so many threads with aids. It’s so bad that I’m convinced strongarm invented aids.
    I’ll drop a $100 on the cause... gofundme?
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    @creepycoug You prove my point every time. Three retard rampage posts in a row including a spam tag. For fuck sake man get a life.
  • Options

@creepycoug You prove my point every time. Three retard rampage posts in a row including a spam tag. For fuck sake man get a life.

Dude, why are you so obsessed with me? I don't get it.