Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

2019 Depth Chart

Comments

• Options
    DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bread said:

Ok let's get back to the real world now.

What's the deal with Kizer? Has he played this year? I haven't noticed him once.

Kizer compares favorably to Kellen Winslow out of high school.
    Jr or Sr?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Jesus, I just got the clap reading this
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited November 2018

If you really think there's a non zero chance that he could be as good as Barry Sanders you should be calling for the resignation of every coach on the UW staff that recruited him and started him at WR. Shit if you think he can be half as good as Barry Sanders you should be calling for all their heads.

He's not. And he won't.

hth

I don't know what position he's playing right now. He could be playing RB in practice right now. Nobody knows.

You think Oklahoma State coaches knew what they had when they first recruited a scrappy little 5'8 midget like Sanders? You think they thought he was going to run for more yards in a single season than anybody?
    I don't know what they thought about him anymore than you do. They didn't think he was a wide receiver though, I know that much.
    My point stands better than yours. Common sense says they had no idea what Sanders was going to become.

Are the coaches not human? Is it impossible they fuck up and waste a huge RB talent by forcing him to play slot? These are the same coaches who lost to fucking Cal after giving up only 6 points on defense, lost to Flex Friday because for the second year in a row don't have a kicker who's worth a damn, and ran a sprint option with Jake Browning on the goal line against Auburn. Yeah they're pretty damn good coaches but they still fuck up. We'll see. Hopefully we see him playing RB this Spring.
    Of course they can make mistakes. Playing Lowe at slot rather than RB could be a mistake. I tend to think it is.

If he was Barry Fucking Sanders there's no chance they'd be debating it though. hth.
    Sanders didn't play any WR in high school like Lowe did. If he did, it could have been debated by the Oklahoma State staff where his best fit was. But he didn't so he was always only a RB. Again, You're intentionally misunderstanding. I didn't say Lowe IS the next Barry Sanders. I compared him to Sanders because they're similar athletes coming out of high school with similar styles of play and abilities.

Anybody who objectively watches those high school highlights without being biased and knowing one of them is a young Barry Sanders would say those two players are pretty similar. Some would even say Lowe is better than the film of the other guy.

That was my point. They're similar athletes. That is all. Is it high praise for Lowe? Sure, but his high school film is that good. Anybody who's not a total idiot can see Lowe has rare and special vision and elusiveness.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,989
    Why are people excited for Chico to come back?

McClutchins has looked pretty shitty since he got injured...
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    biak1 said:

Why are people excited for Chico to come back?

McClutchins has looked pretty shitty since he got injured...

That, and he's so limited and one dimensional that defenses know he's a gimmick whenever he's on the field. If he's on the field, he's either a decoy or we're running a screen/jet sweep to him. No downfield routes.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

animate said:

animate said:

Saw the dawgman lazy ass depth chart yesterday and noticed that all they did was take the current depth chart and delete the seniors and guys expected to leave.

Really hoping that some of the rs freshmen and sophomores step up. Those were the classes where the talent really started to level up.

Another year of Benning at buck makes me want to chop my dick off, but then again, maybe he has a Mathis-like jump his senior year.

People disappointed with Benning are missing the point of what he's supposed to do. He has basically four responsibilities:

1. Collapse the pocket without allowing the QB to escape
    2. Set the edge on runs

3. Get sacks
    4. Cover in flats

Our entire defense is predicated on 1-2
    . 3 and 4 would be great, but they are above and beyond what's fundamental.

Right now Benning goes in the category of: solid, unspectacular.

He is doing what he's supposed to do, but doesn't make any plays in the pass game (although he's made a couple in the run game). We will level up when we get guys who can do all 3, but again - the key is - our defense is designed to be containment oriented and as such, Benning is doing a good—not great—job.

I hope he can figure out how to get off blocks like the rest of all of us, but I also recognize that he's constantly trying to make sure he doesn't Ryan Bowman-it and get past his guy on the way to the QB only to completely distort the purpose of the defense and give the QB an easy running/passing lane where they have the advantage.

In the pass game I would give Benning a C and in the run game an A-. It would be nice to have Kikaha back, but for that we'd have to actually figure out how to a) identify talent and b) recruit it.

I suspect Tryon will be a beast next year.
    I think this is the message in recruiting and is why we have trouble closing some top level DE talent. (In addition to our coach recruiting acumen at that position). A lot of top level DE's don't want to hear they are going to be playing contain football as a priority first.
    Agree, I've been saying this from the beginning. Even had some doogs dismiss this concept.

Buck-type recruits will investigate their role, investigate how they will be potentially used in Petersen's defense.

Once they hear "seal the edge ... containment ... prevent the qb from getting outside and funnel the action through the middle and collapse the field so an opportunistic backer and secondary can take advantage ... Discipline!"

That shit doesn't appeal to croots as much as "coach pete says he'll green light me to just go out there and destroy the quarterback!"

Elite croots typically run the show on the field in high school.

Hearing the message from Washington that says "if you come to Washington you have to buy into the program and if you do what we tell you to do the overall defense will be successful and thus you will be successful."

Takes a mature, slow strategy kid to appreciate that right away.
    It's sales. Close or fuck off.
    Sales is always important. I agree with that.

Problem is in the details!

Petersen is selling quality vanilla ice cream. Croots want fucking rocky road with sprinkles and shit.

Petersen is selling honda accords but croots want an Acura nsx.

Petersen is selling Rei but croots want fucking the north face or arcteryx.

That's why Petersen appeals more to slow strategy kids who's culture can appreciate what Petersen is selling.

fast strategy kids are like "why the fuck would i drive an accord?"

You have to salespeople of the year +10 just to even the playing field and currently we're levelling up due to general Petersen success but we're not all there yet.

Why the fuck would anyone drive an Accord?
    Exactly ... it's why I drive a Turbo-engined Civic
    Still a bitch-bucket. Might as well drive a lesbaru.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

Bread said:

Ok let's get back to the real world now.

What's the deal with Kizer? Has he played this year? I haven't noticed him once.

Kizer compares favorably to Kellen Winslow out of high school.
    Sr. or Jr.? If it's the latter I'm gonna need video proof. Not from hudl mind you, I want that Target porking lot footage.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    MisterEm said:

Tequilla said:

animate said:

animate said:

Saw the dawgman lazy ass depth chart yesterday and noticed that all they did was take the current depth chart and delete the seniors and guys expected to leave.

Really hoping that some of the rs freshmen and sophomores step up. Those were the classes where the talent really started to level up.

Another year of Benning at buck makes me want to chop my dick off, but then again, maybe he has a Mathis-like jump his senior year.

People disappointed with Benning are missing the point of what he's supposed to do. He has basically four responsibilities:

2. Set the edge on runs

3. Get sacks
    4. Cover in flats

He is doing what he's supposed to do, but doesn't make any plays in the pass game (although he's made a couple in the run game). We will level up when we get guys who can do all 3, but again - the key is - our defense is designed to be containment oriented and as such, Benning is doing a good—not great—job.

I hope he can figure out how to get off blocks like the rest of all of us, but I also recognize that he's constantly trying to make sure he doesn't Ryan Bowman-it and get past his guy on the way to the QB only to completely distort the purpose of the defense and give the QB an easy running/passing lane where they have the advantage.

In the pass game I would give Benning a C and in the run game an A-. It would be nice to have Kikaha back, but for that we'd have to actually figure out how to a) identify talent and b) recruit it.

I think this is the message in recruiting and is why we have trouble closing some top level DE talent. (In addition to our coach recruiting acumen at that position). A lot of top level DE's don't want to hear they are going to be playing contain football as a priority first.
    Agree, I've been saying this from the beginning. Even had some doogs dismiss this concept.

Buck-type recruits will investigate their role, investigate how they will be potentially used in Petersen's defense.

Once they hear "seal the edge ... containment ... prevent the qb from getting outside and funnel the action through the middle and collapse the field so an opportunistic backer and secondary can take advantage ... Discipline!"

That shit doesn't appeal to croots as much as "coach pete says he'll green light me to just go out there and destroy the quarterback!"

Hearing the message from Washington that says "if you come to Washington you have to buy into the program and if you do what we tell you to do the overall defense will be successful and thus you will be successful."

Petersen is selling quality vanilla ice cream. Croots want fucking rocky road with sprinkles and shit.

That's why Petersen appeals more to slow strategy kids who's culture can appreciate what Petersen is selling.

You have to salespeople of the year +10 just to even the playing field and currently we're levelling up due to general Petersen success but we're not all there yet.

Why the fuck would anyone drive an Accord?
    Exactly ... it's why I drive a Turbo-engined Civic
    Still a bitch-bucket. Might as well drive a lesbaru.
    Hurtful
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    Holy fuck, did someone honestly compare Lowe to Barry Fucking Sanders!? Doogiest doog comment ever.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,913
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:
    Yea... going to have to agree on this one. Thread was cruising along, good reads and BAM 40 new posts of garbage related to your dumb shit posts.

So, how many times did it take for you to touch the hot stove before you realized getting burned sucks ass? Because it seems to me that on a daily basis you put your hand on the stove at HH.
  • Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    edited November 2018
    Let me just remind everybody that at one point in time I was the only poster on this board who thought Zach Charbonnet was the best running back on the West coast. Everybody was clamoring for Austin Jones. I got mocked for saying Charbonnet was better than Austin Jones. I got mocked for saying he was UW's #1 RB target on their board over Jones. That was back when he was rated as a high 3*/low 4* recruit with an 89 rating and Jones was nearly rated a 5* recruit with a 98 rating. Jones was rated the #1 RB in the West.

Since then, Charbonnet has committed to Michigan and shot up the rankings as the idiot internet raters have realized how stupid they were for not rating him as a 5* from the jump. 247 now has him ranked as the #1 RB in the West and #3 RB in the country with a 97 rating.

I say this as an example as to why I am the best evaluator of football talent on this motherfucking board. So when I say that Trey Lowe is special as a RB and is similar to Barry Sanders when Sanders came out of high school, instead of mocking me, maybe you should shut the fuck up and listen because I know what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to talent and you motherfuckers don't.
  • Options
    AlCzervikAlCzervik Member Posts: 1,774
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer

Let me just remind everybody that at one point in time I was the only poster on this board who thought Zach Charbonnet was the best running back on the West coast. Everybody was clamoring for Austin Jones. I got mocked for saying Charbonnet was better than Austin Jones. I got mocked for saying he was UW's #1 RB target on their board over Jones. That was back when he was rated as a high 3*/low 4* recruit with an 89 rating and Jones was nearly rated a 5* recruit with a 98 rating. Jones was rated the #1 RB in the West.

Since then, Charbonnet has committed to Michigan and shot up the rankings as the idiot internet raters have realized how stupid they were for not rating him as a 5* from the jump. 247 now has him ranked as the #1 RB in the West and #3 RB in the country with a 97 rating.

I say this as an example as to why I am the best evaluator of football talent on this motherfucking board. So when I say that Trey Lowe is special as a RB and is similar to Barry Sanders when Sanders came out of high school, instead of mocking me, maybe you should shut the fuck up and listen because I know what the fuck I'm talking about when it comes to talent and you motherfuckers don't.

Fag
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

animate said:

animate said:

2. Set the edge on runs

3. Get sacks
    4. Cover in flats

Why the fuck would anyone drive an Accord Toyota Highlander?
    What are you? Some kind of soccer mom?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    AlCzervik said:

Fag
    And?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

You were a moron for liking Charbonnet better than Jones then and you're a moron for liking him better than Jones now.

Jones is the best RB on the west coast. Charbonnet is a solid # 2 and Davis is a solid #3. Neither is close to Jones.
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

You go Mel Kyper!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Any hand-wringing about our defense next year is misplaced.

Even though we will have some holes and be young, we will be the best defense in the conference as always.

You guys want the defense to be 91 dominant - and we won’t be for another 2-3 years. But we will be basically the same as this year for the first half of next year - then we will start to eclipse this year’s D toward the end of next year.

Tuli is going to end up being a huge time player and Taki will be good as well. Obviously it sucks that we need them this early, but Greg Gaines played pretty fucking well as a frosh in 2015.

The ILBs lack some experience, but half our season we’ve been playing Wambaugh this year. If Welly and Beavers are healthy - they’ll be good (not great).

OLBs are gonna be a lot better next year as Ngata puts on weight and Tryon gets experience. Benning is not “decent” in the run game as @RoadDawg55 suggests - he’s really fucking good against the run.

He is one of the reasons teams find it very hard to consistently run on us and he’s dangerous if you try to stretch the play out to his side.

Most people around here get too caught up in individual players. Keith Taylor was probably just as good against Stanford as Kev King would’ve been. Molden is looking fucking good.

The overall talent level is going up on D.

Obviously I would like to have our D in 2021 be our D in 2019, but it’s going to be basically the same as this year for the first half and then better the second half.

We are the best defense in the P12.

With you all the way except for the Benning love.